[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good pellet rifle to get to plink in my backward
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: chinese 22 pellet rifle.jpg (27 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
chinese 22 pellet rifle.jpg
27 KB, 700x525
What's a good pellet rifle to get to plink in my backward and kill pigeons with (maybe squirrels too).

are these $30 chinese ones ok? I've seen around and there are rifles from $30 up to $2000. Also, what about calibers? .22 wil do fine right?
>>
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Benjamin-.22-Caliber-Break-Barrel-Carbine-Air-Rifle/16536174

This one comes with a scope. Apparently it's much better.
>>
Cant go wrong with a crosman phantom
>>
>>29233815
Get a full auto .177 uzi
>>
>>29233815

I had exact pic related when I was little, I would shoot birds with it every morning before school. I remember being a dead shot with it even when half of the rear sight broke off.
>>
Do they still make those pump pistol pellet guns? I used to have one of those and if you pumped it till you were about to break it the pellet would go through a wood fence.
>>
File: 20151026_105710.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151026_105710.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>29233815

Depends on how much you want to spend.

If you want a classic break barrel, i'd recommend a Walther Terrus. Walther LGV if you can afford it (500+ dollars) - best break barrel on the market.

Also look at weihrauch hw97k, walther lgu, air arms tx200, and air arms prosport (together with the lgv, these are the 5 best piston rifles in my opinion).

Pic related: my two rifles. Walthrer lgv on top.
>>
Off you want something under a hundred bucks a Daisy PowerLine 880 and if you're more serious about it Benjamin air rifles range from $150-$1000 or so and are very good guns.
>>
>>29234008
Yes. Crosman does at least
>>
File: pellet pistol 001.jpg (170 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
pellet pistol 001.jpg
170 KB, 1000x750
>>29234122
Well shit Crosman was the exact one I used to have. It might still be in a box somewhere.
>>
>>29234135
That's the same design they still make

They are pretty cheap and I've heard good things, don't have one though.
>>
crosman 2250

cheap as chips
good for small projects,easy as fuck to maintain and upgrade, they can be pimped out and customised to look really cool and can be powered-up too - again for a pretty low price
they also do a "shotgun" conversion kit, although they can be a little hard to find
you should youtube the 2250 ratcatcher /ratty mate, theres heaps of diy and how to vids
>>
>>29234112

Yes to the $150, but higher up, benjamin can't hold a candle to european air rifles (and yes, that includes the .357 bulldog - daystate does it better, and high powered air rifles that only get 3 shots per tank are mostly a gimmick anyway).
>>
>>29233815
>>>/toy/
>>
Yes, I got one and had lots of fun when I was younger.
It got fairly decent muzzle velocity for that price, and I remember sitting on the pier shooting at seagulls from 50-100m with the scope
Killed and hit nothing though, intentionally

I miss doing this

Just note that the breach could suffer from chinese engineering and snap off your fingers while you load it
Reason I haven't used it in many years is because the trigger spring broke andvI haven't bothered replacing it
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.