[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OFFICE/WORKPLACE SCENARIO i work in an office building with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: s-l300.jpg (13 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
13 KB, 300x225
OFFICE/WORKPLACE SCENARIO

i work in an office building with about 100-200 employees at any given time. there is a high turnover rate. we have had issues with disgruntled employees before.

what would be the best course of action in the event of an active shooter? there's not many places to hide, as all the office walls are glass windows and the actual office is a large room with low cubicles.

there are 2 main entrances that are id badge entries, but most people disregard the security policies and just let people in or leave the doors ajar. there's also 2 fire exits on the floor.

should we throw fire extinguishers and make loud noises like all the gun free zone posters suggest, or is there a better way to neutralize the threat?

>i carry pic related at all times since its a dark parking lot and i get off work late
>>
>>29193336
Carry a gun.
>>
>>29193353
i don't have a concealed carry permit. i guess i could put it in my backpack or something?
>>
>>29193364

Use gun or have gun in your desk or something, nigger.

Just shoot back when they start shooting.

Also talk about that scenario concern with superiors or the fucking security
>>
>>29193376
like i said, security is a joke here. cars get broken in to, door protocols are ignored, no security cameras
>>
>>29193353
Primarily this.

Aldo depends on how much of a vagina you are. If you truly care about stopping an active shooter and you're still waiting on your CCW, just start picking up random and kinda heavy shit, throw them at the shooter, aim for the head to disoriente them, close ground, and stab the in the jugular, for the femoral arter with a pen or more preferably a good SHARP knife at least three inches long. Their heart rate should already be skyrocketing from everything else going on. With a femoral artery hemorrhaging, it'll take 10-30seconds depending on their health before they pass out. Dead in less than 2min.
>>
>>29193400
stab them in the neck, i can do that. like i said i carry that knife daily just in case, but am kind of weary about literally bringing a knife to a gun fight
>>
>>29193400
To add to this. If you absolutely can't keep a gun around consider carrying a blackjack or sap if legal. While a good knife strike will kill them after a couple of seconds a well connected blow to the head with a blackjack will drop them immediately and striking their arm, hand or shoulder with one could very well take them out of the fight right then and there.
>>
>>29193336
Be a man and carry. You have no excuse, even the lankiest of skeletons can conceal at least a .380

Fire extinguishers can be useful if they're the kind that make a fog. You can use it to make a smokescreen. But throwing them? Lol imagine that, realize how one sided it would be unless in the off chance you really got the drop on him. Your have to even the odds, and that requires the right equipment ahead of time.
>>
>>29193450
like i've said, i have one, i just don't have the permit yet. i recently moved to this state, my old state doesn't transfer. i should have gotten that utah one that has like 38 state reciprocity
>>
Send it up to your superiors that you no longer feel safe with the LAX security policies, talk to fellow employees. Demand better.
>>
>>29193593
we don't even have security. we have a few janitors that look like they've seen some shit, but that's about it. the site director and hr dept have the most secure offices, and i've rarely seen them
>>
Make a Fire exit plan,
Run fire drill quarterly
Make sure everyone knows where to go.
On the day of a shooting
Hit the fire alarm
Run out the back door

Optionally
>some of yall are cool, run out the back door with me , lols
>>
RUN. HIDE. FIGHT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VcSwejU2D0
>>
>>29193364
depending on which state you live in you don't need a CC if your in your own place of business
>>
>>29193336
Watch the move die hard

and emulate bruce willis
>>
>>29194086
best advice from the best Christmas movie
>>
>>29193376
This. You start by making your concerns known. Bring it up to management, and security. Do it by e-mail, or memo. If you have to do it face to face, keep notes of the day/time, who you spoke with and what was said. Then follow up with an e-mail to confirm your understanding of the conversation. The point behind all of this is to build a paper trail showing that you have valid security concerns. The deeper and longer the trail is, the better.

Then get a ccw and start discreetly carrying. If you ever do have to shoot somebody, your paper trail will help you survive the ensuing shitstorm. You'll get fired, but you might have enough documentation to force a settlement out of your employer.

If you can't or won't CC at work, be very aware of where all of the fire extinguishers are. Somebody comes in and starts shooting, you use extinguishers as a smokescreen to cover your escape. Dry chemical agent makes a good thick cloud that takes a while to settle. Aim at the ceiling midway between you and the shooter. Try not to obscure your paths to the exits. Which brings up the next point: know where the exits are and how to get to them in reduced visibility.

The goal is to get out alive. Nothing more.
>>
>>29194861
What would be the worst consequence of carrying illegally in your state? Consider that... What would happen if a shooter got into your office? 3-10 murders? More? Also folder is good, but maybe carry a HUGE fixed-blade knife "for camping". Secure your backpack in a locking drawer >>29194861
to make sure you are not discovered.
>>
>>29195652
i'm in NC, i don't know what the laws are about illegal carry. i feel naked without my gun though. and the casualties would be massive, my offices have hundreds of people in a large room

and not to get all /pol/, but it's majority black/ghetto in this building
>>
>>29193336
Don't hire insane people.
>>
>>29196445
Kind of like black bears in the woods. They're more afraid of you then you are of them.
>>
>>29196488
its definitely a new experience for me
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.