[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I into hunting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1440593553721.jpg (187 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1440593553721.jpg
187 KB, 1024x768
Besides eating the deer, what else can I do with it? Are the pelts of any value, or can I make stuff out of it?

But most importantly, can I learn how to "process" it in hunting classes (not sure if that's the right term)?
>>
>>29190980
shoot it, field it, freeze it, eat it.
>>
>>29190980
mount its stupid head
>>
>>29190980
just don't cut into the stomach.
look online how to field dress its not hard
take it to a butcher.
just make sure you keep something of the animal that will prove its gender.
>buck=antlers
>cow eld=vag
if you're hunting for a big boy take a guide with you he will know all that stuff.
>>
>>29191036
no room to put it.
>>29191049
If i'm gone for days, are there ways to preserve the meat?
>>
Make friends with rednecks. Have them show you how to do it.

You'll have to be able to handle the banter. They're like brits or aussies.
>>
As someone who has hunted their whole life, really the only way for someone to into hunting effectively is to know people who hunt. Googling "how to hunt" is gonna give you shit results and you'll never see anything. Once you have acquired a buddy who hunts, get into a club, get to know the guys, and tell no one of your spot.
>>
>>29191303
This.

Find a redneck, or coworker, or hell even a farmer you can entice with cool guns, and ask them for some hands on advice.

Otherwise, go shoot a few dove and redneck clean. I.e. Take your thumb and shove it up underneath their chest and yank the breast. You'll get the basics for cleaning large game, you basically cut the stuff that looks like meat off after you open up the gut and drop the stuff you can't eat.
>>
sell the pelts on etsy, you can easily make a living being a 21st century trapper anon
>>
>>29192410
really? that would be a not so bad side job/income
>>
>>29192431
Not the guy you're replying to but no. You'd need permits to shoot more than the average joe and even then you will need buyers for selling pelts. Otherwise you'd have to set up a cart on the side of the road by the nearest farmers market selling shit they could get for the same price next door. And the guy next door would have experience.
>>
>>29192527
>You'd need permits to shoot more than the average joe
Well it'd be a side hustle anyways right?
>>
>>29192410
different anon here, but can someone chime in on this?
>>
>>29193527
had a quick look.
only way to make real money is by having high quality hides.

most products are ready made (drums, antlers, belts etc.) and I don't see many here doing those kinds of arts and crafts in a big enough way to earn a living.
>>
>>29193622
Would this apply for coyotes, bears, or other animals?
>>
>>29193629
don't know, only checked deer hides.

will go out a limb and guess a bear skin rug will sell for more than a coyote or a stack of fox hide.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.