[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cadets/Scouts/Militarized Kids Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: war mom.jpg (80 KB, 736x507) Image search: [Google]
war mom.jpg
80 KB, 736x507
Just saw this Vice doc on the UK cadets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYTsYq37Dtk&ebc=ANyPxKp1RlMi6eTh6oJvYmkEhPmBwxuIsG-18S4l9_CfGBzvrOqqaLN_9Yb_Pf55aO8q46kuySMtPPF0IiwaauXmTu4V0wXepw

Once upon a time I was a Canadian Army Cadet and all we ever did was Drill and survival skills, we were just glorified scouts with uniforms and parades.

As a kid it would have been cool as shit to handle live firearms and do patrols and section attacks... but looking at this made me feel really uncomfortable as an adult. I can sorta see now why the Department of National Defense always treated us like a dirty secret, constantly weary of the child soldier comparison.

Am I being unreasonable? I mean what a guy does with his kids on their property is none of my business but a government program that gives stupid little faggots guns and teaches actual army skills seems to be asking for a disaster.

Do any other youth organizations act this way? Are the American Scouts this militarized?
>>
>>29193356
>Canadian Army Cadet
Why do a lot of kids in cadet pretend like it's the "real" army?
>>
>>29193369
we were a bunch of bored little cunts going through a phase
>>
>>29193356
Don't be a fucking pussy, as lomng as they aren't trying to teach them that they need to martyr themselves for the cause they are fine

>UK
>Canadians

Pathetic
>>
BSA militarized? No, its devolved into a day care system now really. Sure there are many scouts who could handle unsupervised outdoor activities like, pioneering, trapping, scouting. But the majority of scouting has just turned into participation awards.
>>
>>29193388
Boy scouts is becoming girl scout tier
>>
>>29193356
Looks to me like they intentionally filmed the smaller kids to make everyone look younger. I have a brit friend who was in the UK cadets a bunch of years ago and his group looked way older.
>>
I was a Canadian air cadet, and although I'm sure we had our differences, being air and army cadets, it seemed like it was the same for us with how it was basically watered down. I mean, I know it is supposed to be watered down but still, it went overboard. We couldn't play games that had "war-like" comparisons. Like capture the flag, things with military style objectives, was banned. We did shoot some rifles, can't remember what they were, that were ww2 or something issued rifles that had been modified to shoot pellets. Fairly high powered for air guns as well. But even then. That's not a real firearm in functionality, and we didn't so it often. Cadets has great potential, and I definetly value a lot of my time there. It just needs an overhaul. When I was in, it was basically daycare for the first 3 years until you got to be a seargent, or maybe if when you became a flight corporal you also were assigned to be flight deputy. The one real advantage that air cadets has tthiugh is that you can get a private pilots license through it for free. You need to go to a camp for summer but that is worth it to many people.
>>
>>29193404
I've seen Girl scouts be less wusses than Boy scouts.
>>
File: 1454384245060.png (103 KB, 500x627) Image search: [Google]
1454384245060.png
103 KB, 500x627
>>29193356
I don't get it this send fantastic. This seems like a fantastic way to train elite forces from a young age. We (Americans) should do this with all of those immigrant kids we're stuck with. Imagine it, professional, fiercely dedicated, highly trained and loyal shock troops for the American military. They'll be like Storm Troopers but with better aim.
>>
>>29194764
that sound like a one way ticket to a Janissary Uprising.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auspicious_Incident
>>
>>29194764
Never go full militant, something like the boyscouts is ideal. It doesn't train the kids to be super soldiers , it just trains them to be valuable and responsible members of the group

Not that it always works, but still
>>
>>29194800
>>29194845
I don't know guys it could be fuuun.
>>
>>29193369
Because they tend to parade at the local armories where reserve units are based, or at actual bases during the summer. Also they are technically part of the CF, but not enough to be considered a fighting force.
>>
I was in the cadets. We did alot of marching, map reading, team building excercises, fieldcraft and shooting. Had this strange bolt action version of the L85 which was made purely for the cadets.

It didn't happen too often but when we got to stage section attacks with blanks and smoke grenades it was really cool.

Had RE come do bridge building and mine detecting demonstrations. Got to watch MLRA and AS90's fire at close range.

I think it's main benefit is giving kids a bit of confidence and social skills. Where possible training was done by other kids who has been in longer (supervised by adults). There was a 'star' system which you had to do a test for which measured your skillet and you had to get certain stars before you could be promoted.
>>
>>29196261
*skill set
>>
>>29193356
>Are the American Scouts this militarized?

I never even saw a gun when I was a scout (90's), but apparently some troops do target shooting with .22's.
>>
>>29194845
Cadets is baiscly millitary style scouts. There is no expectation by anyone that these kids should actually perform a millitary role, though it is used as a recruitment tool.

You can join the army at 16 in the uk and I heard somewhere that about a third of recruits where in the cadets before hand
>>
My college used to be militarized but then the Civil War happened. We used to have hazing but then the helicopter parents and liberals got involved.

We still have ROTC that is offered in all branches and the classes are mandatory. Oh not going to confirm or deny that hazing is still a thing but thank God old habits die hard.
>>
>>29193356
The British forces sponsors the cadets but they are in no way members of the Armed Forces, it really is just a way of keeping bored kids off the streets.
>>
>>29193404
>becoming
Ex Boy Scout here, it already is and has been for some time.
It's just the rule as opposed to the exception now (my nephew did scouts and I went with him to see how things have changed. They fucking suck)
>>
>>29193388
This I made it to eagle scout its basically a day care for kids with behavioral problems and who are borderline retarded. Yes, it does vary from troop to troop but In may of the ones I have seen they end up doing pussy shit. Noting of value ever gets done.

Would I recommend it... Yea sure, I got my Eagle Scout thing and it opens up a lot of doors and I have learned a thing or two. But it's been going down hill.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.