[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what kinds of guns and EDC setups would a police detective have?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: looney tunes gif.gif (4 MB, 400x291) Image search: [Google]
looney tunes gif.gif
4 MB, 400x291
what kinds of guns and EDC setups would a police detective have?
any LEOs here feel free to contribute
>>
File: 48.jpg (268 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
48.jpg
268 KB, 2000x1000
just watch this show
>>
File: smith 5906.jpg (446 KB, 700x1250) Image search: [Google]
smith 5906.jpg
446 KB, 700x1250
>>29216391
>watching this one night
>one of the detectives has a classic smith wonder nine
>>
>>29216354
mostly what ever patrol would carry, maybe a compact over a duty sized for comfort. cuffs, a radio they keep in their car and maybe a tiny flashlight
>>
>>29216354
Good family friend is a homicide detective.
>Glock 30SF
>2 spare 10 round mags
>Cuffs
>Benchmade folder (idk what model)
>iPhone
Pretty standard for an LEO desu
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 450x300
Knife for testing bag of cocainum.
>>
>>29217635
> news flash : a detective of the somethingPD is actually hospitalized after licking a white powder he found in a bag. it appear that the substance was in fact anthrax
>>
>>29217625
any stories you want to share?
>>
>>29217664
Ii could see this being a joke on the naked gun series
>>
>>29217686
Well, this one time him and his partner were chasing some skinhead biker and it was getting a little out of hand. He tells his partner to pull up alongside the biker and he flung his door open in front of the guy. Biker brakes hard, falls off. The guy wasn't hurt too badly surprisingly. They search the dude and they find a fucking artillery luger on the guy. Was in pretty good shape too. It's probably sitting in am evidence locker somewhere.
I have a few others if there's any interest.
>>
>>29216354
copfag but not a detective yet. I know some guys who are though
narcs and gangs tend to bring a little more firepower. full sized service side arms, extra mags, extended mags, flashlights/laser attachments, cameras, vests a long gun in their car. They say they have more of a chance of running into shit because its gang bangers, and drug dealers

Homicide, missing persons, CAC which works as out sex crimes unit most of the time, tend to be a little more casual. Regular sidearm, back up gun, maybe a vest in the trunk with a shotgun that gets used every few months.
>>
File: fuck.png (124 KB, 554x354) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
124 KB, 554x354
>>29217748
>artillery luger sitting forever in an evidence room
Im not sure if I want to hear more
>>
>>29217748
how often does stuff like that happen. every criminology or forensics class ive taken had a former LEO in it and they say all that stuff is for tv. Is there some unwritten rule that shit actually goes down like that?
>>
>>29217796
Every now and then some tv shit will happen, I actually have a story about my dad that fits.
>be Mi Padre
>be mid-1990s
>just lock up some tweaker, he put up a fight and me and my partner detained him
>have him in holding cell while I fill out some paperwork
>tweaker starts talking mad shut
>"If you didn't have these cuffs on me and that gun I'd beat the shit out of you you fucking pig."
>Dad ignores it. Dad is a patient man.
>Shit talking goes on for another hour
>Dad has lost his patients.
>Glock 17 goes in the locker
>unlocks cell, locks himself in
>throws tweaker the cuff keys
>they throw down, dad beats the ever living shit out of him.
>my dad asks the tweaker, now on the ground "we gonna do that again?"
>"N-no..."
>"Good."
>finishes paperwork
>goes home
>has dinner
>Fucks my mom
>>
Same fag from>>29217883 also
Same guy, as in >>29217748
I have a few stories like this if anyone cares.
>>
>>29217883

Things that didn't happen, the post.
>>
some older guy in my department still uses a .38 revolver. He got special permission to do so and doesn't really leave the station anymore so we let him do his thing
I think its a colt detective special. cant say im not a little jealous
>>
>>29217937
not asking you to believe me familia, this is an anonymous Mongolian throat-singing board. I don't blame you.
>>
I had to be interview by a homicide detective in high school, but im sure you guys don't want to hear that story. Naturally being 15 and liking guns I spent a lot of time staring at theirs, to the point where they even asked me about if. If I knew guns, if I liked guns, did it look like the kind that was used
Oone detective had a should holster, couldn't get a good look at it other than it was black. I want to say glock because his partner has a glock in a OWB holster, but looking back it could have been a lot of different things. I think hey only carried the one gun and just dressed in suits. They bought me take out and we watched hockey, cool dudes
>>
>>29218201
Your parents didn't get murdered walking out of the backdoor of the Opera did they?
>>
>>29218277
no, we're too poor and straight for the opera
>>
File: 1457048499234.jpg (114 KB, 821x667) Image search: [Google]
1457048499234.jpg
114 KB, 821x667
>>29218410

Fuck you. I hadn't noticed that til now....

....only my boyfriend will go to the opera with me...or cook for me, rubs my feet....laughs at every joke...women are fucking tools!
>>
>>29216451
Had one of these as a graduation present. Fucking dad traded it for a 22 ar. Bastard.
>>
File: glock 19.jpg (126 KB, 800x520) Image search: [Google]
glock 19.jpg
126 KB, 800x520
>>29216354
social worker soon to be police here, every detective ive seen used a glock or M&P compact. No fuss and not that big compared to a full sized glock 17 and the like, but im sure some use it. Actually ive seen one guy with a 92fs but that was about it. Im in CA and I know LAPD doesn't let its patrol use compacts but detectives can
>>
>>29218520
there are plenty of them to be bought bro, pick yourself up 1 or 4
>>
>>29216451

I have a cucked 5946 SW with a 12lb DAO trigger for on duty and a 3914 SW with a 12lb DAO for off duty.
>>
>>29218570
NYC?
>>
>>29218570

Yeah It's terrible.
>>
>>29218516
So why were you talking to detectives when you were 15 Mr. Turdpusher? This bread is going nowhere fast anyway.
>>
>>29216451
I really like this gun, but if I bought one I'd have to replace the grips. They seem ugly to me for some reason.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.