[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guns in england
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 900x675
So gun laws in England are pretty much the toughest anywhere (20 years or more) what would you recommend for a Brit who wants to own a firearm?
>>
>>29293964
Move.
>>
>>29293964
>>29293975
Move.

To Jersey, North Ireland, or the Isle of Man, aka the least gun grabby parts of the UK.

Or just use your magic European passport to jump ship to a non shitty country or one with really lax gun control or strict but hardly enforced. Which given the fact that you can go to any Commonwealth Country or any European friendly country means you can go anywhere.
>>
>>29293964
get the hell out of mainland blighty if you want good gun laws. now i might be wrong but we have good laws concerning the ownership of demilitarized tanks so you win some, lose some.
>>
>>29294010
This, Ireland sounds nice too me personally. Think you can get pistols there as well compared too most other insanely strict gun law places.
>>
>>29294057
Eh....don't do Ireland proper. Bunch of gun grabbers there.
>>
I know I have no chance of getting an AR but there must be some sort of firearm I could buy, such as shotguns and hunting rifles
>>
>>29294010
Isle of Man isn't part of the UK, hence the better gun laws. It's complicated.
>>
File: UK Legal shit.jpg (134 KB, 595x701) Image search: [Google]
UK Legal shit.jpg
134 KB, 595x701
>>29294080
You CAN get a permit for many different kind of weapons in UK. The hunting suitable ones are obviously easiest to get, and if you want to have an expensive "assault rifle" wannabe, you can look up those MARS rifles equipped with 2-stage triggers, making them "manual action".

The trick, though? You can technically own ONE firearm of each type.
Got a shotgun? YOU DON'T NEED ANOTHER ONE, YOU CRAZY LUNATIC!
>>
This here's UK legal.
>>
>>29294118
You can get revolvers in Brit bong?
>>
>>29294110
Does it count as the Overseas Territories?

I know you have a bunch of dependencies (autonomous regions that have a fair bit of self rule because small and far but still are connected with the soveignty of the main benefactor country)
>>
>>29294141
I think in the UK they have to be really, really long. On the Isle of Man, you can own normal ones, as well as pistols in .22LR as far as I recall.
>>
>>29294141
Revolvers with HUGE barrels and welded on metal wire "stocks", that make them "not-handguns".
>>
>>29294154
Crown Dependency. Hence why we're seen as a 'tax haven' by the rest of the world.
>>
>>29294141
long barreled stuff only unless its your granddads old webley revolver and I think you might need some historical weapons paperwork however I might be wrong.
>>
File: 1438544478515.jpg (411 KB, 1037x778) Image search: [Google]
1438544478515.jpg
411 KB, 1037x778
>>29293964
>what would you recommend for a Brit who wants to own a firearm?
You can only pretty much anything if you are rich enough and its bolt action.
>>
The Dunblane shootings made all pistols illegal in the UK I believe
>>
>>29294080
>I know I have no chance of getting an AR
Actually, you have. There's these "lever release" models, which require you to release the bolt after each shot.

There's also these similarly operating VZ-58 and FAL models, called MARS rifles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-oCbZ4njiE
>>
>>29294177
I wish the dozens of tiny tax haven rich countries pulled a China and spent shitloads of the rich people's money on building artificial island and expanding more clay so they can become really big countries with loads of guns and money.

Like Switzerland-islands.
>>
>>29294196
That's all good news but what if I have about a £3000 - £5000 budget?
>>
>>29294212
>The Dunblane shootings made all pistols illegal in the UK I believe
Scotland again, they banned airguns too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-27420858
>>
>>29294235
>That's all good news but what if I have about a £3000 - £5000 budget?
Whatever is within your budget, a shot gun licence is a must issue unless you are mental. Otherwise join a gun club and do some research, never mention that the reason you want a gun is to defend yourself.
>>
>>29294177
Yeah we have a similar thing with Guam and American Samoa.
>>
>>29294235
You're one rich bastard, and can get almost anything. A 12ga pump or semi + .308 lever-action would be easy peasy to get, but you could even aim higher and go for some crazy manual-action .223 salt-gun.
>>
File: hk_mp7_b.jpg (23 KB, 640x238) Image search: [Google]
hk_mp7_b.jpg
23 KB, 640x238
>>29294118
>semi auto in .22 and below

Sooooo, that means 4.6HK and .22 hornet are OK for semi auto?
>>
>>29293964

..get one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc1EOV4_vbc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_YyUnuhFxY
>>
>>29294274
Okay I'll keep that in mind, what about the £500 mark?
>>
>>29294317
pretty sure that's .22lr, as .223 is already restricted.

Better just grab an SGC .223 Lever Release or VZ-58 MARS instead.
>>
>>29294301
Well that's top budget, I thought they would be more expensive in England. How about £500?
>>
>>29294370
>Okay I'll keep that in mind, what about the £500 mark?
Just look online for the general gist.

http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/
>>
>>29294118
That is not true. You can own as many Sec. 2 Shotguns on a shotgun cert. as you'd like without reason, so long as you have space to store them. And as for section 1 firearms (rifles, LBP, sec 1 shotguns) you can own multiples of any type so long as you have a valid enough reason, and again, space to store them.

Source: My 2 .22 rifles, and 2 shotguns.
>>
>>29294387
dunno about your UK prices, but here in the EU mainland, you can get things like 12ga pump-actions and good ol' Mosin-Nagants for like 200-300€, both new and second-hand.

I'd expect those UK-legal AR-wannabes to cost well over 1000£ though.
>>
>>29294387
For £500 you could get any number of decent 2nd hand rifles or shotguns, to start with.
Check out gunstar.co.uk or visit almost any gun shop and you'll have a pretty decent amount on offer for that kind of price. Certainly something good enough to get you out there shooting and to start a collection with.
>>
>>29294432
So how would I get into shooting as a sport here? And what sort of paperwork would I need?
>>
>>29294694
Well basically speaking these are the main steps for most folks:
(unless you own a farm or a significant chunk of land to shoot upon....going in here assuming you don't.)

Find a shooting club near you and ask to join up (If you are in the south, I'd suggest the NRA @ Bisley)
Be a probationary member and shoot there with club guns/air rifles for ~6 months
After that, if you become a full member you can then apply for your FAC (gun licence)

For the FAC generally speaking you need a gun safe, to not be a total nutjob, and then an interview with a police officer to go over your reasons etc for wanting to own guns. Being part of the rifle club is your reason, in this instance.
The kind of guns you can then own are dictated by the "slots" for calibre/action you apply for, and those in turn are dictated by the limits at the range at your club.

It's a fair bit of just waiting about to tick boxes, to be perfectly honest, but once you get your foot in the door and have your licence, things really do get far easier from there. In the mean time, I'd strongly suggest getting an air rifle (you'll almost certainly be able to shoot it at whichever club you decide to join) to tide you over and get some of the basic principles of shooting down before getting hold of your firearms.
>>
>>29293964
Anyone ever meet a section 5 (really rare machine gun, explosives, defense contractor type of guy)?
>>
>>29294134
Shit, unless Al Capone is going to burgle your house I can't see much use for it.
>>
>>29294876
Yup. The guy who runs my local gun shop (an utterly fantastic place called the Hampshire Smokery & Gun Room) has Section 5 authority and deals with all sorts of very awesome kit. He is an absolutely top bloke as well. If you're in Hampshire, I highly recommend you pay him a visit.
>>
>>29294837
Cheers, I'm in the north so maybe if nothing there will be more space to shoot.
I've been looking at air rifles too but I'm not really sure which one's for me especially as I'm left handed, shit sucks
>>
>>29295000
Cool.

I'm an American though, so the closest we have are like machine gun and destructive device dealers.

I've met a couple machine gun guys, they were cool.

So what kind of crazy shit did he have?
>>
File: LE Scot pepe.png (21 KB, 473x500) Image search: [Google]
LE Scot pepe.png
21 KB, 473x500
>>29293964
>Talks about England
>Uses the Union Flag
>Even though Scots have different laws on funz

ok then m8
>>
>>29293964
Come to your former colony.
>>
>>29295154
None cares about you haggisfag.
>>
>>29294386
Well, obviously, but it says ".223 and up", .22 hornet is in no way above .223!

That's why 4.6HK should be a totally safe option.
>>
File: IMG_20160317_201634.jpg (374 KB, 1037x778) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160317_201634.jpg
374 KB, 1037x778
>>29294196
>that suppressor
Woah Momma!
>>
>>29295186
wew lad

never said anything bad man
>>
>>29295148
He has absolutely all sorts, he imports and deactivates machine guns regularly (sad stuff, but man's gotta make a living somehow, and a lot of it is very mass produced stuff).
He has a yugo copy of the mg42 in his front room, several of whatever that early CZ MG the bren gun was derived from is, a pile of AK bit and bobs and a variety of the complete FA rifles, full auto skorpions, early 30's lugers, a full auto mp5, a whole heap of handguns and plenty of thing's I'd consider antique or at least of interest.

And that is just the stuff I know about as a customer, that he has mentioned in passing or even has on display in his shop in one form or another. Dude is living the dream.
>>
>>29294118
as far as bolt actions go, there isnt actually nay kind of caliber limit .55 boys rifles are legal, as are overbore hunting rifles and anything else.

the firearms laws in england are principally concerned with concealability and rate of fire, hence no semi or full auto and pistols/sawn off shotguns being illegal.

but if you had a range that would let you fire it and a place to store it a https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anzio_20mm_rifle would be legal, would raise a few eyebrows applying for one but it would be legal
>>
>>29294235
Mate, you could buy a brand new Barrett .50 or .338 with scope and bi/monopod on that budget.
Let alone all the options you have for second hand.

https://www.riflecraft.co.uk/rifles/target?sort=price-desc
>>
>>29293964
a plane ticket
>>
https://www.youtube.com/user/EnglishShooting
Subscribe to this guy's channel and get as much info as you can from his videos.
>>
File: London faggs.webm (956 KB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
London faggs.webm
956 KB, 400x224
>>29293964
>>
>>29293964
In all honesty Australia is far worse in most ways.

Anyway get a FAC and a semi auto shotgun of some kind or a lever release ar 15 or two trigger pull vz 58. Shoot the practical shotgun and rifle competitions and have fun.
>>
File: No, no guns allowed in England.jpg (672 KB, 1296x968) Image search: [Google]
No, no guns allowed in England.jpg
672 KB, 1296x968
>>
>>29294057
>ireland
>only single shot .22 bolt actions
>good
>>
>>29298476
Moar collection pics like this, Britbongs! I'm curious to see what kind of arsenals some of you guys have, despite all the laws.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.