[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Korea is really best !
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7
File: 1Mai-7j.jpg (85 KB, 500x673) Image search: [Google]
1Mai-7j.jpg
85 KB, 500x673
Even the Pentagon says it
>But what Milley describes as a "great power war" against one or two of four countries - China, Russia, Iran and North Korea - would pose greater challenges.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CONGRESS_ARMY_READINESS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-03-16-13-29-14
>>
Well the Norks have a massive military, a willingness to use it and the home field advantage.

I mean they torpedoed a warship as recently as 2010.
>>
>>29287467
I'd honestly imagine that they'd be the first out of all of them to use a nuke.

They're ballsy, but kinda outdated.
>>
>>29287485
that's the thing. Because North Korea acts like an irrational actor, it is very hard to know if they'd be willing to use nukes in their own territory or at all or if they'd be willing to escalate into an all out war in which the possibility of nukes being used comes up.

The biggest issue isn't whether or not the US can defeat DPRK, but how quickly and to what extent can they prevent the DPRK from using nukes in its own soil.

Irregardless of winning, the moment they use nukes we've lost in terms of stopping the deaths of potentially thousands if not millions of people (Seoul is within some Nork arty range) and if reports are true about norks miniaturizing the nuke, it could be used in arty pieces if not the radioactive material itself could be used to create a dirty bomb
>>
>>29287539
>irregardless
Get out.
>>
File: Untitled.png (8 KB, 558x201) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
8 KB, 558x201
>>29287559
>>
>>29287559
They added irregardless to the dictionary. I guess they figured so many people thought that it was a word, that they might as well make it a word.
>>
>>29287623
It's no more legitimate than "bling bling". Fuck off.
>>
>>29287635
selfie is in the dictionary. Im not gonna defend that word, but if its legitimized and internalized by many then it is considered a proper word.

You can be as snooty as you want, but a word that has been in existence for at least two hundred years and is used by many should be legitimized, even if its origins did come from another word being used improperly
>>
>>29287452
Yeah because war against North Korea means war against China.
>>
>>29287649
>Trying to justify being legitimately retarded this hard.
>>
File: 1419103909478.jpg (205 KB, 752x908) Image search: [Google]
1419103909478.jpg
205 KB, 752x908
>>29287830
be who you want to be.

Granted I now will refrain from using it in a more professional environment. But this is an Apache headdress forum. Unless you're an english professor or TA, I don't see the reason to be so nit picky with my choice of words when other posts are straight up retardation in comparison.
>>
>>29287856
>be who you want to be
And you want to be retarded and semi-literate. That's fine.
>>
>>29287856
>But but guise... It's in the dictionary

Are you the same kind of retard who would use literally to mean figuratively and then tell say "the dictionary definition changed anon! Be who you want to be, only God can judge me!"

The dictionary doesn't change the meaning of words. The dictionary tells you how words are used today. Just because some people don't understand the meaning of words and the dictionary acknowledges that doesn't mean you sound any less retarded when you write irregardless instead of regardless.
>>
>>29287921
you didn't read the rest did you. I agree with you, but being picky in a place where people use slang all the time is a little bit odd. Especially when the second post uses the word Nork and you didn't even use a proper sentence in >>29287830 (yes I know greentext, but you still didn't actually write a proper sentence)
>>
>>29287948
>using guise
>complains about proper word usage
ok? I mean point taken about irregardless and regardless. But you're no better if you use other slang.
>>
>>29287951
Irregardless isn't slang, it's just idiotic. Like saying eated instead of ate or misunderestimate instead of underestimate. Slang, contractions, even typos, are fine. Even funny shit like Nork. Those are language conventions done on purpose for reasons you are clearly too stupid to understand. Using words like irregardless over regardless doesn't serve a purpose, it's just you being a poor English speaker. And if you know it's wrong and do it on purpose, then you are stubbornly retarded, which is worse than ignorantly retarded. You fucking tripfag.
>>
File: 1403559810358.jpg (635 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
1403559810358.jpg
635 KB, 1280x1920
>>29287968
eh point taken. I don't really care about using it, I legitimately thought it was a proper word that was just being debated as to how legitimate it was. i'll accept your position, but is it the fact that it is a misinterpretation that it is wrong to use irregardless or is it because it is merely the same thing as regardless?
>tripfag
oh stop, you make me blush
>>
>>29287987
It's something that illiterate or generally unread people started using because they didn't know any better and it somehow caught on. The same way a small group of 15 year old girls with access to Tumblr and Facebook managed to use and spread the use of the word literally to literally mean figuratively enough that the dictionary changed the definition. Despite that, anyone who uses literally to mean figuratively doesn't do it because they read it in the dictionary, they do it because they never knew what literally meant in the first place.
You fucking tripfag.
>>
>>29288006
>you fucking tripfag
boy you could make a small fortune with all the salt you have. Least you could learn what tripfag means before you start throwing it around
>>
>>29288006
I love how he didn't know what it meant and even though he asked as to its meaning you still shat on him for being ignorant. Sounds like youre the kind to yell at kids because they don't know the difference between cells and viruses
>>
>>29288023
I think it means a fag who uses a tripcode on an anonymous image board.
What do you think it means?
>>
>>29288036
do you see a tripcode?
>>
>>29288006
You couldn't be saltier even if your entire body was made from sodium chloride
>>
>>29287948
>language and the meaning of words never changes and only retards accept that it does
See, that's how utterly thick you sound right now, language and the meaning of words changes, get over it, everyone else has and the slow change of the English language isn't goingt to stop just because you're bootyblasted.
>>
>>29287649
Yeah and literally now means figuratively thanks to your retarded standards. Should we just make there, their and they're the same while where at it?
>>
>>29288038
No. Do you understand words? Do you think calling someone a faggot means "I see you are a homosexual" or "I want to hurt you with a word that describes something you are not but you could be described as with a short stretch"
>>
File: 4nhUs.png (81 KB, 339x337) Image search: [Google]
4nhUs.png
81 KB, 339x337
>>29288036
>absolutely no tripcode in sight
Very rarely are newfags so obvious.
>>
>>29287559
>>29287581
>>29287623
>>29287830
>>29288006
>>29288038
>>29288061
>>29288064
This is now a spelling thread.
>>
>>29288059
>hurr durr language changes to appease people who were too lazy or stupid to learn the rules as children. If you are against this you are sillyhead

Back to Tumblr with you.
>>
>>29288061
If a lot of people start doing it and it enters the English language as a commonly used form....yes.

>>29288064
>calls someone who isn't a tripfag, a tripfag
>spergs out when he's been caught out as an idiot
>just plows straight on like he wasn't an idiot in the first place
I guess if you keep being stupid eventually everyone will give up talking to you and you can tell yourself you've won, that sound about right there kid?
>>
>>29288068
>"No I don't understand words."
>>
>>29288064
>>29288075
the word you're looking for is namefag you child. Or is it your first time in 4chan?
>>
>>29288074
Learn to read, toddler.
>>
>>29288073
Yes, yes they do.
>>29288075
Stop, it hurts. You don't know what a tripfag is, at least fucking lurk long enough to work out the basics faggot.
>>
>>29288082
This board for 18+, you fucked up, he's not a tripfag, he's a namefag, accept your newfaggotry, move on and don't post for at least another month.
>>
>>29288097
second it
>>
>>29288079
>>29288093
>>29288097
No, the word I was looking for is Tripfag, because I was implying he was as bad as a Tripfag. Jesus Christ are you really this dumb? Do you think I go around repeatedly telling actual Tripfags that they are Tripfags, just in case they didn't know? Do you know how insults work, you dumb piece of shit?
>>
>>29288107
jesus fucking christ. I love how you gave a whole speech about proper word usage then shat on everything you said by using the incorrect insult.

A namefag is a namefag, calling him a tripfag is like calling a police officer a cow.
>>
>>29288074
>>29288079
>>29288093
>>29288100
The samefagging is real.
>>
File: SALTY.png (5 KB, 348x127) Image search: [Google]
SALTY.png
5 KB, 348x127
>>29288112
>>
>>29288112
Seriously, isn't it a little past your bedtime?
>>
>>29288111
A namefag is a namefag, calling him a tripfag is like calling a police officer a cow.

Well done, that is an insult. Calling a police officer a cow is an insult. Perhaps because she is fat, or bovine looking. Well done, you stupid cunt.

A namefag is a namefag, calling him a namefag isn't insulting, that's what he is. Calling him a tripfag is insulting, as that's what he's not, and it's something that is worse than what he is.
Lesson over, go and play now.
>>
>>29288117
>Claims he wasn't samefagging by proving that he was, in fact, samefagging.

Apologies, you were only samefagging half as much as I thought you were.
>>
>>29288125
>people post multiple responses to different things
yes, what a crime
>>
>>29288125
Hey Billy your mom called, she says we need to go to bed because if not she won't take us to marineworld after school
>>
>>29288125
Honestly, why are you angry? Is it because no one else understands the genius that you are? Is it because you are so smart that everyone else is beneath you? You're probably better off posting somewhere else, with people who are like minded. Maybe 9gag is a good place for people of your intellectual stature
>>
>>29288130
>Gets shut down with simple words.

Uurrrr durr u r a child. Go 2 bed. Huhu.
>>
>>29288125>>29288141
This is just sad
>>
ITT imperialist pig-dogs recognize Shining Joseon for its rightful place as a world power
>>
>>29288127 (me)
>>29288141
I don't see how shifting between being "intellectually superior" and straight up retarded makes for a good argument. On the one hand you're actually making good arguments, but then when you respond to shit like >>29288130
you compromise your position by going down to their level
>>
>>29288157
Why do you think this is all the same person?
>>
>>29288122
This had been my last post until now. I was implying that he was just as bad as an actual Tripfag. I don't know what the fuck else has been going on.
>>
>>29288184
fair enough.

im just enjoying how much of a sperg other people are because I misused a word. Im retarded, I know. But it shouldn't mean that a shitload of people start fighting over other shit like the meaning of tripfag or about how the use of words change over time.
>>
>>29288006
>>you fucking tripfag
>>
>>29287452
One of the best thread derailments in living memory - you no longer find even the slightest trace of the original subject.
>>
>>29287452

Sure, they got some equipment and enough fanaticism to make them intimidating, but knock out the Nork's food storage and in two weeks reduce them to African tiered military prowess
>>
>>29287452
Believing this is possible without MAD would make Fallout 4 a realistic future simulator.
>>
>>29288477
Robot 9000 crossboard shitpoasting autism at it's finest.
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (85 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
85 KB, 1280x720
Nork thread derailed by grammar Nazi's.
Kek

Think Japan would hit worst Korea first of they went apeshit?
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.