[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PREPPING GENERAL: get in here, prepped /k/omrades. Discuss everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (210 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
210 KB, 1200x630
PREPPING GENERAL: get in here, prepped /k/omrades. Discuss everything from firearms to BOB's to food storage.

>b-but we live in the most peaceful time ever - nothing bad will ever happen to me

people with this mindset are setting themselves up for failure.
>>
>>29160344
>stuck in bongistan
>no guns here that i can easily reach
>none of my gear with me because couldn't get it on a plane

i'm going to die lads
>>
>>29160373

UK died a while ago. Your just on life support.
>>
>>29160382

>UK died a while ago. Your just brain dead and on life support.

Fixed that for you
>>
>>29160382
>>29160475
>UK died a while ago. You're just brain dead and on life support.

Fixed that for you

Fixed your fix senpai
>>
File: shitty kangaroo.jpg (73 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
shitty kangaroo.jpg
73 KB, 620x349
>>29160382
I'm at university here. My kit at home is:

1) AR 7 and about 300 rounds for it
2) Probably two to three week's worth of MREs
3) Standard first aid kit (usual stuff, bandages etc)

I live near open moorland filled with sheep, so the plan is to head up there and shoot any if I need to. There's also some wild wallabies that escaped from a zoo a few years back and have bred like crazy, so I might hunt them.

Got a few other friends who are really into shooting and hunting, so the plan is to meet up somewhere in our village and just head out into the wilds.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 620x400
Bumping with an image from a shit film (novel is much better).
>>
>>29160344
I'm hype for 10 Cloverfield Lane. I've wanted a sequel to Cloverfield since I saw it in theaters. And while this isn't a sequel it's still nice to see "a blood relative" come out.
>>
>>29160569
The Road was one of the few books i had to read in school that I liked, the other was The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
>>
>>29160544
Hunting wallabies sounds like fun. Do you need a license for that or can you hunt them as an invasive species?
>>
>>29160654
No, but you can't hunt on Sundays and at night without a permit. Main problem with hunting wallabies is that they typically end up in private land or on one of the nature reserves, but I know a few people who've shot some on their land. They pretty much fill the same role as deer in the ecosystem, since there aren't any native deer left after overhunting in the Middle Ages.
>>
>>29160544
I am also at a university's in Texas but I'd have to make my way to east Louisiana. About 300 miles of a lot of nothing and swamp.

Walking I'd figure it would take me a week to 10 days, so I would drive as far as I could. I could also follow the coast if I found a boat, I know how to sail.

All I have with me know is a case of water in my car, some granola type bars, and a single revolver with 50 rounds.

Once I get home, depending on the situation, I'll sail the boat I have at home and go to one of the many different possible locations.
>>
>>29160654
Probably can't kill them if they escaped from the zoo. They would have to be doing damage to the environment or to someone's home or crops before they become invasive. Of course in a survival situation that shit doesn't matter
>>
>>29160709
Probably want to invest in some type of rifle. Maybe a .22 for small game? Or maybe an AR for hunting and self defense. Not that your revolver isn't good, just probably want something bigger
>>
File: 1455559541200.jpg (175 KB, 548x385) Image search: [Google]
1455559541200.jpg
175 KB, 548x385
I don't really prep per se, but I do keep a flecktarn rucksack ready with a change of durable clothes, 6 mres, 1 lifestraw, 5 40 round mags, 2 20 round, 3 mags for P99 and holster, adderall, and my V93 nearby.

I really need to figure out my water situation, anyone have luck with those milsurp camelbacks?

Requesting any infographics related to tacticool go-bags, I have a feeling I'm missing a lot.
>>
>>29160744
Well at home I have quite an Arsenal. That just what I have at Uni.
>>
>>29160373

On the bright side, you're going to be raped by jihadis beforehand, so at least you'll get laid first.
>>
>>29160344
>we live in the safest most stable period of time ever

We do.

Having said that, I keep ammo, food, water, and basic medical/building supplies around the house/garage.

I'm no "prepper" but I live in Hurricane country so it's not uncommon to go a week or two without the ability to buy anything.

Having said that, should the
>world end with no chance of it going back to the way it was in the short term future

Then I'd be fucked, but I dont expect a habbening to habbening like that. I'd rather pay off the house, buy land, invest in a more plausible future than prepare for the ruskies to invade or the US government to go full on Waco errywhere.
>>
>>29161231
>I really need to figure out my water situation, anyone have luck with those milsurp camelbacks?
Get a bag that accommodates a bladder. I recommend the Source brand bladders since they have quick detach hosing and the top fully opens for easy cleaning/filling, especially if you need to fill from a reservoir or stream.
>>
>>29160344

> being in a bunker with Mary Elizabeth Winstead
> implying I would ever leave
>>
>>29163664

Gulf Coast here, too.

I ramp up purchasing dry goods, water and various hurricane stuff starting in spring. If we haven't used it in fall, it gets used up then.
>>
>>29160344
AMA regarding first aid
I require asians with huge tits in minimal clothing as tribute
>>
>>29160344
from which movie is this?
>>
I love guys whose "plan" consists of grabbing a gun, backpack, and canteen and head innawoods to "live off the land." You've got to be in a VERY remote place to not already be well above the area's carrying capacity.

Cannibalism is a much sounder plan.
>>
>>29164275
10 Cloverfield Lane
>>
>>29161231
geigerrig

>thank me later
>>
File: 20160305_193733.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160305_193733.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
Have a weeks worth of food/watter in a closet and this. I will probly die 2 or 3 weeks after the habbening
>>
I live just north of Los Angeles in a coastal city, during rush hour cars usually move about an average of about 10-15mph over a 30 mil distance/average. I'm assuming during an actual catastrophe all roads will be gridlocked and it would be faster to travel on foot if travel was actually necessary.

Its always been my philosophy that staying put whenever possible would be the best way to go. Unless there's something like katrina with 20 feet of water, or wildfires forcing people to leave, going innawoods with a million other people who have never done so would be equally catastrophic.

Assuming best case, the first few days I'd be fine with a few cans of spam, I always have about 2-3 gallons of water in the apartment (frozen water bottles, tea kettle, pitchers of water, ice cubes. I've got a gas stove, rice and beans, canned beans and vegetables, and usually enough food for about a week.

If authorities were going door to door forcing people to leave for whatever reason, I think I would have to comply with my emergency backpack with rudimentary survival items, but no real food or water implements, and slowly make my way back home.

I always feel alone when reading BoB/prepping threads.
>>
File: 1456771227546.jpg (126 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1456771227546.jpg
126 KB, 640x640
>>29164448
The goal is to "stay in" until the last possible moment, unless there is imminent catastrophe. You can't just sit in your house to starve, and if you make supply runs you WILL be followed back. Sure resources are finite innawoods but innacity you will have to fight for those resources.
>>29163716
I will do that, some of these bag options go well with the sadf chest rig.
>>29164186
What is the extent of medical supplies that should be carried by someone not formally trained in first aid?
Not Asian sorry :/
>>
File: bunker-idea.jpg (56 KB, 612x792) Image search: [Google]
bunker-idea.jpg
56 KB, 612x792
basically my setup idea once i get the rights to use the tunnel.
>>
>>29161231
Canteens are a good solution for water. I have an old 2qt that was my grandpa's and use it all the time camping, hunting, and fishing; when I'm not using it it's with my BOB
>>
>>29160344
>Mary Elizabeth Winstead
Automatic good thread
>>
>>29164149

THIS GUY RIGHT HERE HAS THE ANSWER
>>
>>29164448
It's like they never even tried figuring out how many square miles of howling wilderness it takes to support one neckbeard.
>>
>>29160344
I stockpile SPAM cans (no, not 54R, real SPAM).

Shit's delicious.
>>
>>29166639
sucks that the movie is by JJ "I can't make good movies" Abrams
>>
>>29165100
well if its for an ifak for personal use then usually the biggest problem youre going to face is tissue trauma and bleeding. gauze is great, but in a pinch tampons plug gun shot wounds and heavy flow mazi pads are a great cheap alternative to abd pads (the giant dressings used on larger surgical incisions)
if in thr bush id toss in something called loperimide but the brand name is imodium. its an antidiarrheal and diarrhea can lead to major dehydration which is something to generally be avoided.
if a first aid kit is to be used in the home, then enough supplies for trauma for 3-5 people is ideal. in addition to the gauze and wraps, id add ace wraps, cold compresses (not ice packs, the snap and shake kind) splints, duct tape for dressing adhesion, maxi pads, tampons, and a well stocked medicine cabinet consisting of pain relievers (pro tip: aspirin relieves pain but tylenol/acetaminophen relieves pain and lowers fevers) calcium bicarbonate (tums) because not only does it alleviate gerd, the calcium bicarbonate can be used as a calcium supplement when diet is less tham well balanced (read the active ingredient in your meds, some are sodium bicarbonate) as well as a supply of prescribed meds when available.

some techniques to look into are basic first aid (fuckingr youtube is a goldmine) basic cpr as well as the heimlich maneuver (its worth the money to take the three day class, it really is)

last pro tip
>how to make home made quick clot gauze
get 4x4 gauze
soak in vinegar
drop soaked gauze in a bowl of 100% cayenne pepper and let that shit cake on real good
place gauze on a paper plate and cover with saran wrap
let air dry for 2-4 days
you now have quick clot gauze
>to use
apply gauze
place abd pad or maxi pad over gauze
press firmly
in 20 seconds to 1 minute bleeding will stop
secure with tape
get back in the fight

pic was acceptable
>>
>>29164900
In any sort of social breakdown, I give it 2-3 days MAX for the scum that is Los Angeles ghetto neighborhoods to travel out into the rich white suburbs to fuck shit up. Being buffered from that shithole by the SCV and the Northridge/Sylmar area, and 30 miles of essentially empty mountains. I figure I have 1-3 months until I have to worry about them specifically, although I would already be worrying about a portion of 500k people that live in the Lancaster/Palmdale area wanting to take a road trip to check out some of the towns further north. I give myself 4 days for these people based on the lesser percentage of scum that live there.
I would suggest that the second that you sense SHTF that you get out, because if you wait until everyone else does, your chances drop quickly.
Also, in SoCal water will be more precious than women, medicine, guns or food. I may or may not have a few 55gal drums and cases of water set aside. I plan on grabbing as much water as safely possible, before anything else. And yes I would consider robbery/shady actions to get large amounts of water if the opportunity presented itself.
For food I have a large, inconspicuous storage container on the side of my house that contains food staples, as well as 2 fully stocked fridge/freezers(whose perishable items will be traded if possible, or eaten before anything else is touched), and 2 stocked pantries.
I definitely plan to 'bug in' for a while, but will leave when I see fit to do so.
>>
>>29165645
>insolated
>entrence
>>
>>29160544
Where is this

I wanna get stoned and hang out with miniroos
>>
>>29170343
they won't mind, they just sit around rocks n shit

>>29160717
They don't damage enviro, they just hang around rocks n shit

Proper kangaroos are the ones that get shot
>>
>>29160344
I live in southern Cuckifornina, and although the I'm not by any means a prepper, I keep 2 weeks of food and as much bottled water as my stubby little fingers can grab.

I also kept lots of gear from the army, and have purchased more to supplement what I had to turn in.

>Am I expecting
>zombies?
>Russians
>Chinese?
>best Koreans?
>mexican'ts?
>the purge?

Negative.

But I wholly believe that if my area suffered a catastrophic natural disaster that made it impractical for police to traverse the city and trophy wives to get to their yoga classes, shit could kick off, rather quickly.

Nobody around here stockpiles anything besides expensive booze.
Most of us are ripe for the picking.

>but not me, boys. Not me.

I'll be hiding at home. Hoping no one comes looking.
>>
>>29160621
The Alchemist is shit tier psuedo religious psychodrible
>>
>>29160654
>>29160708
>>29160717

Shit hits the fan and you faggots are debating the merits of hunting without a permit
>>
>>29172916

Ok so basically this anon.
>>29164900
Makes the same argument in a much better way.

I live just south of LA.
>>
>>29172916
I'm with ya dude. If a large earthquake or tsunami or actual riots happen, most people will be beside themselves begging the government for aid and help.
>>
>>29172916
you are overdue for a mega earthquake. so whenever that happenes, southern california is going down the tube. the national guard couldnt even control it when some niggers got mad about their homie getting beat by cops, what makes you think the national gov will have a handle on things in the event of an all out free for all following a 9.0 quake
>>
>>29160344
You guys ever consider make your own powder or is that complicated beyond feasibility?
>>
>>29173051
actual black gunpowder is easy to make, people were making that shit in the 1500s with no technology. smokeless gunpowder that we use in cartridges today, much too complicated for the average person. besides, what good is that if you cant make your own primers?
>>
>>29173071
and if you stockpiled primers, why didnt you just stockpile powder too
>>
>>29169270
Yknow I would've guess the influx of people would go from north to south, with Lancaster/Palmdale flooding the Rosamond/Mojave area for the farms and space. Either way, good setup.
>>
>>29168859
capsaicinoids promote blood flow, moron
>>
>>29173071
>>29173078
Makes sense.
Much easier to keep it simple.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.