[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone want to explain to me, what's the point of having
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
Someone want to explain to me, what's the point of having the box bit around the barrel?
>>
>>29204925
so you don't touch the extremely hot barrel with your hands and get burnt?
>>
PPsH barrels contain between 900 and a thousand miniature explosions per minute, and those explosions cause intense heat that builds up. The "box bit" is to distance your soft little hand from the very hot barrel.
>>
>>29204925

heat shroud
>>
Barrel shrouds motherfucker, what are they even good for?

How can I cook bacon on my barrel if I use one??

Fucking commie bullcrap barrel shrouds.
>>
>>29204925
noguns confirmed
>>
>>29204925
Heat shroud. And the bit at the muzzle end works as a crude compensator.
>>
It's the shoulder thing that goes up part
>>
>>29204925
The cutouts tactically remove the poop from your asshole after taking a dump.
Slavboos squat over the rifle and scoot like the dogs that they are, until most of the poop is removed.

It's a feature.
>>
File: image.png (73 KB, 594x474) Image search: [Google]
image.png
73 KB, 594x474
>>29204993
>it's a feature
I laffed
>>
You can wrap your dick around it if you dont have a sling
>>
It's a shoulder thing that goes up
>>
>>29204925
Heat up your stovetop then touch it. That's why.
>>
>>29204925
it makes the gun capable of killing babies
>>
It gives more thurst per trigger pull
>>
>>29204925

So dumb, illiterate conscripts don't burn their hand on the barrel while trying to find a good spot on the weapon to grab for support.

Also, because it looks awesome.
>>
>>29204925

Because they call that fucker a Burp Gun for a reason
>>
>>29204973
It makes it so that more of the bacon gets cooked, and it also gives an area for the white hot blazing fat to go and drip away.

It cooks better anon. The commies were evil, but the design of the PPSh isn't.
>>
File: Shooting a KG-9.webm (2 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
Shooting a KG-9.webm
2 MB, 853x480
>>29204925
> what's the point of having the box bit around the barrel?
you mean the shoulder thing that goes up?
well, it makes it an highly dangerous assault weapon of course!
>>
>>29204925
Cheapest handgaurd that could be made
>>
>>29209280
Dylan Klebold pls leave
>>
>>29209280
>dat horrible trigger technique

Anyways, open bolt guns are so strange to me. I mean, I 100% understand how they work, but firing from an open bolt is so counter intuitive.

>bolt locked back means the gun is ready to shoot
>bolt locked forward means it's safe

Not to mention debris getting into the open bolt in a real world scenario.
>>
>>29206306

I thought that was the shoulder thing that goes up
>>
>>29209349
>>bolt locked forward means it's safe
If the bolt is locked forward that means a round can't go off. It's literally impossible to "chamber" a round.
>>
>>29204925
It's a barrel shroud...you know, the shoulder thing that goes up.
>>
>>29209349
Open bolts are mostly for (s)MGs. It's so a round won't cook off in between bursts while shooting many boolit.
>>
>>29209519
Not him, but thanks, I'd never thought of it that way before.
>>
>>29204925
looks like heat dissipation
>>
>>29209349
Along with preventing a cook off, the extra opening allows for better air flow and cooling between bursts and use. Virtually useless in a semi-auto, but it's neat. The Swiss even experimented with an open bolt semi auto late into the development game. It was a bit of a pointless turd, but it gave Ian something neat to talk about.
>>
>>29209444
>If the bolt is locked forward that means a round can't go off. It's literally impossible to "chamber" a round.
I know, which is exactly what I wrote. It's just strange and counter-intuitive to what I'm used to.

>>29209519
>>29209726
I'm aware, which is why machine guns are open bolt. Because I've never had access to select fires weapons, I've never had the chance to shoot an open bolt gun which is why I said they seem strange to me even though I understand how and why they work.
>>
>>29209857
So what's strange about them? It's not like it's a wide spread feature among anything but former machine gun designs, and it's a banned function now anyways.
>>
>>29209857
Ease of manufacture anon, literally the entire point of using an open bolt gun.

Your debris argument is also negated by shit like telescoping bolts.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.