[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Solvent Trap Review
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
Recently purchased a solvent trap. Fired it a few times. I'll answer any questions I can.
>>
>>29260106
Whats your favorite meal?
>>
>>
>>29260106
WHere? Price? What cartridges have you solvent trapped?
>>
>>29260129
Ordered from preppersdiscound com.
With shipping, $260(roughly). The baffles sold separately $170.
I've fired regular .22 rimfire through it.
>>
>>29260151
Why not just build your own
>>
File: ATF-Agent-generic.jpg (115 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
ATF-Agent-generic.jpg
115 KB, 1200x675
>>29260106
I have some questions for you, anon.
>>
>>29260106
Why do people do this stupid bullshit?

You built an illegal, undocumented suppressor, and decided to just go tell the whole world?

Everyone knows making a suppressor is easy. Everyone knows suppressors make guns quieter.
>>
>>29260106
>solvent trap
>Fired it
you aren't even trying to maintain plausible deniability, which is the entire point of the "solvent trap" idea. Delete this thread before someone reports it, rightfully, for illegal content.
>>
And now, it's time for the dumb question:

What's a solvent trap?

Or is that just a euphemism for suppressor?
>>
>>29261724
The idea is a "solvent trap" threads on to the end of your barrel, you pour in solvents to clean the gun, and they don't go to waste because they get trapped in the solvent trap.

In reality, they're commonly used (and marketed) as an easy way to build an illegal, undocumented suppressor.
>>
>>29261756
Or alternatively, a cheap and legal suppressor kit.
Buy shit, get it engraved, file form, wait, assemble.
>>
>>29261724
Imagine them as the "80% lowers" of the surpressor world. Some of them take advantage of maglite bodies or other materials. Their official purpose is catch solvents and other materials during cleanign of the barrel but if the end cap is drilled to the correct diameter and the baffles added, congrats you have a brand new surpressor.
>>
>>29260106
How many dogs do you own?
>>
>>29264087
Soon to be none
>>
File: OPanimated.gif (31 KB, 250x200) Image search: [Google]
OPanimated.gif
31 KB, 250x200
>>29260106
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.