[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /k/ Just bought this Millennium G2 today. Paid $199, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
Sup /k/

Just bought this Millennium G2 today. Paid $199, and the shop threw in a box of 50 rounds for free.

How'd I do?
>>
I'd say pretty damn good for a poorfag
>>
>>29202449

Poorfag? Or professional haggler?
>>
>>29202532
definitely poorfag. anyone with money would go for a better tier manufacturer.
>>
>>29202532
>professional haggler

nigga those guns were selling for $199 when they were new because Taurus wouldn't have sold any otherwise
>>
>>29202532
Seems like the going rate so at least the shop didn't fuck you. Tell us how may rounds it takes before breaks. My guess is 200.
>>
>>29202549

That's your preference. Nothing wrong with Taurus. Had the first gen PT111 and passed it between myself and my brothers for a few years. Over 1000 rounds through it with only a few failure's to feed. Nothing else. If anything, the Millennium line is decent.
>>
I picked up one of these a while back and really like it. It is a great size for carry, holds 12+1 of 9mm, and you can shoot it well with practice. During the winter I carry a Sig P229 or H&K P2000. During the summer I carry the PT111 G2.

The quality may not be as high as a Glock or a Sig, but it is a decent pistol. Go run some rounds through it until you feel confident enough to carry it.
>>
/k/, I'm seeing some mixed opinions here about this pistol. Is it reliable enough to carry? I'm looking for a cheap, concealable pistol for carry purposes. I really don't want to spend too much because if I have to use it, I'll probably never see it again. I realize that, in the $200~ price range, you're going to get shit like Lel-Kek.

What is a good, cheap concealable pistol? The G2? The LCP? Any takers? Pref. something between $200-250
>>
What's the deal with Taurus? Why do they get so much hate?

I always see people bashing them in threads but with no explanation. Do they break? Is if because they're from a 3rd world country? So is canik and iwi and everyone loves them.
>>
>>29204336
Brazillian here, Taurus sucks and supports gun control in Brazil in exchange for getting contracts to arm the police with their shit guns. Shit guns that fire when shaked even with the safety on, and have caused the deaths of many cops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9_YWNo1f-o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5F_rGLMfUQ

And I could go on and on with more failures.
>>
You poor bastard
>>
>>29202697
>"OVER a thousand rounds guys that's so much!"
>"Only a FEW failures that's so acceptable!"

Jesus Christ Taurus owners are worse than normal poorfags.
>>
>>29202532
You haggled 10 dollars (50 rounds of 9mm). Congratulations Gecko.
>>
>>29202532
I got mine for 200 burgers too anon. That was less than 6 months ago. I've put 500 rounds through it. I don't like it.
>>
The G2 is reliable and fits extremely well in my hand.
Sadly the trigger is shit, but for 200$ I can't complain.
>>
>>29202549
i carried the pt145 for years, then moved over to the pt111 g2 when it came out. they are really not that bad but i dont like the stipling on the grip.
>>
>>29204188
pt111g2 is a direct competitor for the glock 26 at half the price.
>>
>>29204646
A. that firing pin system has been recalled, and replaced. it is a different system than the g2's have.

B. i wouldnt trust brazilians with a sharp stick.
>>
>>29205295
guns fail. shit happens. they are machines made by humans. one number is off and it screws the whole system.
>>
My millennium pro was so bad that I sold it for $100 and added Taurus to my shit list forever. With that background in mind, I say you did poorly, because you spent money on a Taurus that literally could have gone towards a million other, better, purchasing decisions.
>>
>>29207231
Was it a G1 or a G2?
>>
>>29207244
Gen 1 probably. Failed to get through a single magazine without a jam, and to be fair, I consider my Glock 42 to be a bad purchasing decision at this point as well because it jams too much. I've yet to find a reliable round (granted I haven't done too much testing at this point) for the gun, although if I hold it EXTREMELY firm (Arms completly locked straight, hyperextended and shit, with a vise grip) it tends to cycle fine. I don't like that though because it's supposed to be my carry gun, and if I have to use it I'm not always going to be in a position to hold it extremely firmly. The point is that even good companies make shitty products, but with Taurus, the lemons seem to be a regularity.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.