[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mosin Crime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9
Ok so I just got my first mosin and for some reason I thought it would be ok to screw in a pistol grip into it. The grip was made for the mosin, but is it a crime to attach this to my mosin?
>>
>>29254532
Are you retarded?
>>
Op here real quick. Just to let you know, this does make it very comfortable and im planning on getting a new stock for it anyways. so does it even matter?
>>
>>29254538
naw
>>
>>29254541
Getting a new stock?
Use the new stock then.
Don't wreck the original.

And nothing you ever do will ever raise the value of it.
It has to gain value on its own, something it WON'T do it you put a pistol grip on it you heathen.
>>
no but it should be
>>
>>29254565
ok I can just put wood filler into the hole and stain it or some shit if i ever sell the wood stock which i wont. It will end up sitting in my closet for years and years and ill probably just toss it.
besides. I already had the pistol grip from a buddy and i just wanted to see it for shits and gigs. like i said, im planning on getting new shit for it anyways.
>>
>>29254587
You already drilled the hole?
>>
>>29254637
its a screw that secures the grip into the rifle. just a single screw. the only reason i made this thread is because i kind of regret it. Is it ruined forever?
>>
File: JeremyWadeWasHere.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
JeremyWadeWasHere.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>29254538
>>
Gonna be honest who gives a fuck about mosins?
>>
File: 1455694857762.jpg (391 KB, 1499x1963) Image search: [Google]
1455694857762.jpg
391 KB, 1499x1963
>>29254657
Yes.
>>
File: mosin-tang-screw.jpg (106 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
mosin-tang-screw.jpg
106 KB, 640x426
>>29254657

this one?
>>
>>29254902

I mean, it takes some retarded shit to fuck up a mosin. But this guy might've actually done it.
>>
>>29254532
I mean, I hate the idea of defiling a surplus rifle in any way, even though mosins are still relatively plentiful. Just wish you didn't do it, OP
>>
>>29254969
If a surplus rifle is going to be fucked with, at least it's a mosin.
>>
File: IMG_0944.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0944.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I mean I assumed that if it made you more comfortable shooting it, and you own the gun, then it's up to you. I mean I could get another one if I wanted to me a historical faggot. I dont really care for the history or the antique-ness of this gun. Pic. Its screwed directly into the wood. Im going to order an ATI Monte Carlo stock right now.
>>
>>29255041
If you're getting a new stock why bother installing the grip? Not mad just confused.
>>
>>29255041
give up specifics, how quality is that mosin?
>>
>>29255071
I didn't decide to get a stock until I put the grip on and thought about it for a few hours. I have a buddy who completely modernized his and I was like, dang, I want that. So yeah. Idk. Just did it cuz I had the grip.
>>
File: IMG_0945.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0945.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>29255078
I'd say its pretty decent.This was the pricetag at the gunshow that was on it. Im going to be completely honest. This is my first mosin so I dont really know though.
>>
>>29254532

RIFLE IS FINE
>>
>>29255102
Eh you didn't butcher it completely and it can be fixed with wood glue and a bit of varnish. Still you should've thought of the new stock sooner faggot.
>>
>>29255142
THANK YOU FOR A STR8 ANSWER SENPAI. srsly thanks though. Yeah I fuqed it a little bit but it'll be fine. Is the wood part without the rest of the gun worth anything if I felt like selling it?
>>
>>29254532
>>29255102
$275 PLUS TAX ARE YOU RETARDED?
YOU COULD HAVE BOUGHT A BRAND NEW SAVAGE WITH SCOPE FOR THAT PRICE

The Mosin Nagant is a fucking terrible rifle. It's a pretty banger for $100, but it's literally awful in comparison to any other rifle.
>>
>>29255177
What if that's the gun he wanted to purchase with his money?
>>
>>29255166
>Is the wood part without the rest of the gun worth anything
No
>if I felt like selling it?
You are retarded. The Mosin is a horrible platform to sporterize. For the price you spent on that mosin and a sporter stock you could have bought an AR.
>>
>>29255191
You're just like every other faggot anymore. AR THIS
AR THAT
AR
Hey how AR you doing jimmy.....im quite ARite.
Fucking faggots.
>>
>>29255190
Then he's dumb. Being free to buy shit doesn't make you any less retarded for doing it.
>>
>>29255166
Not really Mosin stocks are cheap. Even the wooden ones. Most of the cost comes from mechanical parts being in good shape.
>>
>>29255041
It's a limanated stock, not one of the cheap ones, that stock is 80 dollar stock by itself
>>
>>29256006
For collectors laminated stocks ARE the cheap ones. Pre-war stocks>mid-war>shitty post-war laminate
>>
>>29255011
>At least it's a Mauser, not a Krag
You 50 years ago
>At least it's a Krag, not a trapdoor
You 100 years ago.
>>
>>29256039
Good thing

>It's Current Year
>>
>>29254532

It's your rifle, so do with it what you wish.

That being said, these are historical pieces and despite their low cost are still valuable rifles. The age of milsurp guns is ending and any modifications you make will lower the value of the gun to everyone except you. No one will ever want to buy your pistol grip mosin. It also makes the gun less valuable as an heirloom. Most people with even an ounce of historical appreciation will pass up on an altered rifle because you have destroyed that aspect of the gun.

Modify anything but your milsurp. They aren't being produced any more and every rifle that is destroyed is one less we have to enjoy.
>>
>>29256251
Wew lad, it's a mosin nagant, not a fucking garand. It's a shitty communist gun.
>>
>>29255190
You can pay a hooker to beat your dick with a hammer if you want to. It's totally your right, and I get to laugh at you for it.
Similarly I'm going to laugh at you if you're buying shit guns when you could get something better for the same price, unless you're filthy fucking rich and want to be a Soviet shitsurp "collector". Even then I might laugh at you.
>>
>>29256278
>Wew lad, it's just a *, not a fucking *
Is that what your grandpa said when he chopped the stock on his 1903 Springfield?
>>
Just buy an Archangel stock and put the wood stock aside (wrap it up, make sure you don't lose it).
>>
>>29254532
Who cares? They made countless millions of the damn things so unless it is some rare Hex or Tula do whatever you want to it.

I have one coming that I'm going to chop down to either an Obrez or just a regular SBR.
>>
>>29256312
A Springfield is worth far more than a Mosin and is a far better firearm. It's also American.
>>
>>29256375

>implying that the nation of origin is a factor when purchasing a gun

>not buying the best guns for the money and performance
>>
>>29256404
Then why didn't you buy a modern bolt gun for $200 rather than a mosin?
>>
>>29254657
Yes, but it's a garbage rifle anyway
>>
>>29256500

Because I like history and am a poorfag so the Mosin was an optimal choice as an affordable historical rifle with acceptable performance. The historical value is worth more to me than the increased accuracy that would come with a modern bolt gun.
>>
>>29256720
>buying a gun for historical value
>not buying the best guns for the money and performance
top wew
>>
File: REMOVED.jpg (61 KB, 343x468) Image search: [Google]
REMOVED.jpg
61 KB, 343x468
>>29255177

MOSIN KILLS FASCIST

NO NEEDINGS OF GLASS SEEING ITEM OR THE CAPITALIST PLASTIC

DUMB CHILD CAN BE USING THE CAPITALIST RIFLE, BUT MOSIN IS OF MAKING FOR THE MAN, RIFLE IS HEAVY, RIFLE IS SLOW, BUT RIFLE IS FOR THE MAN, NOT THE COWARD DOG

MOSIN FIGHT IN AS MANY OF THE WARS AS OF THE PUSSY YOUR MOTHER TAKE THE PENIS

MOSIN GOOD, IS WORK FOR 125 YEARS, IS KILLING THE FASCIST 125 YEARS

MOSIN FINE
>>
>>29256752

Different strokes for different folks mang. My mosin will get a deer just as surely as your 300 dollar Savage. I'd say that's acceptable performance. Or would you like me to get the ruler out and start measuring group sizes?
>>
File: Mn.jpg (9 KB, 299x134) Image search: [Google]
Mn.jpg
9 KB, 299x134
>>29254532
It's your gun, do what you want with it. People (me) can and will disagree with you, but hey.
>>
>>29256720
>I like history
>ruins the history of the gun
Just kill yourself.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.