[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I buy one (SR 15 Mod2)?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: kac-1.jpg (11 KB, 620x197) Image search: [Google]
kac-1.jpg
11 KB, 620x197
I think I'm going to get one, especially for the improved gas system and how it is attached. Key Mod or M-Lok for the URX?
>>
>>29163529
>Should I buy one (SR 15 Mod2)?
Yes.
>Key Mod or M-Lok for the URX?
I'd lean towards the M-Lok, but if you can find a key mod version for less than the newer M-Lok, that would probably be worth it.

>tfw SR-15 fund turned into surprise car fund
>tfw have enough now to buy an SR-15 and 25
>tfw still car fund
>>
>>29163558
I was leaning towards M-Lok too, but I've heard from friends that it isn't as stable as Key Mod, but he wouldn't say how, just that I have to use both (he owns both). I want something that will work well, but I don't want dicks on my gun.
>>
>>29163641
Weird. I remember reading on instagram one of the carbine instructors (defoor, mcnamara, mcphee? not sure which) saying he had another keymod bipod get sheared off and that it isn't the first time it has happened with keymod stuff.

Don't think it really matters either way. Both are at least decent and most companies make product versions for both. Plus you can always sell it and buy the other for probably not more of a loss than $100.

Just go M-Lok and tell yourself you did it for the MOE grip over the A2.
>>
>>29163641
So far as I can tell M-LOK is proving to be more durable. There are a number of people who have ruined keymod rails by installing accessories backwards or other shit, but with the M-LOK interface being the way it is, it's extremely hard to fuck up.
>>
File: IMG_9039.jpg (1 MB, 3508x3508) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9039.jpg
1 MB, 3508x3508
>>29163529
>especially for the improved gas system and how it is attached

Go for it man!

When it comes to the SR15, I would personally get the keymod, for a few different reasons. With only the KDG KINECT MLOK attachments being the exception, I generally prefer the keymod attachment, which are solid when getting correctly designed keymod attachments.

Also, the Keymod SR15 is cheaper, and comes with a SOPMOD instead of a shitty awful MOE stock, and KAC rail panels instead of Magpul.

Either way is a great choice.
>>
>>29164462
basically if you're dumb, get mlok
>>
>>29165911
>Keymod is cheaper
I noticed that, Sopmod is more comfy too. I ditched Magpul stocks for them a while ago.
>>
File: 1450399909125.gif (2 MB, 162x149) Image search: [Google]
1450399909125.gif
2 MB, 162x149
>tfw can't afford kac

If I could only have one semi auto .308, it would be an sr25
>>
>>29166064
Don't feel too bad, I'm selling my other 2 ARs and using my EOTech refund to buy the SR 15. Well, I'm selling the ARs, and then I'll replenish my savings with the refund whenever I get it.
>>
question for you guys with sopmods: do they get wobbly the farther out you extend them? I have a sopmod bravo (the cheap one) and it's tight when you're on the first few positions but past that it wobbles.
>>
>>29163529
I would say they are a bit over priced at 2k, if you can get one for 1500, then hell yes.

I would look at LMT, Colt or noveske or DD then add what you want.

KAC's really nice though I have 4 ARs and was thinking of trading my sa58 FAL + 300$ for one but decided I would not gain anything over an LMT but again if its your first one or you are selling shitty ars to pay for it why not?
>>
>>29163529
Honestly I liked the URX 3 more than the new generic shirty looking penis silhouette and mlok
>>
>>29166283
Well I have a franken gun and a DD upper gun already, I'm gonna sell those to fund the KAC. I like to tinker a lot with my guns so the gas system and how simple it is to work on, as well as its ability to be tuned for a softer shooting rifle is a big draw to me. Roll and taper pins aren't a big deal, but if I can get rid of them, then sweet. I also want a fully built factory rifle. My rifles are fine, but in the back of my head I feel like they are amateur projects.
>>29166740
Where is his front sight?
>>
>>29165930
Fair enough but I don't see that keymod has any meaningful advantages over MLOK.
>>
>>29167518
URX 3's front sight is built into the rail. The guy in this photo seems to have his covered by the peq15
>>
>>29167518
Gas system was tuned KAC to be softer shooting* is what I meant. I've been drinking.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.