[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bought my first gun. What attachments are a must?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: MP15-Sport.jpg (1 MB, 5726x1950) Image search: [Google]
MP15-Sport.jpg
1 MB, 5726x1950
Just bought my first gun. What attachments are a must?
>>
shoulder thing that goes up
>>
File: 1233255977804.jpg (23 KB, 414x425) Image search: [Google]
1233255977804.jpg
23 KB, 414x425
>>29136189
A magazine.
>>
Flashlight, sling, red dot.
>>
>>29136200
Bullets
>>
>>29136189
none
learn to handle the weapon with iron sights before you dump the magpul catalog on it
>>
File: 600px-Strikeback-M4-1.jpg (84 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
600px-Strikeback-M4-1.jpg
84 KB, 600x338
>>29136189
Iron sights and a magazine.
>>
>>29136200
I have three
>>29136204
I have plenty of 223 to get it sighted in
>>
>>29136204
The bullets aren't going to propel themselves.
>>29136212
This.
>>
>>29136212
I've been shooting this weapon with iron sights for three years now (borrowing my friend's)
>>
>>29136225
What about yours? Have you shot yours with irons?
>>
>>29136189
stopping power, foregrip, and fitted stock

stability is always the best behind damage
>>
>>29136189
probably nothing. buy ammo and practice a lot. if there are hardware deficiencies holding you back, they'll become obvious.
>>
>>29136202
>a must
>2 things he'd use very rarely

Atta boy
>>
>>29136189
this was my first gun too! i thought the stock was wobbly af so most important is to get a new stock i got the magpul one that tightens
>>
>>29136244
Yeah, and you'd use your gun for how defence very rarely, if ever. Are you saying that we shouldn't own guns?

>sling
>used rarely
Have you ever tried going outside, Anon? Hiking with guns, hunting and going to rifle courses is fun as fuck. Same with shooting at night.
>>
>>29136258
Way to move the goal posts champ. I don't live in an area where I can do that. I load up my various cases and go to the range. I cannot shoot on said range after dark. Club rules. Saying things are a must when you don't even know the ops situation is a pretty big assumption. I get the practicality of owning both but for someone who just bought their first rifle i don't think those are anywhere near a necessity.

If he wants them it's his money, but assuming every shooters situation is the same as yours and they're going to be doing all of the same things you do is way too presumptuous
>>
>>29136189
>What attachments are a must?
A different upper.
>>
>>29136202
This
>>
>>29136225
then you tell us what it needs, when you were firing what did you wish it had?

did you want some kind of magnified optics?
a forward grip of some kind?
a shoulder thing that goes up?
rails on every inch of the gun so you can attach your flash light, laser, optics and BUIS, can opener, TV remote, spatula?
>>
>>29136282
>Way to move the goal posts champ.
I'm not moving posts, I'd like to know who I'm shooting before I actually shoot them. I'd rather not be second Pistorius.
And sling is always useful, because you also might want to do other shit with your hands while carting the rifle. Even something as trivial if the "burglar" was just a stray cat.
>>
>>29136282
>sling
>for someone who just bought their first rifle i don't think those are anywhere near a necessity
>Saying things are a must when you don't even know the ops situation

Holy shit this is a new low even for /k/.
>>
>>29136202
This, plus iron sights, 10 magazines, 1000 rounds and a railed handguard to mount the flashlight, maybe some kind of front grip too.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
>>29136189
>no forward assist
>no dust cover
>ruger ar556 exists
>>
>>29136189

>attachments
>>
>>29136306
>not moving posts
>you need this
>those might not be necessary
>well of those aren't necessary we just shouldn't even own guns right?!

Ooook. Look, I said I understand the practicality of both, and there's nothing keeping him from buying them if he feels the need. When I hunt I use a sling, I have a light for hd, but he just bought his first rifle and those things aren't necessities. Not every time people load up their guns are they going for a night romp through the woods with their rifle.

In fact outside of the autism that is this Nigerian blood diamond auction forum most people just shoot at the range. I'm not saying every shooters situation is the same and I'm glad that you get to use your guns the way you want but don't tell someone they need something that they might not
>>
>>29136369
>don't tell someone they need something that they might not

You know what, you autistic faggot?
In that case let's just delete the thread because anything anyone might recommend OP falls into that category.
>>
>>29136385
Sounds good he shouldn't have made it in the first place
>>
>>29136369
>might not be necessary
>using your rifle at night is a "might"
>not killing your neighbor is not neccessary
For fucks sake, it's his first gun, he doesn't know what fits him. I'm just recommending the three basic attachments everyone who's using their gun for hd should have.
>>
I do plan on having a sling, I would prefer to carry it to standing it against something when I'm out shooting.
The stock is quite wobbly so I'll defiantly have to use the magpul suggestion.
The magpul sights came with the gun so I wont complain there. You're right that I should shoot my own with iron first.
These were some great suggestions, my friends basically were telling me what I needed to paint it instead of giving me actual advice
>>
>>29136385
Oh look. It's angry.
>>
Bayonet and a school to aim at
>>
>>29136189
a rail and a dildo to install on said rail
>>
>>29136475
>hurr don't tell OP he needs sights, you don't know how he's going to use the rifle, maybe he only shoots from the hip, durr, everything is relative, herp, you don't know what fits OP, derp

You're damn right I'm angry.
>>
>>29136550
I already did that last night
>>
>>29136189
The Tac Sac

http://www.thetacsac.com/products/the-tacsac

Give that limp-dick AR a set of balls!
>>
>>29136189
2000 rounds of Wolf Gold or better
10 or more M3 20/30rnd PMags
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.