[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Middle East Thread "PALMYRA CALLING"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 81
File: pALMY.jpg (128 KB, 576x960) Image search: [Google]
pALMY.jpg
128 KB, 576x960
The mujahideen after capturing Al EAss Hill and its surrounding retreated to prevent heavy losses due to violent airstrikes.
>>
File: BarelBOMBE.png (571 KB, 540x767) Image search: [Google]
BarelBOMBE.png
571 KB, 540x767
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh7k-W7Z0WE
>>
File: jews201+6.jpg (55 KB, 600x520) Image search: [Google]
jews201+6.jpg
55 KB, 600x520
Yesterday, Coalition jets dropped leaflets on IS held Albo Kamel in DeirEzzor promoting the "New Syrian Army".
>>
File: something something.png (166 KB, 515x511) Image search: [Google]
something something.png
166 KB, 515x511
>>29192926
This should be the said leaflets, I couldn't find a better image.
>>
>>29192713
Sauce for pic?
>>
File: 1325210986188.png (89 KB, 206x200) Image search: [Google]
1325210986188.png
89 KB, 206x200
>>29193289
>not knowing who Yulia Nova is
>mfw
>>
File: 1276194096552.jpg (29 KB, 356x301) Image search: [Google]
1276194096552.jpg
29 KB, 356x301
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQyXtuSbvMM
>>
The today early reports:

- Its seems the Rebels have really been repulsed from Al Eis and other points around the town, in south Aleppo. It also seems that in reality they never did captured the entire town, and only the a small part of it.

- The Rebels started a new series of attacks against ISIS positions in North Aleppo, they claim the capture of Dudiyan and al-Tawaqli.

-Heavy Russian shelling on Abu al Dohur and Jisr al-Shughur, Idlib Governorate.

- The YPG/SDF "Cudi&Elin" offensive is still ongoing, various villages and farms are listed as captured by the SDF.

- Various clashes around Homs; few skirmish between the SAA and ISIS near Palmyra, as is said by some sources that the SAA is still massing troops to start the real big attack against the city. The SAA is claiming the capture of some points near the west entrance of Quraytayn, while also claiming the capture of some hilltops in the south of the city, inside the Al-Mahsaa moutain chain. And in the Qalamoun Mountains, SAA claims the capture of Thaniyah Wall and Talat Qabr ‘Antar from ISIS, while around the same area ISIS is also being assaulted by FSA forces.
>>
>>29193307

In defense of >>29193289, I too knew the tits far before I knew the name behind them.
>>
>>29193315
nailed it
>>
>>29193201
Anybody know how to read this sandscribble?
>>
File: yourfile.jpg (30 KB, 640x396) Image search: [Google]
yourfile.jpg
30 KB, 640x396
>>29192689
>On Saturday 5 March, four Typhoons joined other coalition aircraft in a large coordinated operation against terrorist locations in western Iraq. The RAF aircraft targeted a large Daesh weapons factory in the countryside near Qubaysah, some miles west of Ramadi. The Typhoons released a total of 16 Paveways, which completely demolished workshops and storage sheds. The following day, a Typhoon mission returned to northern Iraq and assisted Kurdish forces south-west of Sinjar, who had come under fire from a terrorist heavy machine-gun team. A Paveway IV destroyed the target.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWQgK1aAldQ
>>
>>29193366
Only the western reaches of Al Eis.
But if it wasn't for the russian bombs falling like crazy, they would have taken the whole town for sure.

Shelling on Al- Duhur? For what purpose? it's in the middle of rebel territory. Does Russia intend on destroyig the aribase, or softening the area for a future SAA advance?

Regarding the kurds, I think they're advances have been over hyped by the media and kurd sources. They're advancing, but slow, after securing the highway south of Tal Abyad and reachin the outskirts of Deyr-ez-Zor.
>>
>>29194035
As far as SDF/YPG advances in Deir Ezzor and nearby Raqqa IS just put out a general call to arms to mobilize more fighters. IS is concerned and they should be. They have had no answers for YPG/SDF advances. They never have been able to stop them before. Now the YPG is at their doorstep with US air power backing them(and probably US SF)
>>29193366
Yes I saw JAN withdraw last night as I was going to bed. Their expedition didn't last long. The front has reset itself back to it's old lines , I wonder if the Shia allies will respond.

There are Latakia/Deir Ezzor/ Sheikh Maqsoud exchanges and some back and forth between the FSA and IS in northern Aleppo today.
>>
File: 5220.jpg (61 KB, 704x484) Image search: [Google]
5220.jpg
61 KB, 704x484
A Libyan rebel brandishes a SA-7 model shoulder-fired anti-aircraft weapon in the oil town of Ras Lanouf, in eastern Libya.

http://europe.newsweek.com/isis-has-acquired-qaddafi-deadly-missiles-434186?rm=eu
>>
http://news.trust.org/item/20160308123237-kq6w8

Quick note on Yemen: Houthis are in peace talks/prisoner swaps with the Saudis over Yemen. Maybe that's why Yemen has been so quiet recently.

I guess any peace deal would be Houthis withdraw from Sanaa in exchange for most of northern Yemen. I doubt the Houthis give a shit over what happens to former president Saleh who is allied with them.
>>
File: Muh.jpg (61 KB, 628x611) Image search: [Google]
Muh.jpg
61 KB, 628x611
>>
>>29194586
PMC/ Mercenary Yemen news: DynCorp PMCs has arrived in Aden to replace Academi as Academi(blackwater) lost the contract after taking heavy loses in Yemen last year. The UAE has a 3 billion dollar contract with DynCorp for security in Yemen.

http://www.albawaba.com/news/new-american-private-military-contractors-arrive-yemen-814106
>>
File: DajPicu.jpg (65 KB, 845x626) Image search: [Google]
DajPicu.jpg
65 KB, 845x626
>>29194647

>Losers
>>
>>29194035
I must agree with you, Anon; I also think that the YPG/SDF current offensive is starting to show less results, in contrast with their first days. But this is probably normal, as in the first days they crossed great strips of land that are mostly desert plans with little villages. But like Five Stars said, ISIS nevertheless is losing territory that they will probably not take back, and they seem to dont know what to do with the situation.

Other think I find interesting is the Rebels/FSA in north Aleppo against ISIS. Just one or two days after the Rebels receive some 40 ISIS defectors, they started again to attack ISIS positions. Those ISIS defectors probably got a word that their positions are in no shape to hold anything after the recent defeats and losses that ISIS suffer in Aleppo, and so the Rebels decided to take their chances. This could explain why ISIS didnt used the chance, when the YPG was fighting the Rebels in north Aleppo, to attack the Azaz pocket.

I really love those Houthis; they are a bunch of mountaineers arab rednecks, using small arms, dressing half uniforms and generally with only sandals when not barefooted, but they still give trouble to a expansive, heavily equipped conventional army and a bunch of retired veterans playing of mercenary.

They are the personification of a middle finger to any gear queer.
>>
>>29195045
The comments regarding the Houthis in this post was meant to >>29194586

Anyway, I will be out now, just gonna let those two videos of the SAA/Shitte militias on Eis hills:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pPURRmBEnw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbfUO-4ZlYs
>>
>>29194647

t. Press TV
>>
>>29192689
Russia has frozen the delivery of S-300 missiles to Iran after discovering that Iran had given SA-22 and P800's to Hezbollah. The info came from both Russian pilots flying over Lebanon and Israeli intelligence reports.

http://thediplomat.com/2016/03/has-putin-just-killed-the-iran-russia-air-defense-missile-deal/
>>
>>29194588
Justjihadithings
>>
>>29195192
Yes press TV isn't a great source, DynCorp probably is sending nothing but expensive security guards out to the port. It isn't a big deal.

The way they worded it made it sound like DynCorp personal are going to the frontlines which is bullshit but an interesting fact that they are in Yemen anyway.

Breaking from CNN
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/707277333955215361
Omar the Chechen ,a top military commader in IS may have been killed in a US airstrike.
>>
>>29195611
>iran gave Hezbollah anti ship cruise missiles

wtf what could they possibly need them for
>>
>>29195889
>>
>>29195889
Israel has a navy
>>
>>29193315
Even an obsolete tank is still a tank.
>>
guys....im a bit confused about the situation in Al Eis (S. Aleppo)

Which side was attacking and is the SAA/Shia militias really still in control of it like most sources say?
>>
>>29195953
Al Nusra took it about a day ago, but IRGC took it back (according to my sources; Syria live map) about 15 hours ago
>>
>>29196006
saucing my source

http://syria.liveuamap.com/en/2016/7-march-syria-aleppo-nusra-took-entire-control-of-al-eis
>>
>>29195953
SAA and iraqi/iranian militias controlled the town, which was only slightly behind front lines.

Rebels, mainly Al-Nusra, begin an attack, advancing on the town. Militias get beaten back, but hold the town. Rebels keep pushing, russian forces start bombing the rebels.
The rebels manage to take the western part of the town, militias getting BTFO.
Russians BTFO the Nusra guys.
Rebels retreat, Militias that were getting BTFO manage to hold the town.

SAA reinforces the town with more militias, thus reinforcing the position against rebels.

The end.
>>
File: ZogBojnici.jpg (72 KB, 790x490) Image search: [Google]
ZogBojnici.jpg
72 KB, 790x490
>saud entertainment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLUOTJNacLE
>>
>>29195045
Houthis are just Houthis, there is a huge segment of Yemenis Republican Guard with them like tens of thousands and those were elite units of Yemenis army. They are the ones with Tochkas and other heavy shit that's been a huge problem for Saudis.
>>
>>29195611
There is no way Iran would transfer SA-22 to Hezbollah. It goes against any strategy Hezbollah can employ against Israel. In any war they would be taken out quickly and with probably no losses for Israeli air force. At the same time SA-22 is not something Iran produces and is something Iran would want for themselves. Its a excellent part for an integrated air defense network, something Iran wants' to build and something Hezbollah has no chance of ever having. Plus if Hezbollah did have it, Israelis would have already bombed it no meter the political cost. It looks like a poor excuse by Russians for accepting Israeli diplomatic pressure.
>>
>>29193978
>2 years into the bombing campaign
>still large ISIS arms manufacturing factories around

So Vatniks weren't joking about us doing little to defeat ISIS?
>>
File: LiberatorModern.jpg (233 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
LiberatorModern.jpg
233 KB, 2000x1500
>>
>>29192689
Bump
>>
>>29193957
Zvezda speaks Syrian Arabic he can translate it when he shows up.

So this is pretty much a confirmation then that the New Syrian Army is a US, maybe Jordanian proxy, I'm sure they just want them there to try and be a "legitimate opposition" who will push for demands of what the US, and maybe what the Jordanians want.

I wonder how Assad views this.
>>
File: Ass.jpg (54 KB, 900x500) Image search: [Google]
Ass.jpg
54 KB, 900x500
>>29196762
>>
>>29193957
>>29196762
Oh sorry guys, did not notice that. I'll translate it for you:

"We are the New Syrian Army. From Syria for Syria, we seek to rid the nation of all whom seek to destroy and ruin it.
To our fathers, brothers and children we ask of you to distance yourselves from any headquarters or troop positions or members of ISIS. We encourage all mothers and fathers to make their children leave ISIS.
We encourage all of whom joined this treacherous organization and did not assault any innocent humans to leave and we will facilitate this process for you.
We are coming, we are coming and we will show no mercy to those who back-stabbed us, tortured our parents, killed our young men, and displaced our families; we are coming to bring justice to our people"
>>
>>29196259
http://www.defensenews.com/story/defense/policy-budget/warfare/2015/04/19/israel-russian-arms-terrorists-hezbollah/25871023/ I'll throw in my two cents as to why (if true) Iran has chosen to give weapons to Hezbollah. The Iranians gave Russian made weapons to Hezbollah under the auspice of the lifting of weapons sanctions on Iran (because of that Iran just needs to foot the bill for the equipment and is able to get the toys they want irregardless of the political implications). My best guess is that Iran is moving to secure its proxy from the biggest threat it faces at the moment: the Israeli air force. While I do agree that under other circumstances Israeli jets would have bombed the equipment, Israel has been very weary of getting involved in the conflict right now in any way shape or form so as not to polarize the opposing camps by having one which has Israel's support (this can either be due to domestic or international pressures).

So Iran is taking advantage of the situation to reinforce Hezbollah in the event that once hostilities in Syria end, it is able to defend itself from what it sees as inevitable air strikes from Israel.
>>
>>29197336
Another namefag?
>>
File: CdCttGkW4AAifFp.jpg-large.jpg (75 KB, 836x432) Image search: [Google]
CdCttGkW4AAifFp.jpg-large.jpg
75 KB, 836x432
Here is an interesting picture. Liwa Ahfad Salah Al Din (Battalion of the Descendants of Salah Al Din) the rebel group that spearheaded the attack on ISIS in North Aleppo.
It is made up of elements from the FSA and Turkish backed Kurdish rebels.

They seem to be clearly well armed and supplied, most likely from Western nations.

Here is some footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVJb2m2EWYo

Interesting comments from the reporter Julian Röpcke about the suppliers: https://twitter.com/JulianRoepcke/status/707242609845145600
>>
>>29196606
>So Vatniks weren't joking about us doing little to defeat ISIS?

It's pretty major target. Russians would have probably hit it with pair of Su-34's and 64 unguided 250kg bombs, instead of 16 laser guided ones from pair of Typhoons. Difference is probably risking handful of "civilian" casualties.

>still large ISIS arms manufacturing factories around

They move those around and not exactly easy to verify targets. West gives slightly more fucks on civilian casualties, that is the difference.

Personally. I'd hope that Russia would increase their strikes. I don't think there is any civilian casualties or "collateral damage" as all sunnis in Iraq and Syria are ISIS supporters.
>>
>>29197749
>I don't think there is any civilian casualties or "collateral damage" as all sunnis in Iraq and Syria are ISIS supporters.
Lol what? This must be bait.
>>
>>29193315
Are we sure this is real? Looks like it could be a bunch of clips put together for propaganda purposes.
>>
>>29195611
What can S.A. 22s and P800s do? Anti air? Manpads? What are these things and how can they be used?
>>
File: merchant vessel.jpg (90 KB, 570x875) Image search: [Google]
merchant vessel.jpg
90 KB, 570x875
>>29195889
>>
>>29196606
>So Vatniks weren't joking about us doing little to defeat ISIS?

Funny how vatniks don't even try to explain why Russia has not touched it.
>>
>>29197847
>Are we sure this is real?

Considering who posted it :^)
>>
>>29195731
>Omar the Chechen ,a top military commader in IS may have been killed in a US airstrike.
Over/under? He's been declared dead many times before. It would be pretty cool if that ginger fag was finally dead though.
>>
Apparently there is an uprising of some sort going on inside Raqqa as well.
>>
>>29198192
This is a hard question. IS already evacuated Shaddadi and the airstrike target the outskirts of Shaddadi long after IS bigwigs left. That would mean he was personally trying to lead a counter attack on YPG forces knowing US air power was overhead. A incredibly risky move on his part.

I believe he was killed in this airstrike but I am at a loss to explain why IS would allow him to be so close to a crumbling front line.
>>
>>29198152
They are the last to be dealt with, first they want to eliminate the FSA.

They need only ISIS, Kurds and SAA to remain as factions in Syrian war.
Their main objective is to keep Assad in power until the end of the war, make him and Kurds cooperate which they do, eliminate the moderate, democratic, not extreme, western backed, terrosit freedom fighters called FSA, and not only put the russian paw somewhere in the middle east, but also install the damn russian pipelines, and not the ones from Qatar, which was the entire reason the war started.
After that, they will install their own puppet in Syria, one that isnt Assad the brutal dictator that barrel bombs crippled children and old people in bakeries, but one that also does what the russians tell him to do. Assad will be a doctor somewhere in russia with his family, safe and sound, he fucking earned it.
Its strange how nobody in the western part of the world realizes the seriousness of the situation where the west has failed to overthrow a dictator they dont like in the middle east.
Not only that, russians guard his ass now.
>>
>>29198219
It's the Tunisian ISIS revolting against ISIS after they executed the command leadership of the tunisians
>>
File: image.jpg (372 KB, 1903x1400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
372 KB, 1903x1400
>>29192689
My Middle East nato set up
>>
Tfw dependent on turks, slavs, Arabs and yuro rapefugees for updates on war
>>
>>29195889

Blowing up Jews

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3458845,00.html
>>
>>29198776
Switching Assad for an actual Russian puppet changes little from the West's perspective.
>>
ISIS air force when?
>>
>>29196606
When one gets destroyed they make another you fucking tit
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-07+at+01.02.03).jpg (100 KB, 517x586) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-07+at+01.02.03).jpg
100 KB, 517x586
Does anyone else find it funny and surreal militants set up basically arab gun broker using facebook and trade and sell weapons?
>>
File: S-22 pantsir.jpg (174 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
S-22 pantsir.jpg
174 KB, 1024x683
>>29197919
SA 22 is medium range AA (pic related)

P800's are anti ship missiles which while not being brand new, are pretty decent.
>>
>>29199237
I think this is pretty significant. It shows that most of these fighters, especially foreigners are just there for the paycheck. ISIS cut pay, and now we get multiple insurrections in ISIS. They're just switching over to Nusra or other hardliners tho. This is actually more dangerous as now they get payed directly by Turkey and the Gulf.
>>
>>29201434
When they figure out how to keep sophisticated flying machines airworthy instead of just knowing how to fly them.

These things are not just flying tanks and APCs.
>>
File: 728.jpg (318 KB, 1591x892) Image search: [Google]
728.jpg
318 KB, 1591x892
Reminder
>>
File: SDF at Deir ez-Zor's doorstep.png (159 KB, 1022x674) Image search: [Google]
SDF at Deir ez-Zor's doorstep.png
159 KB, 1022x674
>>29194124
So the SDF/Kurds are really doing this shit? Advancing into Deir ez-Zor province towards the provincial capital to reinforce the only SAA pocket in the whole of the province?

That's a fairly tall order considering the distance they still need to cover, but I'll be impressed if they manage to do that.
>>
>>29203429
https://twitter.com/ihanete_ceza
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af1LHbCu8cY
>>
>>29195889
Hezbollah landed an anti ship missile on an israeli ship, after that Israel suspended all naval operations in 2006
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVJb2m2EWYo
>When the US hooks you up with some comfy gear
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVVDLYNjRgA
>>
>>29199271

Is that a FAMAS?
>>
>>29203538
Nah m8, they'll simply take fairly undefended territory until they encounter too much resistance and then stop, consolidate and fortify.
After that they'll switch their manpower and equipment over a new front which is also not strongly defended and do another mini blitz, rinse and repeat.
>>
Interesting points:

-ISIS is shelling Mare' with mortars, no casualties reported. ISIS doesn't seem to be doing much about the rebel attack in North Aleppo, maybe that is all what they can muster.

-Jabhat Al Nusra has fully withdrawn from the village of Abu Dhuhur in Idlib.
This is the second time they pull out from a village in Idlib this month, I am not sure it is because of civil unrest but that definitely could be a factor.
The village has also been under heavy airstrikes for the past weeks.
>>
>>29198152

>in a large coordinated operation against terrorist locations in western Iraq
>terrorist locations in western Iraq
>western Iraq
>Iraq
>I R A Q

Because Russia is only operating over SYRIA maybe ???

Russia sold lots of weapons to Iraq, though it doesn't mean their military operates in support of the Iraqi army.
>>
>>29204026
Either way, the fact that they went this far into DeZ is already unexpected. I would think that's a no-go for the Kurds since it's not considered important for Rojavan operations.
>>
How is the coalition invasion of Mosul going?
>>
File: MicroT.jpg (60 KB, 719x868) Image search: [Google]
MicroT.jpg
60 KB, 719x868
>>
>>29204471
Still in "preparation" stages. They're only just starting with buildup of forces around Mosul. The most you'll get to actual shit done are selective bombing and mortar runs.

The ISF is still preoccupied with Anbar, specifically snuffing out that IS pocket in Fallujah and Hit.
>>
File: YPG SDF FSA Shaddadi.jpg (126 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
YPG SDF FSA Shaddadi.jpg
126 KB, 960x640
I keep hearing that the SDF is 50 km from Deir but does anyone have any source for that?
>>
>>29204566
Last I heard it the YPG/SDF made it as far as the Markada grain silos in the Deir AO.

Most of the fighting is centered around northern Raqqa. As already said the YPG/SDF isn't making a direct path to Deir Ezzor city. More likely they are trying to get near Raqqa which btw was the original plan.

IS is trying to reinforce the northern Raqqa front to stop this.
>>
File: Guess what.png (1 MB, 948x714) Image search: [Google]
Guess what.png
1 MB, 948x714
I will be kind of busy today, the only report that I will do is that the SAA made some gains on the east of Khanasser, capturing more or less seven villages and some hills from ISIS. The SAA probably decided to expand the buffer zone between the Highway to Aleppo and ISIS territory, because they are already tired of cleaning the highway every once and while.

Almost all the sources that we receive about the YPG/SDF offensive comes from pro YPG or official SDF sources, and both don't differ that much.

The pro Kurds sources are also claiming some wild stuff; mainly that the Rebels are using chemical weapons against the civilians in Sheikh Maqsud, and that the YPG interrogated some of the ISIS prisoners from the attack to Tel Abyad/Giri Sipi; the prisoner supposedly confessed that Turkey helped transfer them from Jarablus to GiriSipi through turkish territory, that they were told to surrender to Turkish army if injured or if their attack was unsuccessful. Bassicaly saying that all the ISIS attack to GiriSipi was planned and supervised by Turkey.

>Guess what vehicle is under all this slat.
>>
I go to check the latest in Deir Ezzor news and the last update from Deir Ezzor SS is that IS has nice homes for sale and they are looking to sell for cheap.

Anyone want a great deal on a house in Deir Ezzor? lol
>>
>>29193315
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQyXtuSbvMM
What is the song in that video?

Also, I'm almost certain they used a missile to destroy the VBIED, not a tank
>>
I am omitting a lot of events today. Palmyra is heating up finally, IS isn't going down without a fight in northern Raqqa and other areas have action like Latakia. It should be good.

Good footage of a FSA group in northern Aleppo clashing with IS. Brand new m-240b and Ma deuce involved.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhJxaW7M6D4
>>
File: 1454847045439.jpg (3 KB, 112x130) Image search: [Google]
1454847045439.jpg
3 KB, 112x130
>>29196024
thx dude...
>>
>>29203950
It's actually the Betamax, a slovenian assault rifle.
>>
>>29205023
Link please, I'd like to see my options
>>
>>29204974
is that an M113 command variant of some kind?
also that hummer looks dope, we should up armor all the hummers like that instead of replacing them
>>
>>29204341
Russia does and did do airstrikes in Iraq for months now.
>>
According to pro rebel sources, rebels have repelled an SDF attempt to sneak past rebel lines in the Western countryside of the Aleppo.

It seems that things are only escalating with Kurdish forces taking the fight to the outskirts of Aleppo.
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-07+at+01.22.34).jpg (361 KB, 1016x676) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-07+at+01.22.34).jpg
361 KB, 1016x676
serb MG
>>
>>29198063

top kek.
>>
>>29205480
>>is that an M113 command variant of some kind?
Yup, you are right.

Just to ad a little thing, Hassan Ridha is saying in his twitter that it seems that an armistice has reportedly been reached in an effort to reduce conflict on the Yemen Saudi Arabian border. A prisoner exchange was also made between the Houthis and the Saudi led coalition.

Oh yeah, one more thing, looks like the SAA also created a new unit in Homs; Homs Leopards - Special Missions Regiment.

>Female YPG fighter treating a captured wounded ISIS fighter.
>>
>>29205911
Suawe
>>
>>29205911
Let's say the guy on the left accidentally pulls the trigger.

What happens to the other guy's pants?
>>
>>29205267
>disintegrating one time use link
>still jams like fuck
>>
>>29206189
is it super fucking cold out or does fetal alcohol syndrome shrink a man's dick?
>>
>>29206219
Northern dicks are growers.
>>
File: 1410703361813.png (67 KB, 449x1197) Image search: [Google]
1410703361813.png
67 KB, 449x1197
>This Is The Future You Chose

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=eae_1457513756
>>
File: dLva7ec[1].jpg (2 MB, 1599x897) Image search: [Google]
dLva7ec[1].jpg
2 MB, 1599x897
#SAA forces split the East #Ghouta pocket near #Damascus

since when is the Jobar pocket separated from the main pocket?
>>
>>29206734
late 2013
that is when SAA got control or at least fire control of the road between Jobar and Zamalka
but the rebels apparently can still get though
>>
File: allahuakhbar.jpg (96 KB, 428x344) Image search: [Google]
allahuakhbar.jpg
96 KB, 428x344
>>29197554
>Turkish backed Kurdish rebels

That's it, this war finally makes no god damn sense at all.
>>
>>29206862
Turkey has a problem with the PKK. But they are on good terms with the KDP (Iraqi Kurdistan party) because the KDP dislikes the PKK just as much as.

Basically, Turkey supports everyone that agrees with them on the PKK and that includes some Kurds.
>>
>>29206862
Probably Turkish Kurds who want Sharia and were exported to Syria like many other thousands.
>>
>>29203948
this was highly informative and very educational... sometimes you find those youtube videos worth watching.
>>
>>29206734
############ the fuck mane
>>
>>29207357
You could do a lot worse on Youtube than watch the Caspian Report guy.
>>
>>29203950
If you're talking about the gun in the center, yes.
>>
>>29195611
I guess they finally figured out why the US didn't want to hand out MANPADS.
>>
http://news.sky.com/story/1656777/is-registration-forms-identify-22000-jihadis

>Tens of thousands of documents, containing 22,000 names, addresses, telephone numbers and family contacts of Islamic State jihadis, have been obtained by Sky News.
>>
>>29205426
Boolshit, it's a HIV 56
>>
>>29208066
>ISIS registration forms
Jesus christ, the paperwork is going to be the end of them.
>>
>>29195611
>Kuwait-based daily Al-Jarida claims.
Is this solid? I think not that much.
>>
>>29202212
Erm... link?...
>>
>>29208080
not just that, because they are a rogue state, they probably have most of the info for all their fighters on computers.

Their biggest failure was acting as both a terrorist organization and bureaucracy. Because one you need to be secretive and to hide who you are, and the other one you need to know as much as possible about everyone in your organization/government and to have a strict regime in order to function properly
>>
>>29207217
The PKK were in the battle in Sinjar alongside KDP pesh.
>>
File: NY.jpg (65 KB, 600x492) Image search: [Google]
NY.jpg
65 KB, 600x492
>>
>>29208388
Yeah they both fight alongside against ISIS, but the point was that there are Kurds that are backed by turkey because they more or less agree with each other.
People think that Turkey has a problem with all of the Kurds while it is actually just with certain parties, it's all about politics.
>>
>>29209223
Any more info on hez weapon capabilities? Are we ever gonna see any chemical shells or nerve gas fall into jihadi hands?
>>
>>29209303
The Russians are really spoiling them and keeping them happy, but they have to also worry about not pissing off Israel too much.
While Hezbollah is certainly getting some new toys I doubt it will ever get to chemical weapons, it's too dangerous.
>>
>>29207762
He just copied and pasted the first sentence from Twitter and was too lazy to remove the hashtags.
>>
File: VihoriSe.jpg (102 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
VihoriSe.jpg
102 KB, 1024x768
>ISIS membership list

https://en.zamanalwsl.net/news/14541.html?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork
>>
>>29209663
Interesting parts of that document.

Two thirds of ISIS manpower are from Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, Morocco and Egypt. 25% of ISIS fighters are Saudis, the data disclosed.

While Turkish fighters are taking the lead among ISIS foreign fighters, French fighters come next.

Syrians are just 1.7 % of the total number of fighters. The Iraqis make 1.2.
>>
>>29209940
God Europe has more jihadis than Syria now. Someone give the Serbs control of NATO resources for a few years to purge that continent clean.
>>
>>29209940
that is of that 22000, and was it for a specific region?
>>
File: 1370661538389.jpg (34 KB, 300x562) Image search: [Google]
1370661538389.jpg
34 KB, 300x562
>>29205267
>Brand new m-240b and Ma deuce involved.
>new
>m240
>new
>m2
>>
>>29211108
oh nevermind it's a sample size of 1736.
>>
>>29208066
>He also claimed that in reality Islamic State, The Kurdish YPG and the Syrian government of Bashar al Assad, are working together against the moderate Syrian opposition.

So much for that Russian propaganda about fighting against IS.
>>
>>29211211
Russia has done more damage against ISIS than the rest of the world

I wish we would give carte Blanche to Russia and China to pacify all Muslim countries. They would sort those animals out real quick.
>>
>>29211127
As in that particular one was recently manufactured fuck face.
>>
>>29211941
Exactly , I posted the weapons are brand new out of the box as a side note.
>>29198456
Quick post in the dead hours of mid east news.
Back to my answer on the day Omar al-Shishani was supposedly killed in a airstrike. At the time I believed he was killed in the strike however questioned why he was even near Shaddadi in the first place as the important IS members already left.

http://www.ndtv.com/world-news/isis-commander-omar-the-chechen-survived-us-strike-report-1285598

tl;dr SOHR is saying he is still alive but was injured during the airstrikes. That SOB made it out of there. I wonder how badly he was injured.
>>
>>29211926
>Russia has done more damage against ISIS than the rest of the world

Is that why ISIS expanded in the regions Russia was bombing?
>>
File: Marley1.jpg (115 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
Marley1.jpg
115 KB, 640x960
>>29209663
>>29209940
>>29210918
/r/equesting the image of "Syrians & ISIS".. the Syrians are all SAA members, and the ISIS is a mix bag of ethnicity.

Here's tits in return.
>>
File: original.jpg (156 KB, 720x710) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
156 KB, 720x710
>>29213591
>>
File: 1365535879064.png (471 KB, 1200x636) Image search: [Google]
1365535879064.png
471 KB, 1200x636
;_;
>>
Good morning everyone, just a quick report:

- Its seems that Nusra and Jund Al-Aqsa launched night time attacks against SAA positions in Northern Hama. The fight have taken until dawn, but pro SAA sources claimed that the attackers have been repelled. Ridha say something about more than 70 rebels fighters killed and more than 5 vehicles destroyed.

The attacks have been against the villages of Al-Sha'tha, Kerah, Khefsin, Taibat Al-Ism and Umm Haratayn.

The image is about the current situation around Khanasser.
>>
>>29211926
Because that went over so well in Afghanistan and Chechnya right?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCe0Hzqjhso

North thunder, they are practicing against ballistic missiles attacks and air superiority

I think it's message to Iran
>>
>>29214807
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CzP3FWMD2w

I got to say it's quite fascinating
>>
Only major action right now is heavy Ruaf bombing at Palmyra. IS knows the SAA is coming. The SAA knows IS knows the SAA is coming hence the Ruaf softening up campaign.
>>
File: PalCa.jpg (66 KB, 660x906) Image search: [Google]
PalCa.jpg
66 KB, 660x906
>>29215232
>>
I am seeing something in Hasakah by Abdulaziz mountain. IS is launching a attack on YPG forces there.

-Reports of US airstrikes around Markada which is the front line of the SDF/YPG in Deir Ezzor province.

-No ground attack in Palmyra since the bombing

I'm out but I am leaving a video of two little girls in Yemen shooting a PKM and a mortar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmFRh2N2Pa4

This looks like good solid family fun. Those girls are having a blast.
>>
>>29216166

I love how this is basically the concretization of that image from the k Humor Threads; that kids should help with support guns.
>>
>>29211211

"Moderates"
>>
File: JatiMatic.jpg (94 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
JatiMatic.jpg
94 KB, 600x800
>Palmyra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKObRO1WlQE
>>
>>29213591
Because that reflects the reality on the ground so well now that Iranians/Hezbollah/Afghanis fight the main battles.
>>
>>29213213
Literally kill yourself
>YPG
>Assad
>Helping IS
First rate bs right there. Without RuaF, Assad wouldn't have been able to destroy IS in northern Allepo, and they've been a major help in Deiz. You're pretty stupid, or you're a Turk.

>>29214784
>Chechnya
I don't know what you're getting at, Chechnya is fine retard
>>
>>29217820
>First Chechen war
>Fine
>>
>>29203950

Thats a glock brand glock you turdburgler
>>
>>29214247
I want to punch the fuck out of you Vlad
>>
File: 1456808346280.gif (1 MB, 360x292) Image search: [Google]
1456808346280.gif
1 MB, 360x292
>>29214247
*coughs loudly*

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/01/iran-foreign-legion-leans-afghan-shia-syria-war-160122130355206.html
>>
I want to spend as long as possible fighting ISIS
How do I do this, besides Arabic and some Kurdish, what should I learn before hand?
>>
>>29197038

Thank you. Shokran.
>>
>>29219258
Familiarize yourself with soviet/russian weapons, because that what they will have most there.
Learn the basics on mechanic. Know the specifics about japanese pickups, no kidding, read something about russian armored vehicles.
Take a look on Syria map, mainly about the Rojava territory, try create a basic notion of the locations.
Read more about ISIS; their organization, their battle historic, their tactics and way of fighting. Its important to have a idea of your enemy habits.
>>
>>29221296
You have any links / pdfs for the Soviet weapons, and anything on the armored vehicles ??
>>
File: 1454019298008.jpg (99 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1454019298008.jpg
99 KB, 960x960
>>29219258
>>
File: 1450835196895.jpg (882 KB, 1300x943) Image search: [Google]
1450835196895.jpg
882 KB, 1300x943
>>29218561
>>
>>29216655
>this pic
Saved
>>
>>29219566
No problem, glad I could help.

-In other news, according to pro rebel sources rebel have launched an attack on the ISIS held village of Yani Yaban in North Aleppo.
It seems that the rebels left in the North Aleppo corridor have shifted their focus on ISIS. Since there were claims of them receiving increased supplies, they might have been pressured by their suppliers to concentrate on ISIS.

-While according, to Al Masdar, the SAA is waiting for Palmyra bound Hezbollah reinforcements. Despite the presence of the Tiger Force, Hezbollah will be leading the battle.
>>
>>29217131
Sometimes, I swear to god this has actually been a war between toyota and mitsubishi
>>
YPG destroyed 5 ISIS VBIEDs as ISIS is attacking the Tishrin Dam today. ANHA news is saying that ISIS is attacking the dam from three fronts.
>>
>>29224646
Using canon fodder to do the work for you is always wise.
>>
>>29225373
>Despite the presence of Major General Suheil al-Hassan, the Syrian Government has reportedly requested Hezbollah commander Sayyed Jaber and his fighters to lead the battle.

It might be that they want Hezbollah's expertise, Palmyra is a very important city to control.
>>
>>29225357
Do these attacks on the dam do anything? Every time one's reported it's over as quickly as it starts and nothing changes
>>
https://twitter.com/QSD00963/status/707950225260937216

>A new brigade"Liwa Jund Al Haramayn" announced it is joining to our forces #SDF. #QSD #Syria Press Office10-3-2016

>#Kurdistan: #FSA rebels of Liwa Jund al-Haramain have joined the frontlines around #Kobanê. #TwitterKurds #Syria

SDF is growing. Soon they'll have as much non Kurds as they have Kurds in their ranks.

Translation of their name: "Brigade of the Two Holy"
Arabic: ليوا جند أل حرامين
They joined Northern Sun Battalion (a Jaysh al-Thuwar group from Manbij/Tishrin)
There was a battalion part of this group called "Battalion Azadi Brigade". It seems to me like this "Liwa Jund Al Haramayn" consists out of multiple groups already.
They declared their commitment to the principles of SDF.
They seem to have been founded in Manbij.
They seem to have some sort of presence in Aleppo city.

They're a FSA islamist group from manbij. They used to be members of Jaish al- Mujahideen. [Translation: they worked with Jabhat al Nusra.]
They fought with the YPG against ISIS at kobani.

>Islamists fighting within an organization with a feminist ideology among other things.
>>
File: WWF.jpg (42 KB, 480x483) Image search: [Google]
WWF.jpg
42 KB, 480x483
>>
File: photo_2016-03-11_14-24-48.jpg (150 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-03-11_14-24-48.jpg
150 KB, 1280x720
IS has released pictures from Dawa which is the frontline of the Palmyra battle. They claim to have killed 3 tanks with ATGMs and one BMP over the course of two days which are plausible claims. Over 20 IS have been killed in Ruaf bombing raids. I would guess about 50 IS have been killed since the Ruaf started hitting the city.

The battle for Palmyra has begun and it won't be just at Palmyra. Expect IS to attack between Mahin and Qaryatayn and maybe even T4 for spoiler attacks. The SAA is going to go all in at once and try to take Palmyra quickly. If that fails this could take much longer than expected.
>IS picture dump from Dawa today
>>
File: photo_2016-03-11_14-24-53.jpg (44 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-03-11_14-24-53.jpg
44 KB, 1280x720
>>
File: photo_2016-03-11_14-25-00.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-03-11_14-25-00.jpg
42 KB, 1280x720
>>
File: 14577076980410.jpg (163 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
14577076980410.jpg
163 KB, 960x720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGNlJQ4y5p4
>>
>>29225630
In the tactical level, aside from ISIS wasting human resources, not much.
ISIS attacks probably aim to kick YPG/SDF back to the other side the river and took the dam back.
But while ISIS fail to achieve such, at least their constant assaults around the Dam area give little space for the YPG/SDF to continue their advance towards Manbij.
>>
File: photo_2016-03-11_14-24-33.jpg (147 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-03-11_14-24-33.jpg
147 KB, 1280x720
>>
File: photo_2016-03-11_14-24-36.jpg (53 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-03-11_14-24-36.jpg
53 KB, 1280x720
I'm done
>>
>>29225732
How reliable are these reports? Doesn't ISIS usually do fallow up attacks after VBIED's, especially when its multiple VBIED's. Most of the videos I have seen of ISIS VBIED's they at least provide support fire to distract the enemy.
>>
File: approve_jesus.gif (22 KB, 160x169) Image search: [Google]
approve_jesus.gif
22 KB, 160x169
>It's Raining Men

http://rutube.ru/video/ba78e15f848b59dbde8e5cdc5161cc7e/
>>
>>29226321
The fighting at Tishrin Dam is still ongoing so I don't know what you expect RU to tell you.

What happened with the VBIEDs today already happened and if you are questioning the attack/results than look it up yourself.
>>
first documented use of ISIS making dummy vehicles apparently.

Wooden humvee

https://twitter.com/green_lemonnn/status/708331318145368065
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-11+at+01.16.49).jpg (103 KB, 520x697) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-11+at+01.16.49).jpg
103 KB, 520x697
Iraqi gun store
>>
>>29227067
Didn't realize there were revolvers in the middle east
>>
>>29227053
neat
>>
File: GorciBorci.jpg (157 KB, 960x719) Image search: [Google]
GorciBorci.jpg
157 KB, 960x719
>>
File: DSC_0282.jpg (1 MB, 1713x1150) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0282.jpg
1 MB, 1713x1150
>>29227053
>Wasting time building the frame, shell and even working wheels
>No decoy heat signatures that drones would pick up on a real Humvee

They're better off just making inflatable decoys.
>>
File: Sluzbenici.jpg (425 KB, 1376x1032) Image search: [Google]
Sluzbenici.jpg
425 KB, 1376x1032
>>
>>29228116

not that sure about the heat signature cause wood isolates heat and doesnt conduct it that good...
When just looking at the heat signature, the wooden "vehicle" SEEMS to be not that stupid as you would think, but i agree, there where a lot other things i would rather do than building this thing KEK
>>
>>29228116
I'm sure ISIS can wrangle up a Honda generator or space heater
>>
reports coming in that FSA has taken Yani Yaba about two hours ago.

Various anti-Assad protests are happening across the country.

Plus about 200 Shaddadi locals have joined the SDF in their operations to clear the area south of Shaddad of ISIS
>>
>>29228364
oh and this might be something new

Hezbollah has been declared a terrorist organization by the Arab League.

This comes as Saudi Arabia has halted the flow of military aid to the Lebanese armed forces for fears that some of the equipment is falling into the hands of Hezbollah.

Seems like the Arab league has another new target (after they're done with Daesh)
>>
>>29198152
Hmm.... Considering this took place in IRAQ maybe the Russians in SYRIA have nothing to do with it.
>>
>>29228397
>Hezbollah has been declared a terrorist organization by the Arab League.
>Seems like the Arab league has another new target (after they're done with Daesh)
Not unless they want to be utterly humiliated. Hez is no joke.
>>
>>29205635
But far far far fewer than in Syria. It's like claiming the Coalition isn't bombing Palmrya enough even though it is right next to the SAA.
The coalition and Russia agreed to spheres of concentration against ISIS back in October/November.
>>
>>29228397

"After they're done with Daesh" implies that they were doing something to combat ISIS rather than being one of their biggest supporters.

http://www.petroleum-economist.com/Article/3528442/Search/Is-oil-really-financing-IS.html?Keywords=Luay+al-Khatteeb&OrderType=1&PartialFields=%28CATEGORYIDS%3a11654%29&Brand=PE&tabSelected=True
>>
File: fig16.jpg (198 KB, 499x641) Image search: [Google]
fig16.jpg
198 KB, 499x641
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y74HZTK4MA
>>
>>29206516
do they actually bury the bodies, or just leave them out for the birds? Seems like it would have less impact on the environment that way.
>>
>>29208718 nice digi flora
>>
>>29213213
Where exactly has ISIS expanded that Russia has bombed?

I can only think of Dier-Zour losing a little land, and that's an outpost surrounded by ISIS forces that has turned into a meatgrinder for ISIS' forces.
>>
>>29229502
I think he's talking about North Aleppo. Last year, when the region was not a pocket yet, Ruaf bombed the Rebels positions and ISIS take the chance to storm them, gaining some territory.
>>
>>29226321
Dr Partizan is the major pro S.Kurds/YPG source on twitter. He is somehow trustworthy, in touch with the kurd fighters and he post the majority of the YPG battles informations and photos that we use. ANHA news is the major official news agency of the Syrian Kurds, they release the majority of the YPG official claims.
So I think they are very reliable sources, until they prove me otherwise.
>>
>>29229502

It's western pundits being western pundits.

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/the-war-nerd-bombed-stupid.365303/
>>
>>29214784
Soviets weren't exactly fighting just the Mujahideen in Afghanistan. Some other superpower was providing immensely game changing equipment to the insurgents.

Chechnya was a success, after drunk slav president got replaced by semi-drunk slav "president".
>>
>>29228397
>terrorists calling others terrorists

Oh I am laffin
>>
>>29229774
But RuAF didn't even start bombing until Sept 30th. IIRC ISIS had already taken some rebel land the week before.

See I've been here since 2013 and I know bullshit when I see it here.

Also, anon specified SAA, not the Rebels.
>>
>>29230836
Chechnya II was a success because they went into indiscriminate bombardment mode. Hell they used their fancy new T-90's, as smaller arty pieces.
>>
>>29217131
i love the spongbob sports bag
He's ready
>>
>>29198152
because perhaps its in Iraq?
>>
>>29211211
>trusting a """"moderate"""" jihadi at face value
>>
>>29232893
While that guy is undoubtedly full of shit, the fact of the mater is that Russia's principle goal is the propping up of Assad, and so they will bomb Isis where Isis threatens Assad, and they will bomb the people who are most often fighting Isis, where they fight Assad.

It's laughable for the Ruskies to claim they have done very much against Isis when Isis conflicts so seldom with their principle mission.

And when their discrimination is so poor, vis a vis munition accuracy and target selection.
>>
File: cnn msnbc fox.jpg (121 KB, 599x606) Image search: [Google]
cnn msnbc fox.jpg
121 KB, 599x606
>>29229928
>>
File: Bros.jpg (426 KB, 1024x1852) Image search: [Google]
Bros.jpg
426 KB, 1024x1852
>>
>>29230954
>>Also, anon specified SAA, not the Rebels.

No, he didn't, he just said:

>Is that why ISIS expanded in the regions Russia was bombing?
>>
>>29227053

I'm honestly kind of shocked they didn't put a bomb in there just in case someone tried, well, exactly that.
>>
>>29235086
>Wooden bomb underneath
>>
File: LOj.jpg (247 KB, 1024x1820) Image search: [Google]
LOj.jpg
247 KB, 1024x1820
>Syrian mig-21 down in north Hama, the pilot managed to-eject safely and he is in safe area now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqCqkpsw7gA
>>
>>29233363
I can't tell if you're actually retarded, or you're just a jihadi.
>>
>>29235376
They hit it with machine guns?
>>
File: jewFaca.jpg (15 KB, 624x300) Image search: [Google]
jewFaca.jpg
15 KB, 624x300
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eR_2O79tHY
>>
I have sort been watching Syrian war news today but sleepily.

-further fighting in west Palmyra as IS claims to have killed another BMP and 10 "Iranians" as more IS have been killed in the bombing raids.

I think the SAA/Shia militas near Palmyra are going to send the Shia militas in there like cannon bait to draw IS out for the Ruaf. It's a typical Iranain move seen in the southern Aleppo offensives.

tl;dr there is about to be a bunch of dead Shia milita in Palmyra

-IS VBIED attack at a Suluk checkpoint that killed a couple of YPG

-contuined non IS rebel vs IS in northern Aleppo as the former has taken two more villages from IS

-Mig-21? shot down over Hama , still unclear what took it down.

Fighting in Latakia, eastern Ghouta today as well
>>
>>29236298
>tl;dr there is about to be a bunch of dead Shia milita in Palmyra
IS just put out a official statement. It's 25 dead Shia militia near Palmyra, not 10.
>>
>>29236063
Official media claims it was a malfunction, given the machine must be ancient and >arab maintenance this seems more plausible.

The pilot died after landing because the shot at him in the air after ejecting but got to a SAA checkpoint first.
>>
>>29236423
>IS official statement
Not very accurate most of the time.
Just like the government plays down their own losses or rebels prop up SAA soldiers killed and say their own soldiers were civillians.
>>
>>29236442
And that's a fair point. What I am saying is it looks like the SAA/Shia/Ruaf plan is to send in mass Shia militia forces to crash into IS lines in order to expose them and it's going cause high casualties among them.

This is only the beginning of the battle. This is how the southern Aleppo offensive started and they won those battles. It's going get ugly though. This isn't soft points in southern Aleppo against FSA, this is running up on well entrench battle harden IS.
>>
>>29236564
Thet's the plan, clearly as day.
Yesterday I already mentioned that to one of this threads namefags, saying they'll be used as canon fodder.
Those Tiger Forces have a lot of experience and so are a very precious asset for the government to waste.
>>
>>29236577
Also, in my opinion, the offensive will be shat upon by ISIS if the government doesn't take care in Tyias, Qryatain and Furqlus (or whatever the correct spelling of those towns is). If things get ugly for the snackbars, they'll try diversion maneuver in those areas, which will undoubtly halt the SAA advance and result in a bloodbath for them in Palmyra.

The SAA should defend those places very well, while also trying to advance towards Palmyra from two fronts:
- west, to lure the majority of IS forces and serve as anvil.
- north, advancing from the oilfields, taking the army base (if possible) thus functioning as the hammer.
This would also leave the east and south for ISIS to flee, which would be a good opportunity for strikes against them, and because holed up terrorists are usually very dangerous.
>>
>>29228289
goddamnit why can't slavs into uniforms? Everyone is wearing something diffrent. Can't they tell each other apart when they wear the same shit?
>>
>>29236614
completely agree with you , I only would add Mahin as another possible IS diversion attack.
>>
File: 1425474890588.jpg (2 MB, 2100x1400) Image search: [Google]
1425474890588.jpg
2 MB, 2100x1400
>>29236904
Why waste money? they become obsolete? enemy gonna spot him instantly because he's not in the newest uniform?
>>
>>29237200
they look like a rag tag rebel group not an official army.
>>
I should mention the FSA and JAN are fighting each other in a town in Idlib. It's escalating as JAN has captured the FSA commander.This is a major split.

Lastly in Latakia the SAA has made some gains although lost one of the points they captured today plus rebels in northern Hama near where the Mig was down have taken a village and grain silo.

The ceasefire seems to be collapsing by the day.
>>
>>29237569
It will end up like always.
Some guys are killed from both sides, Nusra takes the town or leaves it for the "FSA" in exchange for armament.
>>
>>29237569
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-44Kgg7etFw
One of the TOW shots on the northern Hama front. Two in total today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BopbgBuex08
Sham propaganda video of them taking the grain silo.
>>
>>29237645
By the way, what do you think about recent gains in East Ghoute by the government?

Will the split withstand? At he moment the corridor the SAA made runs along a street and seems awfully easy to take if the army doesn't widen the strip to create a buffer around it.

Will they be able to widen it?
>>
>>29237720
you mean this>>29206734
Basically eastern Ghouta is still the same eastern Ghouta it always is although under a lot more pressure from the Ruaf.
JAI claimed to have taken back the middle part of the split on the map and broke the encirclement. The SAA is still threatening to encircle the area. Peto hasn't updated his map yet for some reason. Maybe he doesn't believe JAI and that's fine but this sector isn't falling anytime soon.
>>
Few happenings:

-As armchair general mentioned>>29237569
Jabhat Al Nusra lost their shit in Idlib and after cracking down on anti Assad protests (which pissed off the FSA), they are now clashing with Division 13 (Furqa 13) in Mara'at Al Nu'man.

-Al Masdar has claimed in the afternoon that the SAA has stormed the village of Kabanah. However in their article, Al Masdar claimed that they have launched an attack on the city (they have not entered it yet) and that there are no reported gains.
I waited to hear more about it but it seems that there is nothing significant.

-According to pro rebel sources, the SDF in North Aleppo has been able to take back the village of Ein Daknah after the rebels seized control of it recently.
The rebels seem to be focusing more on their ISIS front in North Aleppo which is going well for them.

-Lastly, like armchair mentioned, the rebels have made advances in Northern Hama amidst the SAA losing a Mig-21.
The jet seems to have been taken down with anti aircraft guns, here is some footage https://twitter.com/Step_Agency/status/708668311052091392
And here is some footage of the jet getting hit https://twitter.com/Paradoxy13/status/708743233296343041
>>
>>29237866
>JaN cracking down on anti-Assad protests

Why? What could they possibly gain from doing that?
>>
>>29238574
Although the justice system in Syria is based on sharia, no one really wants a caliphate.
The goals of the revolution are to replace the government while keeping the country secular.

Jabhat Al Nusra is therefore accusing the protesters of chanting for secularism and atheism which is against sharia (it is not, just Jabhat Al Nusra bullshit). So they are cracking down on protesters and ripping the oppositions flags that are being waved.

Jabhat Al Nusra tried to appease to the masses when they took Idlib by saying that they will not interfere with the ruling and that they are working to achieve the goals of the revolution.
They started doing the opposite which pissed off the FSA at first, and now it is pissing off the civilians.

My guess is that they are desperate for power specially with the hard times they have been facing on other fronts.
It is a really retarded thing to do, but that is Jabhat Al Nusra I guess.
>>
File: CZeaKPbWIAAOVel.jpg (191 KB, 920x960) Image search: [Google]
CZeaKPbWIAAOVel.jpg
191 KB, 920x960
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrf1Df-XQ_M

Stupid Islamist cunts are digging their own grave.
>>
File: get_img.jpg (104 KB, 700x480) Image search: [Google]
get_img.jpg
104 KB, 700x480
>noone talking about Taiz

The Houthi siege of that major city was broken in probably the most decisive coalition victory of the last months against the Houthi/Saleh forces.
Depending how it goes in the next days, it could mean the whole collapse of the southern frontlines.

I know, noone here likes the saudis and dont want to talk about things going for them for a change, but this could seriously be a major turning point. Or the whole stalemate/minor advances could continue another year or two.
>>
>>29204974
bullshit
>>
M113.
>>
File: CBRw9UZWsAAfJHW.jpg (52 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
CBRw9UZWsAAfJHW.jpg
52 KB, 600x400
Major battles going on tonight all over Idlib, especially in Maarat al-Numan, as Nusra tries to kill Division 13.
>>
File: d34.jpg (40 KB, 629x455) Image search: [Google]
d34.jpg
40 KB, 629x455
>>
>>29240643
>Even fewer people give a shit Yemeni civil war.

That's because the effects of that war is almost entirely self-contained within the Arab Peninsular with little effect to the West, with all parties lacking ambitions of conquest and sabre-rattling to the scale of IS, and the country being largely devoid of Western/Russian interests. All that makes for uninteresting news coverage for Western/Russian-centric media, which leads to patchy coverage of that war.
>>
>>29241620
Funny how exactly the same thing was said about the afghan civil wars after the soviet withdrawal.
Noone paid attention because it was completely unimaginable that some pashtun hillbillies taking over the country would affect the west in any way whatsover
>>
>>29241734
It's amazing how mainstream Western worldviews and media are just as myopic now as they were 20, 30 years ago. Some things never change.
>>
>>29240643
Hey my fellow Yemen bro, you are not alone. Sometimes I feel these threads are just a bit too Houthi centric, which is fine as folks have their preferences.

But it gets annoying when we try to look up details like how many casualties the Houthis and Saleh military have taken during the Saudi invasion.
>>
File: 1410296779803.jpg (67 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1410296779803.jpg
67 KB, 768x1024
Good Morning Bump
>>
File: tRfpMcp.jpg (103 KB, 1024x550) Image search: [Google]
tRfpMcp.jpg
103 KB, 1024x550
Warning; this shit was actually fucking sad to look at

https://twitter.com/DrPartizan_/status/708632602274562048

>ISIS sending LITERAL children on suicide missions
>>
>>29244002
>all those people saying it should be censored
Fucking pussy ass westerners I swear.
>>
>>29244452
yeah yeah me so tough me so experience war me sooo TOUGH

Shut up, nerd.
>>
File: DAsSy.jpg (57 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
DAsSy.jpg
57 KB, 640x640
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LijSJUzM1dw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-_36HrwvqE
>>
>>29244002
Christ. Fuckin Jihadis man. This is why I'm totally fine with just bombing them from the air. No glorious marytrdom in getting blown the fuck up by something you can't see or fight.
>>
>>29242978
Chances of being put on a watch list for buying anything with an ISIS flag on it?
>>
>>29244002
Every kid that is currently in IS hands now should be considered a lost cause. Especially those "jihadi lion cubs" that were on videos, beheading and shooting pows. To wait for a day when they will in 5/10/20 years snap and blow themselves up in lone wolf attacks is too big of a risk. They are enemy combatants now and have to be treated as such.
>>
>>29245201
Slightly higher than frequenting these threads.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 81

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.