[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do combat medics try to recover severed limbs for reattachment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 16785328.gif (2 MB, 540x228) Image search: [Google]
16785328.gif
2 MB, 540x228
Do combat medics try to recover severed limbs for reattachment during war or are field conditions usually too poor to get the part back intact without too much cell damage (dirt/lack of ice/etc)?
>>
>>29197810
No, because it is never a clean cut and blasted off limbs cannot be reattached.
>>
>>29197946
>blasted off limbs cannot be reattached.

Is it that the attachment will usually be much shorter than a clean cut due to the blast or does the explosion actually fuck over cells in the limb since it usually closer to the force?
>>
>>29198184
Yes, both.
>>
>>29198184

Putting limbs back on people is tough when they get immediate medical attention at an actual hospital.

I know that ani-GAY rots your brains but come the fuck on
>>
Prosthesis are good enough now, that they are better than reattached mangled limbs, most of the time.

You can even get a robotic arm that is though controlled and can communication complex touch sensations to your brain.
>>
https://desustorage.org/k/thread/29177209/
>>
>>29197810
No. It's just keeping people alive long enough to get them out of there.
>>
>>29198216
>ani-GAY

You sure told him anon
>>
>>29198266
Problem is, the government is too busy blowing the money for those limbs on trivial things, like trying to determine wether or not icebergs are sexist...
>>
Are you the same retard that keeps making the helicopter helmet threads?
>>
Anybody have caps of that scene where he rubbed Kisshot's head and it made a hella weird noise?
>>
>>29199034
IMHO gay-nime would have been better
>>
File: notroy610.jpg (38 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
notroy610.jpg
38 KB, 610x343
>you're going to extract him
>>
>>29200765
>him?
>>
>>29197810

You need a clean cut to have any chance at reattaching a limb. In combat severed limbs are generally blown off by explosives which shred the limb to bits.
>>
File: 1456475468795.jpg (248 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
1456475468795.jpg
248 KB, 1600x1600
>>29200692
Please tell me that's fake.
I don't want to live in a state that is this goddamned stupid.
>>
>>29200765
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KckCsw_JyJI

>DON'T YOU DIE ON ME, DAMMIT
>>
>>29202954
I don't know. It's from The Daily Caller.
>>
We mostly just pick them up because its unprofessional to leave them lying around.

When our SSGT blew up we got him attended to and loaded up on the bird, and, idk. Just felt wrong to leave his legs in some hajis front yard.

Plus I guess they can study stuff like that to learn about blast damage and how good PPE actually is.

For instance, he had dog tags on his boot, upon review of the injuries they were found lodged in his blast daiper, additionally he had 3rd degree burns that stopped in a clean line where his fire retardant underwear started. So it proved that the blast daipers do protect you from stuff like that, and also that clipping stuff to your boots creates shrapnel and that is a better idea to keep your extra dog tags in your back pocket.

They learned all this from looking at blown up bits n pieces and interviewing us after the incident.

(Guy lived btw, this war has advanced blast trauma treatment by a pretty large margin, losing a limb used to be a big death sentence until tourniquettes became standard carry, tourniquettes have advanced too because of post blast evaluations like this)
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.