[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nagant Revolver
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: Nagant_Revolver.jpg (302 KB, 2270x1473) Image search: [Google]
Nagant_Revolver.jpg
302 KB, 2270x1473
Thinking of getting a Nagant Revolver. Took a stroll through Wikipedia but does anyone have any personal experience with it? Is it worth it?
>>
>>29122369
Heavy trigger, prone to misfires, ammo is kinda pricey, and inaccurate as fuck. Perfect for removing fascists. Get one if you're looking for some historic value and they are fun to shoot. Being able to add a suppressor is a plus
>>
I have shoot two separate one. Its a cool little gun. the action is little unique. its worth getting one for like the 50 dollars that were paid for the ones I shoot. Go to a place with a whole case and sort threw many to find one that seems the best,
>>
as a gun its a pile of shit
as a mechanical novelty its worth whatever amount you are willing to pay
>>
>>29122369
not worth it for the price they sell for now.
>>
Just fire it like it is a single action, and it is a decent revolver.
>>
>>29122369
Bought one for $90 a few years ago, worth it. Pretty bad as a gun, but kind of cool just to have.

Worst trigger I've ever touched. Underpowered, pricey round. Heavy and inaccurate. Uses a loading gate and ejects with a separate tool. However, you can run around and pretend you're a fucking commissar or some shit so it's worth it.
>>
Better than nothing. And if you are in haste, the trigger bits you.
>>
>>29122369
I kept one as a vehicle gun due to the low cost and risk of theft.

Honestly, they are shit. Novel shit. When people say that the trigger is bad, that is an understatement. Mine is (I have three, only shot one) had a 22-23lb DA trigger, tested with gym weights. Two tens and a 2.5lb. SA is somewhere around 10-15lb.

It actually shoots incredibly well with Russian surplus ammo, which is gone. Fiochi and PPU are both 12" at 15 yards, which is odd, since they used to be better. I have shot 32 H&R Magnum through it when nothing else was available. It was terrifying, but I didn't die.

As a shooting piece, buy something else. They are mechanically interesting and make a great conversation piece.
>>
It's a fedora gun
>>
I had one, gave it to my grandpa to use around his mining claim because his arthritic wrists are too bad to either cock an automatic, or handle recoil from my .357

He shot it at a moose that was acting like it was going to charge him and it ran off. No idea if its because he hit it or just the noise but hey, the best gun to have is the one you have with you so I guess it works out fine.
>>
>>29124711

Have you tried this old Russian/Soviet trigger fix?:
http://www.jaegerplatoon.net/Nagant_trigger_job.jpg
>>
>>29128091
gives a handgun with the heaviest trigger to his arthritic grandparent
>>
File: Holy Trinity.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Holy Trinity.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
They weren't worth the $80 they used to sell for.
>>
>>29128316
Hes the one who picked it out, hes got trouble with a limited range of motions in his wrist but nothing wrong with his fingers, and you guys make it sound like its some sort of monumental feat of athleticism to pull a trigger on one of those things. Its just noticably stiffer on double action is all, he doesnt seem to care.

He couldnt cock the 1911, and could hardly hold on to the .357, said he liked the nagant best.
>>
everything you want to know about the nagant revolver :
http://thenagantman.com/click-page-2.html
>>
>>29122369
>Anemic round
>Shitty trigger
>awkward as fuck reloading system

Im sure im just in an echo chamber with the other Anons but yeah, aside from being cheap af a few years ago and Muh Soviet glory, it was always a shitty design.
>>
>>29128589
cheap high powered revolver. this is its niche, its not a rare niche, and it fills the niche well

the single valid complaint is the trigger
>>
>>29128295
I might have to do that, though I have since gotten something else to take it's role and only use it as a conversation piece.
>>
>>29122369
I know the term "Meme Gun" is tossed around, but the Nagant revolver really is one of those guns.

Get one if you want the novelty, and pay as little as possible. If not, go with something else.
>>
I do have to agree with other here, It is not the best pistol out there at all whatsoever. The trigger pull is a bitch but if you have man hands it is functional, using like a single action would be your best bet. If this is your first gun i would steer clear unless you are getting it for cheap or just have heavy pockets. Reloading can be a pain still, I am however able to keep OK accuracy. I'm not going to say what I paid (I didn't know any better at the time.) but i do not regret it as a purchase, I rather like how odd and clunky it is. Good conversation starter too.
>>
>>29122404
>>29122434
>>29124711
>>29129157
http://youtu.be/kIePW1wYZds
>>
>>29122369
Mine is meh. I mean, I paid $120 for it so I can't complain. Its neat historically, but shooting is a pain. Heavy trigger, sights way the fuck off, reloading takes a good minute, and ammo has to be bought online. Not worth what they cost now desu
>>
Did you know you can suppress those?
>>
I have always have had fun with mine, 1945 Izhmash.

Trigger pull has never been an issue for me but it was my first handgun and I am not a manlet.

Accuracy is minute of chest at 15 yards, ammo expensive.

Still a fun one to shoot for me, always a talking piece at the range as well.

That all said I wouldn't pay more than $150 for one, got mine for $90 and it was worth it.
>>
Fucking shitheads.

It's an early smokeless revolver. Don't compare it to a Python or a modern S&W, that can fire modern magnum loads.
>>
>>29129867
reeeeeeee
>>
I wanted one a lot until my friend bought one and I got to shoot it. They are huge pieces of crap to shoot and they are definitely not worth more than the 100 dollars they used to sell for. Interesting design with the Gas seal though. They can also be converted to shoot 32ACP with a cylinder swap.
>>
>>29128723
>high powered
>7.62x38r
nigga are you high?
>>
>>29129867
Would you prefer I compare it to a Colt 1860 Navy? Because you can swap cylinders faster than reloading the 1895, you will never use the DA on the 1895 anyway, and the Colt has comparable ballistics. It was shit for it's time, it is shit now. Fun novelty toy only.
>>
>>29131622
is it a 22?
>>
>>29131717
Roundabout. .32 power, so powerful it is not.
>>
>>29131717
It has markedly less KE than current standard calibers, and about the same as the smaller revolvers of it's time. High powered implies higher power than is standard, which it has never been.
>>
if you can find one for around $100 sure
but they got expensive for some reason
>>
>>29128589
Its really a novel design.

I think it could be redone today in .22lr with polymers to reduce the trigger pull.
>>
I recently got one and I am happy with it. I also got a tin of Russian surplus ammo at 27cpr to shoot from it. It's fun as heck as a range plinker. Little recoil, heavy trigger pull. One problem is that with the surplus ammo you can end up with stuck cases. I have to pound them out with a hammer half the time. Accuracy isn't great but mine isn't as bad as a lot of others I have heard about. Maybe that's because it looks like it was never touched after it was refurbished.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.