[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the Secret Service uses .357 SIG and are issued a sig P229. My
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1382915167612.jpg (1 MB, 1600x2788) Image search: [Google]
1382915167612.jpg
1 MB, 1600x2788
the Secret Service uses .357 SIG and are issued a sig P229. My cousin in law just got a job guarding federal buildings, He was also issues a SIG.

WTF mates? If i was POTUS I think I would want my men guarding me with 1911s and have sub compact 9mm on their leg holsters. Also at least one guy with an SMG

What would you want your men to have?
>>
>>29248209
Maybe the Secret Service know more about this sort of thing than you?
>>
>>29248221
usually in ANY government operation the items used and issues are the most cost effective to quality ration, NOT the best quality product. This is why cops use $500 Glocks and not a $1200 H&K
>>
File: Ronald-Reagan-Gun-Air-Force-One.jpg (130 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
Ronald-Reagan-Gun-Air-Force-One.jpg
130 KB, 500x300
>>
>>29248209
Four guys with kevlar vests and p90s should be enough for just about anything that's survivable in the first place. I'd hope at least one of them has some basic EOD training to keep an eye out for planted bombs.
>>
>>29248234
>NOT the best quality product
>glocks

You're confusing me.
>>
>>29248298
>this

OP I would imagine most Secret Service and federal guards in general are tasked with either getting the president out of wherever they're getting shot at or keeping him safe until a qrf comes in.
>>
>>29248318
But he's right. Glocks are the best quality to cost ration handgun available right now.
>>
>>29248318
glocks are a mid tier gun. They arent junk and they arent the best handgun in the world. They are prices fair so agencies use them.

If you want the best possible quality hand gun you can get youd expect to pay OVER $1,000 for the hand gun and agencies would rather spend 400-600$ on a gun.

Its why the state dept sometimes buy crown vics and and ford taurs instead of say...a Jaguar or Bentley
>>
>>29248429
>they arent the best handgun in the world
Maybe when you learn a little more about firearms, you'll look back at these posts and laugh.
>>
>>29248445
you are literally fucking uneducated about guns. Glocks are the Toyota Camry of the gun world.
>>
>>29248462
No, he's right. You're kinda foolish and unknowlegdable
>>
>>29248618
No, he's right, Glocks are mid tier. There's nothing wrong with that. I love mine, but it's not the end all be all of handguns.
>>
>>29249065
If I were to stop shitposting for a second, I'd honestly suggest that Glocks would be among the best.

High mechanical reliability, adequate accuracy and ergonomics.

Extremely common designs have an inherent advantage when it comes to performance, because an institution can learn every little thing there is to know about its function.
>>
>>29248357
No.

They should be a $350 dollar gun.
>>
>>29249097
Why does every thread have to turn into a poorfag glawk lovefest? There's not a glawk made that can hold a candle to a P229 chambered in .357sig. Get a better job and maybe you'll come to appreciate nice things, and the fact that they cost more.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.