[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Started becoming interested in the Mini 14 as my first rifle.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: 5817.jpg (32 KB, 825x160) Image search: [Google]
5817.jpg
32 KB, 825x160
Started becoming interested in the Mini 14 as my first rifle. Less tactical (generally) than the AR, does /k/ have anything for or against it?
>>
>>29077087
What's your intended use
>>
>>29077087
/k/ hates it because it costs slightly more and doesnt take AR bits.

It shoots slightly worse than an AR but its a carbine for messing with. Buy one, they are stupid simple to work on and easy to shoot. My first rifle was a Mini 30 and it was stupid fun.
>>
>>29077142
Mostly for range time, I suppose self defense if I needed it. I just want a .223 rifle without the tacticool look, but I've been told it isn't as accurate as AR
>>
>>29077170
This. Tacticoolfgs have made the ar into an autism meme gun.
>>
Same boat, I love the wood stocked ones. They feel great. Once I get a new daily, im going to grab one.
>>
>>29077087
They cost more than they should and finding mags may be a bitch, but they are sound firearms.
>>
>>29077087
Suffers from the same potential dirt/mud/sand/ice jamming problems the M1/M14 can have (see Ian and Karl's video). But my personal biggest complaint is that the mags have to rock in. You just can't beat an AR for reload speed.

Oh, and you can buy 4 top of the line 30rd AR mags for the price of 1 20rd Mini-14 mag. And the best built, custom-tuned Mini will shoot groups the same size as a cheap stock AR.

They're great truck guns, and great "I live in Soviet Russia and can't own an AR" guns.
>>
>>29077087
I quite liked them, maybe not the most accurate .223 I've ever owned but they're pretty solid otherwise and never had any real problems.
>>
I got a mini 14 myself simply because I didn't really want a lego or barbie gun. A complete rifle right out of the box made of durable materials and doesn't need to be tricked out to make it useful.

Sure I live in a state where I can own an AR, but after seeing all the different mods to an AR I have no idea what I wanted. The AR has become a bubba gun.
>>
>>29078004

Or you could have bought a simple, classic AR instead of being tricked into buying a shittier more expensive version.

Don't be fooled be ARG, faggots ruined AR's
>>
File: Mini-14 Barrel Issues.jpg (46 KB, 800x334) Image search: [Google]
Mini-14 Barrel Issues.jpg
46 KB, 800x334
>>29077087
Just stay away from the early versions or just Accu-strut it or something.
>>
>>29077154
As you can see, only stupid people with limited vocabularies enjoy the mini-14 or recommend it after owning one.
>>
>>29077170
>range time

I would say it depends if you're more into plinking at the range or if putting it on a bench and trying to get the smallest groups possible at x yards is more your style. If the former it is perfect for that, and really fun to shoot imo. I have an AR as well and if I'm just plinking I almost invariably just grab the mini. I think they are better looking and feeling guns for recreational shooters than most ARs. Precision shooting, look elsewhere.

>home defense

Can't imagine any problems there that you wouldn't have with an AR.

It sounds like it would be perfect for your intended use and the good news about firearms like the mini is that they retain value well if you change your mind. I'd say go for it, OP, you can't really go too far wrong here.
>>
>>29077581
>You just can't beat an AR for reload speed.
>worrying about dps in real life
>>
>>29077142
What's the POU?
>>
>>29078030
A classic AR, you mean the more expensive and even easier to jam up rifle?
Sir the only ARs that cost less than a Mini 14 are the ones with polymer lower receivers or need iron sights or some other sights or optics added to them to make them useful. Once you add that stuff on the basic AR ends up being more expensive than a Mini 14.

And it's not an insult to call them a Lego or Barbie gun as many owners have called them that as well.

The Mini 14 uses the same design as the M-1 Garand and M14 which in reality are a proven design. The AR was a failure at first until they refined it, but you're more or less right about the faggots ruining ARs.
>>
I dont mind them decent little gun for shooting bottles and coyotes with. Prefer using my vz58 but its pretty good
>>
>>29077087
6 moa at 100 yards

>intrested
>>
>>29077087

>Paying more for a worse gun

I SHIGGY DIGGY

>Tacticool
Yeah those new fangled M16A2/1 look alikes are all rails and garbage.
>>
>>29079010

Are you fucking retarded? Palmetto State Armory sells surplus fucking FN Herstal parts (The important ones), and parts kits for about 2/3 the cost of a mini 14. Buy a stripped lower for $80.00 and you're good to go.
>>
>>29079010
the mini 14 is NOT the m14
it does NOT have the reliability of the m14 and is NOT comparable
it is a clone made by Ruger and is not made to be a heavy use rifle
if you really want an m14, buy an M1A SOCOM
>>
>>29079010
But that's fucking wrong. I bought a Ruger AR for 525 out the door. I didn't need to add anything to it, and it's not a polymer lower.

Christ, you sound like the fuddest of fudds, and you clearly don't have a Fucking clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>29077087
It's good at plinking and a hoot to shoot. My first one just stopped working about 80 rounds in, I sent it to a gunsmith and he couldn't fix it so I sent it to ruger and they couldn't so they sent me a brand new rifle. It's a reliable rifle, I blame my first one failing on the fact that it was the display model at the store. Other than that the only reasons I would get one now over an AR is that it's easy to disassemble/clean, it's featureless (big hear in CA), and the aesthetics. A similarly priced AR will beat it in pretty much anything, and minis are getting pricier
>>
>>29077520
well when you get back to me with your mechanical engineering and business degrees or the manufacturing costs for the rifle, then you can say it cost more than it should. it costs more than you want it to because its not mil-surp and it doesnt have 20 other companies making similar guns like ARs. The mini is the same price (adjusted) as ever. hell its cheaper than just about every other semi auto rifle out there that isnt an ak or ar
>>
>>29079010
That might be the stupidest thing I've ever seen anyone say on /k/. I'm screencapping this for a future humor thread.
>>
>>29077087
Ahh, a mini-14 thread. Lets see what we have here. Oh?

>mini14 is trash, buy an AR
>I don't want an AR they're for fags
>just buy one OP they're great
>AR FAGS, ASSEMBLE!!!

/k/... /k/ never changes.
>>
>>29081497
For the record, I own a Mini-14. They're great. You should know better than to ask for opinions on 4chan, OP. Just go on youtube and watch some reviews and form your own opinion. I'm not even going to tell you what I think of my mini because it's irrelevant.
>>
>>29077154
/k/ hates everything
>>
I like my mini 14, because I'll I have to do is pop in a 5 round mag and it loses its baby killing abilities.
>>
>>29081541
A true American right here. Hilary 2016
>>
>>29079633
I doubt that highly friend.
Unless the door you walked out of was a methheads trailer who just got through stealing it and selling it to some chump
>>
>>29079133
That's shot out milsurp tier
>>
>>29081589
Fuck Hillary.

I should throw the 5 round mags away on principle.
>>
>>29078882
A reasonable post about the mini 14 on /k/? Wtf?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.