[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ITT: Discussion of the word "Assault" Was getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 1455638916233.jpg (8 KB, 250x202) Image search: [Google]
1455638916233.jpg
8 KB, 250x202
>ITT: Discussion of the word "Assault"

Was getting ammo yesterday when I happened to over hear some hipster shit ask to see an "assault rifle". With mounting curiousity I poked my head over the shelf and saw him pointing at a fucking .22lr(or mag who knows) SCAR. Being with a bad mood that day because I found out i over paid on a coin, I approached him and began a fakingly-friendly course of questions
>[After numerious light hearted questions] So, why makes you think this is an assault weapon?
Well look at it my man, it has military grade written all over it. Look at the assault switch on the side here. [In which he pointed to the fire selector switch] This is what makes it go to full auto with only a few holes drilled
>Gun Counter Worker's coin drops and his eye brows start to furrow
>GCW starts to ask the guy how much weapon experience he has and to try and guess the caliber of the weapof hes holding
Ah my man, this AK fires 7.62 doesn't it?
>Angry poker faces from each GCW and I
>Hipster asks to see the "Weird looking Assault Rifle"
>Hes pointing at a fucking Tavor
>Proceed to just blow his shit out of the water

But thats not the part of story we're going to discuss. What the hell is up with the term Assault being thrown in on any weapon that even winks of being military grade? The term Assault is simply to koce forward and attack a defended positition [basically]. Would you call a musket from the colonial war an Assault Musket because it has a fucking bayonet on it? Wouls you call a short spear an Assault Spear because it was handier for short ranged attacks? I mean I dont get this fucking meme
>Ubunga goes to stick store and buy legal stick
>Ubunga slap obsidian tip on spear
>Wrap black mohlee leather around stick for high capacity grip
>Blacken shaft for cosmetix effect
>Stick is now assault stick

I just dont understand why the media ans no-guns stick the word ASSAULT on weapons, or the absurdity of saying HIGH CAPACITY
>>
>>29158253
[Con]... saying HIGH CAPACITY. I mean wouldn't any rifle above a trap door breech or a magazine-less rifle be of high capacity?!
>>
>>29158302
Well done. You really moved me
>>
>>29158253
>Implying we all havn't been there before
>Be me, 1943, Eastern-Front.
>Was getting drink for Sturm yesterday when I happened to see some communist shit ask to see an "assault gun". With furious hatred I poked my head over the trench and saw him pointing at a fucking T-34 (or Turret who knows) Tank. Being with an unacceptable blitzkreig mood that day because I found out the French made better reversing tanks than us, I yelled at him and began an onslaught of superior facist remarks
>[After numerous light hearted very funny German jokes with Sturm] So, why makes you think communist medium tanm is assault gun?
>"Well look at it you dirty Facist, it has Stalin-grade written all over it. Look at the assault handle on the side here. [In which he pointed to the infantry protective mechanism] This is what makes it go to full armour with only a few men lost
>Great German Officer's MP-40 drops and his eye brows start to heil the fuher
>GGO starts to shout words of great heroism at the guy how much war experience he has and to try and guess the penetration of the gun he is mounting
>Facist bastard, this 76mm gets 300mm of penetration. Enough to kill Tigers.
>Angry panzergrenadier faces from each GGO and I
>Russian asks to see the "Godly looking Assault Gun"
>Hes pointing at a fucking Panther
>Proceed to just blow his shit out of the water, literally
>>
File: 1455512653333.gif (2 MB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
1455512653333.gif
2 MB, 450x253
>>29158602
Fucking cracked a rib reading that
>>
>>29158253

It is nothing but a fear mongering tactic used by liberals to raise support for anti gun legislation. Has no basis in reality. Same thing with high capacity magazines. The term is entirely subjective. I could say a 100 round drum is not enough boolits for me and that only 200 belt is high capacity. It's all feeling based bullshit used to scare lesser, ignorant people.
>>
>>29158616
>Bro that 100rd drum is babby tier capacity
>Here try this high capacity 700rd belt fed backpack
>>
Pretty much all semi autos can be made full auto with a little machining and whatnot, but if you know how to do that then you can probably build your own sten from scrap metal.

After alcohol prohibition organized crime increased exponentially, and murder increased exponentially. Alcohol use remained constant, if not increasing.

After drug prohibition organized crime increased exponentially, and murder increased exponentially. Drug use remained constant, if not increasing.

After automatic weapon prohibition organized crime increased exponentially, and murder increased exponentially. The amount of full auto owners remained constant, if not increasing.

Prohibition is the definition of treating the symptom instead of the disease.
>>
>>29159104
Clearly the disease is humanity. We happen to have a cure for that
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 400x300
>>29159130
LORD I CANT CHANGE
WONT YOU FLY HIGH, FREE BIRD YEAH
>>
>>29159193
/k/e/k/
>>
>>29159130

Yes, we have a cure, but do we have a replacement?

And I'm sure in the beginning we thought humanity would be end all be all, so what's up say that the replacement won't be just as bad after the glow of new things has worn off?
>>
>>29158253
Just tell them Assault is an arbitrary term when labeling guns.

Then carry around one of those pencil grips and a black pencil, combine, and tell them now by their logic it is an assault pencil.

tl:dr just don't talk to people. They'll do whatever shit they can do cause whatever.
>>
>>29158253
>Discussion of the word "Assault"
IT HAS THE WORD "ASSAULT" IN IT, BAN IT!!!!!!!!
BAN THE WORD "ASSAULT"!!!!!!
>>
>>29158631
You laugh, but this is the reality of airshit.
>30 Rds is low cap for AEGs
>100 Rds is the border for low/mid cap
> 300 Rds is the border for mid/high cap
The standard drum can hold anywhere from 1000 to 5000 rounds
>>
>>29159193
Fuck, that was a terrible movie.
>>
File: ead116847b61.jpg (127 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
ead116847b61.jpg
127 KB, 533x800
>>29158253
Why does everyone have to give them such a hard time about it? If they like the "assault" designator, why not let them have it?

It does not seem all that weird.

Something that makes lots of fire, significantly more than you need to for something easily lightable? Assault lighters!

Much more than just hatchets optimal for chopping wood? Assault axes!

Big cars with fierce engines and bull bars? Assault vehicles!

And just politely explain to them that an assault rifle is like a hunting rifle designed to fire in 3 round bursts.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.