[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shit will not hit the fan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: tactical-plunger.jpg (98 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
tactical-plunger.jpg
98 KB, 600x337
If you live in USA, Canada, the urban areas of South America and 99% of Europe a real SHTF scenario is extremely unlikely to happen.

In most places the worst you might experience is a power outage that lasts a couple of days and some people braking into shops because they know the security systems will not be working.

This is true even in case of natural disasters since the people who are not rescued within the first 48h would were probably in a situation where they would not survive even if they were the best of weekend operators.

If you live in any of the areas that I mentioned, statistically speaking learning how the stock market works and investing your money is a much better way of prepping than learning survival techniques and spending the money on operator gear.

At best you are just a guy who likes camping, and if you can admit to that it's all good. But at worst you are a paranoid maniac who watches too many zombie movies.

Prove me wrong /k/
>Pro tip: you can't
>>
>>29080051
>I don't know History: The Post
>>
>not realizing that all the candidates this year will cause a civil war at best, or WWIII at worst
>>
File: trumps-up.jpg (64 KB, 1180x842) Image search: [Google]
trumps-up.jpg
64 KB, 1180x842
>>29080082
US government is run by corporations, none of witch would benefit from a war on US soil.

There might be some turbulence caused by some of the candidates, I understand that there might be a cause for some turbulence there but I don't see any substantial evidence for an upcoming outright war.
>>
>>29080051
Maybe I will buy guns and you can keep crying about it.

>statistically speaking learning how the stock market works and investing your money is a much better way of prepping
This is by far the worst advice for people on /k/.
>>
File: 123.jpg (166 KB, 350x419) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
166 KB, 350x419
>>29080068
I do know history. That's why I realize every time anything goes bad we put measures in place to prevent it from happening again.

>>29080135
I'm not talking about gun ownership. I own guns myself and if I could afford the ammo I could punch holes in paper all day every day. I'm talking about doomsday preppers who have bug out bags hidden everywhere because things might go to shit at any moment.
>>
>>29080051
do you remember the winter of 98? my power was out for two weeks plus. I wouldn't call that shtf but still, these things do happen. luckily we had a hand pump for water in the front yard, and two wood stoves for heat and cooking. and a freezer full of meat that had to be eaten before it went bad, good times.
>>
I just keep a decent amount 9f canned food and rice on hand and go hiking and camping. It's always possible however slim that the shtf could happen but obsessing about it means you aren't living.
>>
>>29080119
There won't be widespread civil unrest a la Syria but you're a moron if you think its because any of the corporations lobbying people in government will it to be not so.
>>29080221
> That's why I realize every time anything goes bad we put measures in place to prevent it from happening again.
Just because you attempt to prevent it doesn't mean it will be prevented, if you're really a student of history, you should've known this.
Yes, preppers are retarded, and nobody needed a history degree or armchair philosophizing to deduce this.
>>
>>29080051
I live in Missouri.

Shit hit the fan on a regional level just 2 months ago when the Mississippi, Missouri, Big, and Meramec rivers flooded. Tens of thousands without power or clean drinking water. Riots and looting. Most interstates flooded and closed, evacuation was simply not possible. Approximately 8 billion dollars in property damage. 3 looters fatally shot, 7 home invasions, hundreds of muggings, hundreds of gas stations and grocery stores getting robbed, state-declared state of emergency, national guard deployed.

This happens nearly every year, because people are still retarded enough to build in the flood plains of two rivers that have flooded in a major way every single year since the area was settled in the 1850's, and probably before that too.
>>
>>29080051
>the worst you might experience is a power outage that lasts a couple days

Flood of '92. Power outage lasted 74 days at my home and other locations were without power for over 4 months.

Tornadoes ripped through East Saint Louis in 2004, demolishing the main power plant and 2 substations (as well as flattening over 400 houses and killing 107 people). Entire city was powerless for 21 days while they laid new lines to leach off St. Louis, parts of the city were out of power for as much as 124 days.

Winter of '98, Arnold MO was without power for 47 days.

Flood of '04. Parts of the IL river bottoms were without power over 30 days because they were completely under water over 30 days. Fortunately it was sparsely populated and everyone was able to evacuate.

Ferguson riots. Ferguson Township was without power for 17 days because some niggers molotov'd a substation, and the work crews refused to fix it while in the middle of a riot.
>>
>>29080051
>At best you are just a guy who likes camping, and if you can admit to that it's all good
I don't consider preparing for something that happens every single year plus something that happens an average of every 4 years where I live "paranoid".
>no clean water
>no electricity
>no evacuation that isn't on an ARNG helo or via jonboat, so all valuable possessions left behind
>rioting/looting armed timberniggers, niggers, and meth head hillfolk
>law enforcement personnel that thumb their noses at their civic, oathed, and contractual duties and evacuate first (abusing their positions in the process by running lights and sirens the whole way), leaving the common folk to fend for themselves

Don't think shit can hit the fan any harder than it does (routinely) here.
>>
>>29080051
>99% of Europe
The EU would like to have a word with you
>>
>>29080051
>99% of Europe
Are you aware that about 1/10th of European countries currently have armed conflict on their own soil right now?

If you'd said Western Europe you almost might've been sorta correct, but since you just said Europe and that includes Eastern Europe you're extremely horribly wrong.
>>
>>29080051
Well OP, have any retort to the tidal wave of posts showing how much of a retarded liberal nannystater you are?
>>
>>29080051
>Live in USA
>Not counting the territories
>Not even counting PR that has US Citizenship Birthrights
Hurricane George is one of them followed by the Independent Political Party's widespread bombings.
>>
>braking

10/10 would laugh again
>>
>>29080790
Eastern Europe and the Balkans are constantly at risk of SHTF, and desu Southern Europe (Portugal, Spain, Italy, and Greece) are pretty risky now too, austerity has made them poor and unemployed, and I don't think I need to tell you what happens when you have a bunch of angry jobless young people. Also the OP mentioned urban areas of South America as being safe from SHTF, which is so fucking mindblowingly retarded I don't even know where to fucking begin. Even richer more stable South American countries have experienced SHTF, like Argentina in the late 90s-early 00s.
>>
>>29080598
I can second this. Tis why I live in old town St Charles. High on a bluff, calm people and the city is surrounded by farms.

I have watched the infrastructure in the US break down year after year. I see the populace become more divided and angry at the same time, loosing the neighborhood connections. Shit could fall apart real fast.
>>
>>29080765
>>29080678
Yep. Missouri is a fun place to live.
>>
>>29081847
Still God tier, if only we could dump St. Louis...
>>
>>29080051

>The Urban Areas of South America

You mean all the worst parts of South America?
>>
Live in CT. Hurricane Sandy left most of the state without power for at least a week some places as much as 3 weeks. I was out for 10 days. There were some robberies and small petty crime stuff. Having water stored and food stored would have been really important if I didn't live next to UConn at the time; it was for some people in Podunk towns and even some cities who are broke as fuck and cant take care of 40k or more people. The college is designed to be self sustaining so they were generating their own power and helping Mansfield out where they could and vis versa by providing water and the community center for showering etc.

It's take a lot more than no power for maybe even 30 days for all of the s to hit the f.

But I do generally agree with you op, extreme shtf prep is foolsih as there is no way to predict what will happen. Basic prep of food, water bug out route if you absolutely can't stay, contacting family etc is a good idea.
>>
What is the solar storm of 1859? If it'd happened 150 years later, everything you rely on to stay alive would have shut down. Our satellites would have been fried. Our electronics wouldn't work. Our grid would go down. If you don't think that would be a SHTF situation, you're very wrong.

That's only the beginning. Think about all the viruses that could spread via international flights. Think about Yellowstone erupting, or the Cascadian Subduction Zone taking out Seattle, Oregon, and all the cities in between.

What about massive droughts occurring like California's... Or flooding... The coastal cities that have many of our citizens pushing huge amounts of refugees inland toward cities without the infrastructure to house them.

Think about what happened during Katrina... That shit happened just 10 years ago.

Tsunamis could do the same up north, so don't feel too cozy.

There are many natural disasters that would lead to widespread civil unrest... And that doesn't even require human intervention. If you're not at least a little prepared for this scenario, you're a sitting duck.

Now just think about nuclear attacks, or a world war, or civil war that could erupt for any given reason. Think about widespread racial conflict. All it takes is another Rodney King, and the power of the internet would amplify the response and distribute it across the major cities.

The likelihood of any of these things happening is relatively low, but you're betting everything on the roulette wheel if you're not ready and don't have a plan. Nobody thinks their house is going to burn down, but those who are prepared fare much better than those who play the odds.

I'm not hoping for a happening. I want to live my life out peacefully. But in the event of any major unrest, I will outlive the unprepared. And maybe I'll live long enough to see my family thrive in the aftermath.
>>
I was in Katrina, you have no idea what your talking about OP. Louisiana, MS, and TN are still feeling the effects of the displacement as shown through rising crime and gang rates.

But 6/10 though for trying.
>>
>>29080678
>Ferguson riots

Fuck turd ferguson. Played baseball in leagues against at least one of their teams for over a decade. The people proved themselves worthy of any disaster that comes their way.

Parents would throw beer bottles at kids, batters would throw bats at the catcher, local refs would make hilariously absurd calls and throw people out of the park for so much as gasping at their bullshit. At least 2 of those 3 would happen every. single. game.

Ferguson was shit long before the blacks moved in.

>Florissant4lyfe
>>
File: reallyreallyreallybigone.jpg (41 KB, 484x304) Image search: [Google]
reallyreallyreallybigone.jpg
41 KB, 484x304
>>29080051
I'm more concerned about a major seismic event that levels my town tbqh familia.

My family and I live near a fault line that - when "the big one" hits - will probably fall into the ocean.
>>
when it comes to being prepared, are you the kind of person with coffee in the cupboard or do you have the machine set before bed. Do you wake up and fumble with filters or do you push the button.

This mindset is important.
>>
File: 20160216_180706.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160216_180706.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Shit might not hit the fan but I'd rather be at least somewhat prepared if it does
>>
>>29080051
I lived in an urban area in NJ when Sandy hit. I went two weeks without power in the freezing cold. It was not fun.

Also fuck NJ, anyone stuck there GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN!
>>
>>29082070
Well familia muevete
>>
>>29082571
>somewhat prepared

Enjoy surviving 72hrs
>>
>>29082070
Good fucking riddance
>>
>>29082685
Have about 2 weeks of food /watter in my house in case of emergency
>>
>>29082728
>3 AR mags
>>
>>29080051
>In most places the worst you might experience is a power outage that lasts a couple of days
Talking about the floods in France months ago? And France is way safer than other countires you mentionned.
>>
you have no idea what is planned and what will be orchestrated
>>
What will happen to OP when shit hits the fan?
>>
>>29080051
Statistically, it doesn't make fiscal sense to purchase a fire extinguisher.
Sometimes cost doesn't actually dictate value.
>>
>>29081898
>Some of the nations highest rates of obesity
>Some of the nations highest rates of unemployment
>Some of the nations lowest rates of education level
>Some of the highest % of blacks in the nation
>God tier

Thats some high level delusion right there
>>
File: 1453784862390.png (757 KB, 1622x977) Image search: [Google]
1453784862390.png
757 KB, 1622x977
OP confirmed for glass licking retarded.
>>
Hiding in Honduras, I'm a desperate man, send lawyers guns and money, the shit has hit the fan.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.