[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arctic Circle (March 10, 2016) - USS Hartford (SSN 768) surfaces
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
Arctic Circle (March 10, 2016) - USS Hartford (SSN 768) surfaces in the arctic circle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HIJpeFGzng
>>
>>29309291
Neat, but why did they do that? The hell of it?
>>
>>29309443
Testing. show of force.

This is a yearly exersize.
>>
>>29309443
because Murica wanted to deliver freedom to all parts of the planet
>>
>>29309443
Because they are "Nuclear minute men"
>>
>>29309543
SSN, plz no.
>>
>>29309447
Does that mean that they could launch now? I thaought that they had to be under water to launch an icbm. Not a navy guy sorry if im being dumb.
>>
>>29309291
Never thought you'd need a chainsaw on a submarine.
>>
>>29310455
No, the Hartford is a 688 class. Or "Fast attack" it is a 688i with VLS tubes, but those carry traditional ordnance (i.e. tomahawks). Now while it is possible to have strategic assets on a tomahawk platform, the navy doesn't ever do it.

The missile boats are SSBN's or ohio class.
>>
>>29309291
Submariners are strange people.

Would this classify them to get the Arctic Service Ribbon?
>>
>>29311034
>>thin ice

every ice floe appears to be thick as fuck if compared to 0,80m tall russian manlets
>>
>>29314019
>implying American submariners aren't manlets too
You ever seen the inside of a sub?
>>
>>29314019
Are you implying the Russians stack their submarines with 4 yearolds or midgets? I can't think of any other reason to have 31 inch tall crewmembers.
>>
>>29314019
I'm the submarine dick from lastnight. I'm 6'5". it's not that bad.
>>
>>29309291

On the shot from high above, what is that large X marked on the ice?

Is that the spot the sub was aiming for?

Do the do that to measure how accurate their navigation was?
>>
>>29314682
Yes. mostly. it's actually quite difficult to hit a 3d spot in the middle of the ocean with a 688. boomers have a hovering system that makes it much much easier.

I've only done one ice ex it was plenty fun. and very stressful also, they had us meet a film to shoot a movie onboard during it all.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.