[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Leupold Optics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
Ok so I'm currently deployed to Africa and a buddy of mine in our Recon Platoon has a friend stateside who is a Leupold dealer, and he is able to get everyone in the company any Leupold product they want at 50% off. So I started looking at their products because HELL YEAH!! And the only thing I've seen that I like is the D-Evo. But I have no experience with it and don't know anyone who owns one or has even used one. It's Leupold so I'm fairly confident in it's durability, but I'm just curious if anyone on /k/ has any firsthand experience with it and/or Leupold's LCO which I can get paired with it. I currently have an ACOG with an offset Aimpoint T-1 on my personally owned AR but am very curious is the D-Evo/LCO combination would be worth the expense (probably around 1,300-1,400 with tax. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>29271595
depends what you're actually doing. There's not much superior of an optic for an AR than just an acog on a ar platform.
>>
>>29271642
>what is precision shooting
>>
>>29271669
>durr I am dumb and didn't even read OP

I am sure he is making 1 hit headshot kills with his ACOG and Aimpoint T1 at 8000 yards you stupid faggot
>>
>>29271595
their pretty new so i dont think their is a lot of 3rd party testing out yet, but general rule of thumb is Leopold is always good to go
>>
>>29271691
thanks bby,

>>29271669
For 1300 he could literally buy a rifle and a scope and get better "precision shooting" than buying an optic for what is possibly a fucking carbine. Now shut the fuck up and let me try and get a fucking job.
>>
>>29271595
also ar gen might be able to help you more

>>29270894
>>
>>29271595
i have a neat scout scope of theirs the image is crisp and fucking beautiful, however with nine inches of eye relief it can be rather niche,
>for ar's
i dont know sheeeeet
>>
OP here, so my rifle is a PWS Mk. 116 and my use is basically 3 gun and plinking, with possible SHTF use (but honestly I would most likely be in uniform and using my issued weapon if that ever happened) I do practice 500 yard shots on occasion when I'm feeling froggy, but it's a 40in x 20in silhouette so it doesn't require a ton of precision.
>>
>>29271595
that reticle is beautiful
>>
>>29272013

for 3gun a 1-4 or 1-6 variable would do you much better.
>>
D-Evo sucks

Played with it at the NRA show last year
If your head moves AT ALL from the position that's lined up to see the lower optic, you cannot see through it
>>
>>29272092
not even close senpai
offset red dot with an adjustable optic up top is what WAY more people use

set your magnification before the match to whatever is practical for the longer shots and use red dot for close up
>>
D-Evo is ok, not good for any sort of shooting from cover though
>>
>>29272148
Wow it's like every optic ever

Fucking moron
>>
>>29272092
I've tried Trijicon's VCOG 1-6x as well as Leupold's Mark 6 1-6x but I didn't like how slow it was going from full power (or even just 4x) back down to 1x. That's why I eventually switched to my current setup, ACOG with offset Aimpoint. I love my current setup, it's fast and familiar, but with an opportunity like this I just don't want to not take advantage of this discount.
>>
>>29272148
How finnicky was it? I did read in one review that it was very sensitive to eye placement, which has been my experience with the Leupold Mark 6 mounted on my issued M110 SASS. It is a great scope, and tough as nails, but you do have to have your eye placed VERY precisely behind it or you will have a huge scope shadow
>>
>>29272196
no, scopes will often have a good eye box where you can still see the optic. the D-Evo will completely go black if you shift your eyes the wrong way even.
>>
>>29272431
>says the talking skeleton
>>
>>29271595
Where deployed? just general area if you're worried about OPSEC
>>
>>29271595
The D-EVO is dogshit.

If you can drop money, get a Vortex Razor HD II with the military/LEO discount. CAG is confirmed for using this specific optic, Geissele made a mount specifically for the Razor HD II 1-6x.

If you're rich as fuck for reasons unknown, Kahles K16i.
>>
>>29272163
>>29272203

or you could get a scope power throw lever.

>>29275043

if you're super rich, get the Swarovski that literally every top 3 gunner is using.
>>
>>29275103
The Swarovski Z6i is literally the same thing as the Kahles K16i with a different brand name and different reticle selection.

Swarovski is the hunting brand, Kahles is the police/military/tactical brand.
>>
>>29271709
They're** there**
>>
Get off /k/ and ask the BDC. dont trust anon fags opinions.
>>
File: 1435123737425.jpg (386 KB, 1737x1719) Image search: [Google]
1435123737425.jpg
386 KB, 1737x1719
>>
What are you doing in Africa?
>>
>>29276308
I'm with a reactionary force, and I have tried throw levers on my variables. I still own the VCOG and my wife uses it currently, but it still seems slower than my canted Aimpoint. Plus I have to remove one of my hands from the weapon in order to manipulate the lever, whereas with a canted RDS all I have to do is rotate. It sounds like the D-EVO is not worth the money. Perhaps I will use the discount to just buy a new scope for my Rem 700? I like the Mark 6 I've played with on my M110
>>
>>29276066
kill the tigger nigger
>>
>>29271595
Thank you for your cervix
>>
>>29271595
>only 50%

What, did they change their discount for 2016?
>>
>>29278221
kek say what now?
>>
>>29277916
You know the VCOG is slower because it's literally one of the worst 1-6x on the market, right? Even trijicon's accupoint/accupower blows it out of the water optically. Their only selling point is ACOG style tankiness.

Yes, a canted red dot is faster, but the margin is much narrower if you compare it to the 'fast' low power variables + cat tail already mentioned all over this thread, the k16i/z6i or razor HD2. Swaro just released their z8i now as well.

Unless your goal is specifically to stay in tac-optics instead of moving to open, I would stick with the canted red dot.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.