[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When carrying a gun in your car if you keep it in your glove
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
When carrying a gun in your car if you keep it in your glove compartment where do you keep your license and registration?
>>
>>29179146
in my glove department
>>
>>29179146
Do you not keep your licence in your wallet and you wallet on your person?
>>
>>29179154
What if the cop kills you cause he thinks you are reaching for your gun?

>>29179177
Yes my wallet with my license in it is in my pocket
>>
>>29179146

I keep my gun in the center console.
>>
>>29179146
nogun here, but I'd probably keep registration under the sun visor, my license is always in my wallet which is in my pant pocket.
>>
>>29179184
Don't be a spaghetti spilling fag and inform him I have a gun in the glove box where my registration also is. Problem solved
>>
tape holster to top of inside of glove box, registration/mvi in the glove box as usual. only someone specifically looking for your substitute penis would find it in there.

Also helps to not be black.
>>
>>29179184
So if you keep your licence in your wallet, which is in your pocket, then why the hell would it matter if you stuck your gun in the glove compartment? Think anon, I trust you can do this.
>>
>>29179242
registration and insurance.
>>
>>29179250
>he doesn't clip it to his visor

Kill yourself.
>>
>>29179250
Registration in the center console and my insurance also stays in my wallet. Why store anything in the glove box? I don't want to reach over there, my seat is too comfy for that.

>>29179266
>clipping it to the visor
>now you can't use it with an open window or all you shit gets lost
Smart man.
>>
>>29179266
why the fuck would you clip it to your visor? The visor is for blocking the motherfucking sun not for storing important documents.
>>
>>29179146
Never been asked to see a "registration"
Normally those stickers on are the plates
>>
>>29179280
yeah that works. I don't really get pulled over enough for me to need registration that often, and cetner console is where receipts and shit accumulate, I'd probably lose it during a routine cleaning or something.
>>
>>29179280
>>29179294
a lot of cars have a pocket there for the express purpose of keeping the registration there
>>
>>29179324
I have never once in my life seen a pocket on a car visor that wasn't an aftermarket cd wallet thing. There's usually a personal mirror on the one side.
>>
File: 1456039637578.jpg (107 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1456039637578.jpg
107 KB, 720x960
>>29179146
I keep my gun wedged in between my seat and center console. Where any sane person would keep it. I also carry it in my shoulder holster if I'm wearing one.

Also, strapping a holster under your steering column is perfectly acceptable for trucks.
>>
>>29179146
3, 6, 9, damn you're fine move it to you sing it to me one mo time
get low
get low
get low
get low
>>
>>29179146
Registration stays in the glove compartment, wallet stays in the top part of the center console, gun stays in the bottom part of the center console.

Not sure why you'd want a gun somewhere that you have to lean all the way across your vehicle to get to.
>>
>>29179302
Some cops are lazy or can't see the sticker very well. For example I live out of town on a gravel road. My plates will occasionally get enough dust on them that you can't read them.

>>29179321
Seriously? If you kept your interior clean you wouldn't have to worry about that sort of shit.

>>29179324
See
>>29179340

Either way if I had shit clipped to my visor I'd be worried about it getting blown off. I like to drive fast with the windows down.
>>
>>29179280
>>29179294
I meant the inside of the visor, the part that meets the top when folded in.

Also
>not owning sunglasses
>actually needing to use the visor
Kek
>>
It's in my glove box. With my gun.
"I just want you to know office that I also have a concealed pistol in my glove box where my registration and insurance are. We can do this however you like"
>>
>>29179427
I wear prescription glasses. Less of a hassle to just move the visor over. Also saves me the roughly $200 I'd have to spend just to not use my visor. Which has no other use than blocking the sun. Storing papers up there is retarded no matter how you do it.
>>
>>29179437

"Step out of the car Sir. Keep your hands where I can see them."
>>
>>29179340
last four or so of my mother's cars (what can I say, she keeps buying lemons from gypsies...) have had a pocket on driver's visor, I have also seen them in plenty of other cars.
>>
>>29179483
Can do.
Although that wouldn't happen where I live.
>>
>>29179504

If I was a cop, I wouldn't let you put your hands directly next to a gun.
That'd be retarded.
>>
>>29179513
You could also ask me to keep my hands visible, walk around to the other side of my car, open the glove box, and secure my firearm for the duration of the stop?

Jesus you're stupid.
>>
>>29179472
Works for me. Sorry about having nigger-tier eyes and poorfag status. I'll pray for you, God bless.
>>
>>29179541

>You could also ask me to keep my hands visible, walk around to the other side of my car, open the glove box, and secure my firearm for the duration of the stop?

Then I have to totally take my eyes off of you while I walk around the car, use up one hand to open your door (I should have one on my flashlight and one on my firearm), reach into your glove box and find your shit, while taking my eyes off you again.

Yeah, I don't think so.
>>
>>29179562
>paying $200 for sunglasses instead of just using the visor
>not saving that money for a new gun or to buy ammo

Why the fuck are you on /k/?
>>
>>29179573
Yea, no. I sure as hell wouldn't have to take my eyes off you to walk around the car. I also always turn on my interior lights during a stop at night and leave my hands on the wheel at all times. No need for the light. Assuming it's night, which I didn't realize it was.
I've been pulled over 15+ times for various things. 5 of them with my firearm. Never have I ever been asked to exit the vehicle. Never have they drawn on me. I've also never gotten a ticket, and all the cops around here know me, my family, and my car.
Hence
>that wouldn't happen where I live
>>
>>29179513
>If I was a cop
>was a cop
>was

Good thing you're not a cop. Every encounter I've had while carrying with LEOs has been handled by simply announcing that I have a CCP, I'm carrying, and I'm going to unload my weapon and place it in plain view. Because that's standard courtesy. Don't be a sperg when dealing with LEOs. They have to deal with everyone else's shit and really don't want to deal with yours.
>>
>>29179607

>sun in my eyes
>drop the visor
>sun is perfectly positioned in gap between visor and A-pillar
>>
>>29179607
Because I'm not poor.

And where did I even say I spend $200 on sunglasses? I just get a $40 pair from Dick's or something.
>>
>>29179624

>Yea, no. I sure as hell wouldn't have to take my eyes off you to walk around the car. I also always turn on my interior lights during a stop at night and leave my hands on the wheel at all times. No need for the light. Assuming it's night, which I didn't realize it was.

There is absolutely no way you can watch someone's hands 100% of the time as you walk around their car.

>I've been pulled over 15+ times for various things.
Wow son. Learn to fucking drive.

>5 of them with my firearm. Never have I ever been asked to exit the vehicle. Never have they drawn on me. I've also never gotten a ticket, and all the cops around here know me, my family, and my car.
>pulled over 15 times
>no tickets
Either you're passing out blowjobs or full of shit.
>>
>>29179635

Your cops are lazy as fuck.
>>
File: 1431451318254.png (1 MB, 768x960) Image search: [Google]
1431451318254.png
1 MB, 768x960
>>29179364
2 THA WINDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>29179646
I guarantee you could move your head, visor, or seat just a tiny fraction of an inch and get it out of your face.

>>29179654
>what are quote chains
If you read a bit you would realize that I wear prescription glasses. Which means prescription sunglasses. Those run about $200.
>>
>>29179146
Yes. And you just tell the officer that you have your legal ccw in there, put it on the floor, get your registration out, and let him go back to beating up brown people in peace.
>>
>>29179427
I do own polarized sunglasses. Still need the visor some days.

>>29179410
what part of "routine cleaning" do you not understand?
>>
>>29179696
>If you read a bit you would realize that I wear prescription glasses. Which means prescription sunglasses.

Or you pay ten fucking dollars for a clip-on pair specifically for driving, like a sane person.
>>
>>29179660
You're right. A car's pillars will stop you for fractions of a second. I'm a white male driving a nice, clean sedan, with a last name that everyone in my town's police force knows, who has just informed you I'm concealing a weapon. If you have a brain in your head you're not going to be too worried about me doing something really stupid.
L2D. Ya, because having tabs expired, speeding,headlights out means I can't drive.
I made the blowjob joke to my now girlfriend on my first date when she didn't believe me about 15 times. Honest to the god. 15+ times. Not even a written warning. Be polite, sound remorseful, and lie through your fucking teeth about this never happening before. I got caught doing fucking -80- in a 40 and I got off with a "please slow it down" because I don't have anything on my record. Yet.
I've had my license for 7 years.
>>
>>29179340
BMW 3 series (not a pocket per se, but the loop does the same job):
https://static.varaosahaku.fi/image/370/a/85/1ab44a/path/mnt/newftp/805/fibdb/bild/lgnr/43798%281%29.jpg/BMW%203-Series,%202001%20-%20H%C3%A4ik%C3%A4isysuoja%20/%20Aurinkolippa.jpg

Lada 110 (shitty pic, but you can still see the pocket):
http://vanha.varaosahaku.fi/img/a/240/a/fcb5c8/path/mnt/newftp/819/fibdb/bild/lgnr/51063%281%29.jpg/lada_110,_111,_112_2002_h%EF%BF%BD%EF%BF%BDik%EF%BF%BD%EF%BF%BDisysuoja_/_aurinkolippa.jpg
>>
>>29179146
>carrying proof of insurance of registration
>ever

I put that fucking sticker on my plate, suck my balls with your little slip of paper. If me showing you my insurance on my phone is a problem; again, suck my balls.

And good thing I have my gun handy all the way across my fucking truck, thats not insane of anything.
>>
>>29179759

>with a last name that everyone in my town's police force knows
We get it anon, you have special privileges with the police because they know you.
You get to break as many traffic laws as you want, and don't need to worry about how they'll react to you having a gun within arm's reach.
You can stop bragging on the internet now.
>>
>>29179763
your links are weird and european so I'm going to assume it's a common thing on EUDM but not USDM.
>>
>>29179784

Enjoy getting a ticket and having to go to traffic court to get it dismissed, I guess.
>>
>>29179340
My bmw has one.
>>
>>29179784
They always ask for it despite it being on my plate.
>>
>>29179796
I made it very clear it wouldn't happen in my town. Anon was to argue, I'll argue.
>>
>>29179808
never had the problem.

In fact, I have actually had proof both on me, they ran my tags anyway because they will every fucking time, and guess what? Still went to jail!

The lady at the tag office fat fingered my vin so my insurance did not associate eith my tag, instantly voiding the registration she had just issued me .5 second earlier.

tldr: it does not matter what some slips of papers say, your tags still get checked
>>
>>29179862

No anon, it just wouldn't happen to YOU
>>
>>29179868

>Still went to jail!
Driving without proof of insurance is not an arrestable offense.
Nice try.
>>
>>29179878
Maybe anon's a cop or something.
>>
>>29179146
how can she see out of the car? I need to know
>>
>>29179146
In my wallet?
>>
>>29179897
tell that to the MPs of Fort Stewart
>>
>>29179146
2 glove compartments.

Gun is not in either.

It's either on me or in the center console.
>>
>>29179964

>MPs taking you to a police jail
lol no
>>
>>29179991
what is it called when you are handcuffed, driven to an MP station, and are forced to wait in a jail cell while your platoon sargeant drives 45 minutes to get you out?

whatever that is, I did that
>>
>>29180008
"Friday night in a Marine base" sounds about right
>>
>>29180008

So what you're saying is that MPs arrested you for not having proof of insurance?
Before you were implying it was the police.

I have no idea why MPs would care about that, but either way, it's irrelevant to anyone dealing with the real police.
>>
>>29180050
lifehack:
The P in MP stands for Police.

And what I am saying is relevant. I had two slips of paper that where, at the time they were created, accurate. At that time I did have registration and insurance. Thing is, things can change between the time those forms where created and now. For instance, I can get insurance, print off the insurance cards, then cancel my insurance the next day. I guess since I have that slip of paper I dont actually need insurance.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.