[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
North Korean Military
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 20
File: pb-130321-nk-da-02.photoblog900.jpg (665 KB, 866x900) Image search: [Google]
pb-130321-nk-da-02.photoblog900.jpg
665 KB, 866x900
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89YC_e2WdT8
I know that practically the only thing they really finance is their military, but is it as advanced as the leading military's of modern times? (Russia, US, China, ETC)

Even in their propaganda everything they have seems dated. discuss
>>
Their airforce is pretty much mig17s, so there's that
>>
>>28673817
how do they get their hands on all of these weapons anyway? Did I see one of them using a 1911?
>>
>>28673817
Is that an actual propaganda video? i thought it was a parody at first
>>
File: North-Korean-soldiers-att-008.jpg (37 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
North-Korean-soldiers-att-008.jpg
37 KB, 460x276
>>28673817
Their tech is shit obviously, but even missile systems from the 80's are just as dangerous today

I have no idea what going to war with them would be like, I think the Nuclear program is the only reason we haven't yet, still scares the shit out of me
>>
>>28673874
Its real, but hilarious as fuck

>>28673840
>North Koreans use the 1911
>the irony
you would think by now they would have developed their own arms
>>
>>28673817
Damn, Kim Jong Un was muzzle sweeping that guy a lot.
>>
File: Tactical Lettuce Cammo.jpg (89 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
Tactical Lettuce Cammo.jpg
89 KB, 636x358
>>28673817
>>
>>28673817
>Kim fiddles with the pistol
>racks the slide
>aims down the sights
>lowers pistol, racks slide again
>aims down sights
>pussies out at the last second
>>
>>28673963
kek

if there was a way to disarm their warheads taking out these chinks would be easy
>>
File: h_51507367.jpg (127 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
h_51507367.jpg
127 KB, 950x534
>>28674108
I want to see Donald Trump pull out a gold plated S&W 500 and lug a .50 into Kim's face
>>
>>28673874
http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D89YC_e2WdT8&start1=0&video2=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DBwBKjK7Xik0&start2=25&authorName=
>>
>>28674205
LOST

dIIIAAAA

DIIIAAA

KINGDINGDIGOOOO

DAAAAA
>>
>>28674225
For best results turn the speed of the Nork video up to 1.5 speed
>>
>>28674229
This is amazing, thank you based anon
>>
>>28674127

We would probably have already done it if it wasn't for China.
>>
>>28673817
We would be helpless to protect our cinder block stores or defeat them in the all-important tactical cement on belly operations.

And they all have to act like the uber-tool Kim knows shit.

Fucking hilarious. And they have no clue about how silly any of this looks.
>>
>>28673817
Anyone got that pic where they have AK's without bolts and are pretending to fire them in front of the camera?
>>
>>28673817
They still have what, 2000 T55's/chink knockoffs in service and their most numerous APCs seem to be BTR60s.

They're about as well equipped in terms of equipment as the ragheads we've been exploding in the middle east over the last decade or so.

That said, an old tank with a well trained crew can still be pretty dangerous so how well they can leverage their obsolete equipment would largely depend on the quality of their training and the availability of correct ammunition types.

The btr60 is old, but it'll work as a battle taxi and the KPVT 14.5mm machine gun will maul unarmored vehicles, penetrate buildings and even penetrate light armor, however it's lightly armored and vulnerable to 50cal fire at any realistic range and can even be penetrated by 7.62x51 MMGs at close range. It also lacks any sort of anti-tank capacity as it lacks an ATGM launcher, so it's completely outclassed by most western and more modern Russian APC/IFVs.

For example in Iraq some tanks in poorly supplied units ended up firing training rounds because they simple did not have HEAT or FSAPDS rounds. I'd imagine the NK military is slightly better supplied logistically, but even with HEAT rounds (the t55 DT main gun doesn't fire FSAPDS) I cannot see many SK K2s or American Abrams or being knocked out by NK tank divisions, at best I'd imagine them disabling one SK/American tank for every 10 NK tanks lost.

Their airforce is outdated and would struggle against any modern air force, however they do have decent (if primitive) ground attack aircraft in the SU25 frogfoot but they lack numbers having only around 30 of them. The majority of their fighters are mig 17-21 series jets that are completely incapable of providing air superiority, they do have a small number of more modern Mig29 Fulcrums however as with the SU25, they lack numbers and only have approximately 30 of them.
>>
>>28674606

Their main attack helicopter is the MI24 hind D, and while capable it lacks modern optics. This would be a danger to tanks, but without air superiority they would quickly be taken out by NATO fast jets.

Their land forces use AK pattern rifles, simple and effective. Hard to fault them other than the build quality is among the worst of the AK series, likely will still shoot fine though.

They have a bunch of locally produced anti-tank weapons however the most common are RPG-7 clones and they're fairly ineffective against NATO tanks, although they could damage APC/IFVs. They also have several Russian designed ATGMs, however I have no idea on how many they have or how they are distributed.
>>
>>28673890
the only reason we havent is the massive influx of millions of starving illiterate nork refugees swarming the ROK, atleast at the chink border they would get machine-gunned down, but apparently its "in-humane"
>>
>>28673817
If equipment was half as important as some of you imply. Then Saudi Arabia, with their infinite purchase of top notch equipment, would have one of the best fighting armies in the world. But we all know this isn’t true, and they continually keep getting rekt by starving Houthis, because their soldiers are incompetent lazy cowards.

If there was an all out war between the North- and the South Koreans, I’d certainly put my money on the North. Imagine a battalion of hardened North Korean soldiers, who know nothing but war, going against a battalion of anime masturbating, kpop watching South Korean Millienials.

Modern armies have not yet figured out how to effectively combat men with AK's who are willing to die for their cause. And North Koreans are more disciplined and trained than their muslim or vietnamese counterparts, and it is not wise to underestimate them.
>>
>>28673817
Video is best watched at 1.5 speed setting.

Are those Pre B CZ75s in OP's picture?
>>
>>28673817
The North Korean accent is fucking funny when you actually understand Korean.
>>
>>28673890
>>28674656
Also all those 155s sitting in caves in range of seoul or some shit.
>>
>>28674921
You forget the NK army is filled with starving conscripts who rarely train and usually are working menial labor on communal farms.
>>
>>28674974
To quote Julius Caesar:

“It is not these well-fed long-haired men that I fear, but the pale and the hungry-looking....”
>>
>>28674921
The Norks only have enough fuel, ammunition and food for a mad dash to Seoul (they rarely train in peacetime for the same reason).

Back to square one.
>>
>>28674990
"An army marches on its stomach."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
>>
>>28674921
By "battle hardened" men you mean malnourished and never seen battle men, right? What's one of the main things militaries try to do in war? Cut off supply lines. North Koreas is already cut off.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0yNcM4kV6g
>>
>>28674990
In the days of raiding, yeah, I'd fear those fuckers too because those guys will kill each other for bread.

But in mechanical warfare, where the scale has risen up to be economy vs economy, an army marches on its stomach.
>>
>>28674990
I'm with >>28675015 on this one. Napoleon was a military genius who won battles against other civilized fully capable militaries.
>>
The most important scenario to train and prepare for is not a North Korean invasion of the South, but vice versa. In the event of a struggle for leadership in North Korea, America and its allies will have a strong incentive to move in in order to stabilize the situation and secure North Korea's nuclear weapons.
>>
File: Harbin Bombers at Uiju Airfield.jpg (245 KB, 1913x703) Image search: [Google]
Harbin Bombers at Uiju Airfield.jpg
245 KB, 1913x703
>>28673874
Watch some of their television, it's rather entertaining.
>>28674921
You are a fucking moron. What you see in their propaganda vids are the soldiers that are tall enough and well fed. A large chunk of them are starving and midget-sized. Their air force is old as shit and wouldn't last a minute in an actual fight
>Pic related from google earth. You can look at all the Nork airfields
The North Koreans have known nothing but hardship, but that tends to wear on after generations of malnutrition and declining living conditions. Lots of their soldiers don't have enough ammo, many have to forage when food runs low, and many wouldn't rate their chances very high in an actual shooting war. There's many outstanding accounts of defectors from the North, some of them soldiers. I implore you to read them. The only thing holding the North together is the Kim family and the upper echelons of their government, nothing more. North Koreas large army literally only has strength in numbers and zeal, against which the South Koreans have tech and a military that's been honed for decades of anticipating another northern invasion. Also, the Sorks have seen more combat between the last war and now, see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Korea_in_the_Vietnam_War
>>
>>28674921
>hardened
The only Norks around that can be hardened are old as fuck. And, the South is far more economically well-off.
>>
>>28675067
Where the fuck could they even go? Either into China or South Korea because you'd better believe no ships attempting to flee that rathole would get anything less than a fucking Harpoon in the engine block.
>>
Genuine question, but suppose Kim Jong-fatty was assassinated tomorrow.

What would happen?
>>
>>28675089
Probably into China. Korea's interest in reunification is slowly dwindling - we don't want to deal with the immense drain to also take care of the North refugees.
>>
>>28673817
Everyone knows they are a joke but they will be allowed to exist as long as China wants a puppet state as a buffer
>>
>>28675112
Well we probably wouldn't know about it for at least a week or so. We'd see basically all out warfare in Pyongyang as the different factions of the military and government try to wrestle control from one another.

Maybe a chinese intervention to prop up a puppet state, but that wouldn't last too long most likely. It'd be like Somolia there.
>>
>>28673963
I know they are chinky and all but if they are really flinching that much they must not shoot often.
>>
>>28675040
They need landing gear for the rear of their jets?
>>
>>28674974
>>28675015
>>28675029
>>28675048
>>28675062
>>28675075
>>28675085

First of all Napoleon was a fucking hack (muh cannons), he won some battles sure, but he lost in the end. Julius was a genius, he accomplished literally every thing he set his mind to, except getting glassed. And he fought guerrillas as well, which is a lot harder than conventional forces.

But enough of that. Feeding your soldiers and stocking up and ammo is not that hard, surely the Norks must have some friends, and some manufacturing capabilities, I mean, they know how to make atom bombs. My point is that South Korea is pretty much the most degenerate country in the world, and the population is so pussified, that just the mere thought of having to fire a gun would make them instantly surrender.

The Saudi Arabian is one of the best equipped armies in the world, but they still can’t hold their ground against illiterate goat herders in Yemen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Arabian-led_intervention_in_Yemen
>>
>>28675343
>Uses degenerate unironically

Go kill yourself you trump loving faggot.

The Saudi's are Arabs, and more specifically are THE Arabs. Incompetence is practically part and parcel of their military. Also I don't think you understand logistics at all. Napoleon did, which was why he was such an effective commander, not just on the battlefield but in large campaigns.

They have fucking trouble feeding their general population, let alone their military. North Korea survives on food aid from the outside, and it's part of the reason they do the provocation bullshit whenever they think they can get away with it, they're trying to agitate for MORE FUCKING FOOD.

North Korea's logistics system probably wouldn't support them for more than a week of serious fighting, even with their stockpiles of ammunition they wouldn't have enough food.
>>
>>28675343
>My point is that South Korea is pretty much the most degenerate country in the world, and the population is so pussified, that just the mere thought of having to fire a gun would make them instantly surrender.
Have you actually been to South Korea before? Have you ever met a Korean person?
Have you ever seen the manufacturing and economical capability of South Korea?
>>
>>28675343
I'm Korean and I fucking love guns. All of the men in my family served for my country. Fight me.
>>
>>28675414
Have you ever seen the manufacturing or economical capabilities of Taliban? Guerrilla tactics are very effective, and there is no reason to believe that the Norks would not adopt them.
>>
North Korean sub ran ashore in like the 90s in South Korea and the crew evaded capture by the South Korean military for weeks, none of them were taken alive as well, they all fought to the death.

North Korea also has terrain advantage as the entire country is basically alpine. You'll be fighting Norks in steep mountain passes where they probably have an underground fucking base under every second mountain.
>>
>>28675343
Napoleon only started losing when he abandoned his principles.

Also
>Stocking up food and ammunition
>Not that hard
>For North Korea
This is the same country that had a massive famine that killed a tenth of the population in the 1990s, and barely scrapes by today on UN handouts? Their manufacturing sector is virtually non-existent, dwarfed by that of their Southern neighbours.

They have no real friends - even big daddy China is getting sick of them, and mother Russia seems far more interested in doing business with the South.

As much as the south loves its kpop, You shouldn't underestimate them. Thanks to the Norks hard work in sinking their ships and launching nuclear-capable missiles, the South is being rather more careful with them.

South Korea is not Saudi Arabia. They have a larger population, better equipment, a stronger industrial base, and - crucially - actual allies.

It's not 1950 anymore. You and the norks seem to still be stuck in it.
>>
>>28675477
They wouldn't be able too because they fucking don't have ANY FUCKING FOOD YOU RETARD.
>>
>>28675477
We were talking all-out war. I would assume bombing the shit out of everything is fair game in that scenario.
>>
>>28675511
>they fucking don't have ANY FUCKING FOOD YOU RETARD.

>Believing outdated western propaganda

North Korea literally hasn't had food shortages for a decade. They keep getting food aid because they like free shit. Even aid experts agree what North Korea actually lacks is medicine, not food.
>>
>>28675477
>actually defending North Korea
How far has the world fallen?
>>
>>28675531
>North Korea lacks medicine
Doesnt help your case

Back to the KFA you go
>>
>>28675531
>Le Aid memes

It's an objective fact that they are on average several inches shorter than the comparative normal for that region of the world, and your average civilian shows signs of malnutrition
>>
Think about all the military surplus if we ever invaded N.Korea.

>tfw both parties would vote to block imports anyway because of "muh children" and "muh american gun manufacturers"
>>
>>28675531
They have collective farms. Of course they have food shortages
>>
File: dat grip.png (243 KB, 276x279) Image search: [Google]
dat grip.png
243 KB, 276x279
>>28673963
Is there a name for this type of grip? I've always referred to it as the "90s action movie girl" grip.
>>
>>28675559
Not only that but those collective farms have to be basically manned by the troops because they don't have enough labor otherwise.

North Korea is a shit tier country.
>>
>>28675040
>Norks flying an MD500
kek
>>
>>28675571
Teacupping, I believe.
>>
File: Teacupping.jpg (104 KB, 610x406) Image search: [Google]
Teacupping.jpg
104 KB, 610x406
>>28675610
No, teacupping is this.
>>
>>28675610
I find this one different. Note that his support hand is holding his wrist, rather than the bottom of his hand.
>>
>>28675404
>Go kill yourself you trump loving faggot.
rude
>>
>>28675672
There is no such thing as politeness on the internet, anon
>>
File: 1453597941965.png (61 KB, 1260x173) Image search: [Google]
1453597941965.png
61 KB, 1260x173
>>28675672
My apologies, maybe this is more accurate.
>>
>>28675511
>>28675525
Take Isis as an example. They are like 10 maybe 20 thousand people, and yet look at what they have managed to accomplish. They conquered large parts of Syria and Iraq, they constantly antagonise the west, and yet they still exist and occupy vital territory in middle east. This is something that the combined effort of NATO has struggled to do for decades.

The reason they managed to do this is because they are crazy, fanatic men who are ready to die, and most importantly they are armed with AK’s. This is also true for the North Koreans, except they are also disciplined. It is stupid to think that North Korea could not supply a guerrilla of 100-200 thousand men, whom would NEVER surrender.

>>28675535
This has nothing to do with morality.
>>
File: 1438722675976.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1438722675976.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>28675695
I actually do live in California. Pro-gun though
>>
>>28675639
>>28675641
Fuck, my bad.

I guess it's just a limp wristed nork trying to do something about his wrists being limp. Doesn't look like it would help anyway.
>>
>>28675730
Take into consideration that the South Koreans are fighting for the preservation and safety of their own nation too. Call us pussified all you want, but I guarantee everybody I have spoken to will also fight tooth and nail against the North in war.

Besides, the civilian population has a large percentage being unhappy with the regime.
>>
>>28675730
OK let's make a quick point here. You're assuming the entire army is fanatically loyal ala their submarine crews (who are hand selected for loyalty first competency second because they're afraid of defection) which is hilarious at best retarded at worst.

Even guerillas can't survive without a populace willing to support them and any occupying force would quickly win over any civilians in NK with the promise of chocolate bars and not shooting them. The majority of north korea's army are peasants who are forcefully taken away from their homes and fed propaganda nearly every day to the point where they don't care because the army provides a semi-warm meal. Comparing a religiously motivated insurgency that nearly any arab state is capable of shitting out because it's basically their default tribal government except with more 'PRAISE ALLAH' to North Korea is fucking stupid. You promise any guerilla a pardon and a hot meal after a few fucking months in an NK winter and that hundred thousand is going to become more like a few hundred.
>>
>>28675730
Guerilla campaigns tend to only work when the guerillas have local support.

They won't have that when they invade the South. The Sorks have done very well for themselves under their present system, economically, militarily, and politically, so much so that the average Sork is not in the least interested in anything to do with the Norks dreams of Juche.
>>
>>28675730
If you take out the retarded ROE's NATO has then there's nothing a million 3rd world shits with AK's could do to stop the anal annihilation of themselves.
>>
>>28675795
>that pic
I wonder if that guy knows just how much the Japs absolutely despise weeaboos like him
>>
>>28675870
The fucking funniest thing is that he's apparently GERMAN.
>>
>>28675477
The Taliban fight for Allah, they are zealots. The Norks fight for some fat fuck. When your hungry, really hungry, you'll suck a cock for a cracker. You could buy Nork loyalty for a sandwich.

Thanks for playing devil's advocate.
>>
>>28675571
Never mind the grip, check dat camo.
>>
>>28675882
Ah, so he's a turk too

I almost feel sorry for him.

Almost.
>>
>>28675902
Too bad little kimmy will never work out and get SWOLE. That's a leader you can die for, not some pastry popping fat dude.
>>
>>28675343
I am sure that you don't know that SK have a law that requires their males to attend military training for 2 years or so. Even their K-Pop celebs aren't exempted from this.
>>
>>28673817
Does he have a fucking Cz???k.....neat.
>>
>>28674656

To be fair, at least they'd speak Korean and be entering a Korean-speaking country, which is a step up from most other "massive influx of millions of starving illiterate refugees" scenarios.
>>
>>28675987
should be conscripted to 21months for army

or 23for navy or 24for air

after service, 8 years for reserval force.
>>
>>28675730
Most of the area IS has taken is barren no-population zones, those maps are determined by the cities they hold and troop positions.

There is a big difference between a war of religious zealotry and political zealotry.
>>
>>28676031
Thank you.
>>
>>28675343
>>28675477
>>28675531
>>28675730
I re-iterate my previous statement, you are a fucking moron. The Nork army hoards most of the UN food aid from the populace (or sells it on the black market). North Korea can grow at the most only 60% of the food necessary to keep its population fed (before the floods and famine). This is why it was so dependent on food shipments from China and the Soviet Union. Cut that off for a few decades and you have the poor malnourished population of North Korea. You keep comparing these guys to the Taliban, the Houthis, ISIS, VC, etc. There is no comparison, this is an entirely different situation. If it came to a war, South Korea would push the North's shit in hard.
>inb4 muh shelling of Seoul
http://nautilus.org/napsnet/napsnet-special-reports/mind-the-gap-between-rhetoric-and-reality/
>>
>>28674967

3/4 of them can reach just the northern outskirts of seul. Then there's the problem of maintenance, ordnance and the fact that they would get fuuuuuuuckkeeddd by counter-artillery. That is if they wouldn't get pre-emptively fried by Slam Eagles dropping thermobarics all over the the north side of the DMZ. Seul is not really in big danger from artillery strikes.
>>
File: yes it is for ants.png (36 KB, 80x144) Image search: [Google]
yes it is for ants.png
36 KB, 80x144
>>28673817
Holy fuck, do I want one of those AK "Over-Folder"
>>
File: hold your shit, Bill.gif (492 KB, 176x216) Image search: [Google]
hold your shit, Bill.gif
492 KB, 176x216
>>28673817
>Poking light bulb's on bits of string with one finger to break them
>>
>>28673840
China dude, they are literally next to each other...>>28673840
>>
>>28673817

Thats funny as hell if you play it on 2x speed.
>>
>>28673817
I fucking hate these threads.
There's always that one asshole whos like
"NAH UH DUDE NORK MIGHT STAND A CHANCE TAKE THIS ONE ANECDOTE AS PROOF"

Let me remind you that Saddam Hussein had one of the most powerful armies in the 90's and NATO swept the fucking floor with them in Desert Storm.
North Korea is still using 80-90 technology. In a stand up fight against an actual military like the US's they wouldn't stand a chance and you're bullshitting yourself if you think they would.
>>
>>28675870
Did that asshole just shit-talk the Iowa?
>>28675882
Oh, he's probably just butthurt about losing...
>>28675917
This explains a lot.
>>
File: COLB.gif (434 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
COLB.gif
434 KB, 245x245
>>28674165
>Donald Trump
>doing anything other than defending his E-peen over the internet
>>
>>28674165
dafuq is going into that drum?
>>
>>28673817
Basically this: >>28677507

Look at that picture. Notice how nobody has any load bearing vests? No armor? Helmets are thin steel pots? Yeah, that's because they live in the 50's, they're still in the "stick everything on the belt!" phase that we ditched because stuffing all your equipment on your belt is cumbersome and stupid. So let's look at their equipment.

In all the pictures and videos I can find I see a small little ration pouch, an ammo satchel, I'm assuming a canteen, and a knife. Some have sidearms, but that doesn't seem to follow any real convention or standard, I think they have some set requirements and then randomly pass them out to everyone else. Grenades are far and few in between but some seem to have extra pouches dedicated to those dildo rifle grenades they have.

What they don't have in this equipment is a first aid kit. So that means the platoon medic is carrying the only medical supplies in the entire unit, so if any of them get hit they're going to use up a portion of his magic sack of treats. Given that they have no fucking body armor at all they're probably going to run out of shit to treat wounded if they do ever get into an honest to god war. On that note, their absolute best tank is a T-72 clone that's supposedly been uparmored and modernized. Meanwhile South Korea has the K2. A single ROKA armored company could completely halt an entire KPA armored advance by themselves which would never happen because there would also be the ROKAF and USAF and USMC backing them up with all sorts of wild shit.

However...

If a push into North Korea happened I can guarantee you it wouldn't go too well and there would be casualties. The norks had a compulsive need to put explosives fucking everywhere and it's impressive artillery corps. Invading North Korea would incite the population as well so likely that would never happen. Best to let the norks piss away their military on the border and let the inevitable revolution fix the regime problem.
>>
>>28674165
>my family would love some of that liquid cheese
>>
>>28678025
Just look at that greasy fat fucker. Every time I see him I imagine the stench of cheese diarrhea farts, just those hot squirty toots that smell like roasted, rotting death.

I imagine he wheezes too. All the time. Then when you look over at him he's just greasy and you smell it, and he leans close to you to tell you about how cool he is because he's one of those fat fuckers and you can taste the stench radiating from his greasy body. You imagine his fat cheeks just squatting over your mouth and his butthole spraying toxic gas in your throat, those little particles of bright orange poop mist infecting you with whatever shit he has that makes him sweat and smell so goddamn bad.

Fuck I hate fat people.
>>
>>28677153
Is that a wooden cutout?
>>
>>28678025
That's industrial lubricant
>>
>>28673830
Aren't they using mig15s?
>>
>>28678460
>mig15
They're only using the training version.
>>
>>28675343
> surely the Norks must have some friends, and some manufacturing capabilities, I mean, they know how to make atom bombs.

Have you ever seen a picture of North Korea from space at night?
>>
>>28673817
Is no one noting the nickel plated pistol in OP's pic?
>>
You'd think with the UN so eager to hand out free shit NK would demand some modern farming equipment and Agricultural specialists to squeeze more beans and taters out of their barely arable land
>>
>>28678055
lol
>>
>>28679500
They tried to once, NK refused.
>>
>>28674606
Welp, considering we took on Saddam's t72s with relative ease, I think 2000 T55s would be like a shooting gallery. TBQH I think most mil guys on here would want to war the norks just to have fun and get their dicks wet.
>>
>>28674941
No, they're Nork knock offs. More specifically, a NK clone of a Chinese clone of a CZ
>>
>>28673890

The Yeongpeong incident from a few years back showed that many of their rockets are outdated and some completely inert.

Pic related is one of many duds shot at the South Korean island back at 2010. I have doubt in North Korea's rocket artillery.
>>
File: mea.jpg (1 MB, 1396x674) Image search: [Google]
mea.jpg
1 MB, 1396x674
>>28677135

Pic related (ROK SPG's) + joint ROKAF USAF quick response teams+ American UAV's= at least 1/2 of North Korea's fixed artillery positions neutralized within the first hour.
>>
File: 5015227861_a2045d47e7_b.jpg (424 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
5015227861_a2045d47e7_b.jpg
424 KB, 1024x683
>>28674656

There will be no hordes of starving North Koreans in the streets of Seoul.

If there was reunification, plans are to [partially] open the borders in the first few decades of reunification; work visas will be handed out to North Koreans via appointment and lottery.

The South Korean economy will be allowed to build factories in North Korean countrysides and cities and employ the North Koreans.

The South Korean (now de facto) government will employ laborers in the North to build road and infrastructure. (Kinda like the WPA of America in the 1930's).

Cheap labor and land right next door to the Southern economic powerhouse will ease the manpower and land shortage that South Korea faces in present day. In other words, Korea's economy will skyrocket in the long run.
>>
>>28673817
Take a soviet army from the 50s, roughly. Now take away most of their supplies, all but a tiny handful of their nukes, and replace their soldiers with half-starved gook peasants, and give them a tiny bit of 'cutting-edge' 80s technology to compensate. You now have NK.
>>
>>28677507
Iraq is like prime armored warfare NATO doctrine shit, though. North Korea is mostly mountainous which is why the ChiComs were so successful with mass infantry during the Korean War.
>>
File: 1390249250838.jpg (5 KB, 251x240) Image search: [Google]
1390249250838.jpg
5 KB, 251x240
>>28677482
Thanks for that anon, I'm dying over here. It's like a British circus skit complete with yakkety sax.
>>
File: help.jpg (606 KB, 456x628) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
606 KB, 456x628
>>28677482
That's nothing, try 0.5.

>the screams, they never stop
>>
>>28675343
>My point is that South Korea is pretty much the most degenerate country in the world,

Brah, I lived there for 2 years.

S.K is probably one of the most conservative countries in the world and they have a deeply hierarchical society

Just testing positive for drugs gets you jail time, its still illegal to be a fag, abortion is illegal

etc etc etc

As a Republican it was a utopia... problem was it was full of Asians.
>>
>>28675404
I agree.
They should just store food warehouses on the border because any invasion is going to suddenly halt the moment they capture food supplies.
Then they will eat until they go into a food coma
>>
>>28674108
Don't forget;

>points loaded gun at guy next to him
>sweeps everyone twice
>points the gun at another dude

I'm amazed he hasn't been shot yet for being a retard and fat boy hording all the food.
>>
>>28674921
>Imagine a battalion of hardened North Korean soldiers, who know nothing but war

If by war, you mean constantly doing parades for fat-boys amusement, then yes that's all they know. The Canadian Rangers armed with Lee Enfields are more hardcore than the Norks.
>>
>>28677904
industrial lubricant
>>
NK would collapse in few weeks at best.
And by that I mean the regime.
And no, they can't even destroy Seoul.
Only reason why they haven't been invaded is because no one cares enough to start a war with them.
It's sad because of people there, but what can you do.
>>
>>28673890
>but even missile systems from the 80's are just as dangerous today
Well I suppose the South is fortunate the newest system they have is from 1962 then.
>>
>>28674606
>the BTR60 would still be effective as a battle taxi
Except for the fact that everything but the front slope can be penetrated by 7.62x51 ball ammo at 50m or by 5.56x45 M993 AP at 100m. Their front slope is also penetrable by .50BMG at 200m+.

And that's assuming they have the last-model Russian ones with the "upgraded" armor and not a monkey model or domestic knockoff with shit steel.
>>
>>28677904
North korean caramel, best in the world. It is the only export that keeps their economy going, mostly sold on black markets though.
>>
>>28675477
Guerilla tactics won't do shit when no one is invading you. The only war with North Korea that's going to happen is the one where they're the aggressors. Unless they use one of their nukes on south korea, in which case we'll just nuke pyongyang and the whole thing will be over.
>>
File: ÀÚÁÖÆ÷.jpg (73 KB, 680x453) Image search: [Google]
ÀÚÁÖÆ÷.jpg
73 KB, 680x453
>>28680450
K9 is very comfy
>>
>>28677482
Holy shit my wife was worried something was wrong with I was laughing so hard at the first bit where they were doing marital arts.
>>
>>28682606
nigger it isn't illegal to be a faggot in Korea. It isn't the 90s there anymore
Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.