[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grouping Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7
File: targets.jpg (318 KB, 2100x816) Image search: [Google]
targets.jpg
318 KB, 2100x816
Welp, new sights didn't help.
Also made a point to really focus on not heeling.
>>
>>29229472
After a couple mags, switched out barrel but maybe ammo type too, can't recall.

Will experiment with ammo variety on next trip.
>>
Just adjust your sights to the right you pleb
>>
File: move.png (14 KB, 674x730) Image search: [Google]
move.png
14 KB, 674x730
>>29229581
Should I tell the gunsmith to move it 0.0257" to the right?
Does the math look correct?
>>
Quit curling your god damn finger. You're pulling, not pressing the trigger. Press WITH the pad or joint. When you pull, you hug the left side of of the trigger face and pull everything left. Front sight focus and press the trigger straight to the rear
>>
>>29230281
Thank you for the feedback but I'm left handed sensei.
>>
>>29230229
>gunsmith

Use a brass punch and a hammer you faggot
>>
>>29230281
I need to try this
>>
>>29230645
How would you measure to the thousandths of an inch with a brass punch?
>>
File: trigger-263-full.jpg (117 KB, 960x910) Image search: [Google]
trigger-263-full.jpg
117 KB, 960x910
>>29229472

you need to work on how you pull the trigger with your finge
>>
>>29230569
>>29231011
then this in reverse
>>
>>29231011
I used to think what that picture says.
Then Pat Macnamara said this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8JX2hZR_6g
and I asked on /k/, "How far in you put finger?"
/k/ said doesn't matter.

Okay, so I practiced some trigger pulls on my different weapons and on some of them, the small revolver for example, I now put more of my finger in the trigger guard and get better results.
So dry fired several times with different depths and went with the one that seemed to give the most stable picture when squeezing.
>>
>>29230956
dude Jesus christ, your grouping is pretty damn good and your rear sight needs to be adjusted just slightly you don't have to measure it down to thousands of an inch, there is way more variation in ballistics and the movements in your hand to get that precise. Just draw a line with a fine marker On the sight and the gun to use as a guide and the gun and just use the punch to tap it slightly to the left. Then your good
>>
File: sing your song.jpg (117 KB, 906x1024) Image search: [Google]
sing your song.jpg
117 KB, 906x1024
>>29231084
Well I got my calipers out and the sight is sitting .011" inches closer to the left side of the slide.
If my math is right, then putting it to that level of error towards the right side should put POI where it needs to be. I'm not too sure about using the punch though. Sights do have a set screw in the dovetail. Think I'll be more comfortable taking it back to the LGS that installed it. Let them think I'm an autistic man child. It's okay, they're pretty nice people.
>>
Try doing this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--LkpqK6jhM
>>
>>29231067
This.
I think it really depends on the relative size of your hands to the grip.
I have small hands and used to consistently shoot to the left; for the longest time I thought I was flinching, but adjusting the finger position fixed it.
>>
File: 7.png (411 KB, 587x563) Image search: [Google]
7.png
411 KB, 587x563
steel shit
>>
File: targets.jpg (494 KB, 1590x1680) Image search: [Google]
targets.jpg
494 KB, 1590x1680
Got it figured out, or close enough.
Still about 3/8" to the left at 21' but at least they're mostly in the green.
>>
>>29235935
>still 3/8ths to left
Get good faggot.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.