[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Peoples Liberation Army
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10
>PLA doesn't have joint command. Or wants to have since its boss would rival Party in power
>no wartime experience
>military training dedicates 30% of time to practicing goose stepping, singing patriotic songs and studying Marxist Leninist thought.
>PLA soldiers can't fit into older uniforms anymore, they grew taller and fatter
>physical standards had to be lowered number of times due to deterioration of physical state of recruits
>pilots spend 10 hours a month in cockpit
>USA army spends 17500 dorrar per soldier. PLA spends 1500 dorrar
>their missiles can't reach mainland USA
>they havent built a single nuclear submarine
>40 years behind in ICBM capabilities
>20 years behind in tech on average, heavily rely on buying Russian and stealing American tech
>Doctrine essentially unchanged since the 60s, with the exception of lol anti access & area denial

Where this meme about rising dragon is coming from? Why is it becoming so commonplace to drum up the military threat from the largest paper tiger in existence, moreover belittle American capabilities in the very same context?
>>
>>28609634
I wonder what it says about Russia when such a worthless country like China can have nicer things. Americans would rek the Chinese and Russhits combined, only a faggot highschooler thinks otherwise.
>>
While I'm not saying China is a massive threat, especially with their absolutely dismal force-projection abilities (for probably the next 10 years at least). But any army with that many men, with even late 90's tech, is still not something to belittle or ignore.

That said, it has been over-hyped, at least recently.
>>
>>28609672
On neutral soil? Yes.
An invasion of Russia or China would be a nightmare though, because their major flaw (poor logistics) would be eliminated.
>>
>>28609634
I'm not a chinkshill and even I know the PLA is part of the Chinese Communist Party, not the Chinese government.

Their commander in chief is the party chairman.

(China a shit)
>>
>>28609698
USA wouldn't attempt an invasion alone. I was speaking in neutral terms. I think with a coalition the USA would rek either of those countries. Our tech gap is just too far and it gets further from the competition every day. I'm sure DARPA has a counter for every system the Russians and Chinese have but there is no reason to begin production yet. The only field you can say USA is actually behind in is cyber and supercomputing, but that mainly applies to the private sector (sans the supercomputing which has many military uses).
tl;dr china doesn't stand a chance in hell
>>
>>28609634
>PLA doesn't have joint command. Or wants to have since its boss would rival Party in power

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/china/2014-01/03/c_133015371.htm

New joint command system 'on way'

>pilots spend 10 hours a month in cockpit

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/366872/us-air-force-pilots-fly-less-chinas-do-michael-auslin
http://www.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303293604579251772697609630?KEYWORDS=auslin
http://www.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304773104579268651994849572?mod=WSJ_WSJ_US_News_6

U.S. Air Force Pilots Fly Less than China’s Do

>they havent built a single nuclear submarine

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/dec/9/inside-the-ring-chinas-nuclear-missile-submarine-p/?page=all

Pentagon confirms patrols of Chinese nuclear missile submarines

>40 years behind in ICBM capabilities

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DF-41
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WU-14

>20 years behind in tech on average, heavily rely on buying Russian and stealing American tech

http://www.popsci.com/chinese-stealth-fighter-j-20-starts-production

J-20 sooner in LRIP and IOC than Russia's T-50. Just saying.

>PLA soldiers can't fit into older uniforms anymore, they grew taller and fatter

And this is bad because?

>physical standards had to be lowered number of times due to deterioration of physical state of recruits

I'm sure you have sources. Besides worsening eyesight because of young recruits are more and better educated urbanites instead of the hardy old peasants, there werent any detoriating physical staus of the recruits. On the contrary.

Seriously, OP. Do you have anything better than to parrot the same old myths?

Are you even trying, Dutchfag?

Posting in a troll-thread
>>
>>28610286
OP's memes got BTFO.

PLA still needs years of work, professionalism, and more carriers and LHD's though.
>>
>>28610286
/rekt
>>
File: Fallout.jpg (284 KB, 1120x840) Image search: [Google]
Fallout.jpg
284 KB, 1120x840
>>28609941
> I'm sure DARPA has a counter for every system the Russians and Chinese have but there is no reason to begin production yet.
>>
File: 1453005655241.png (156 KB, 439x326) Image search: [Google]
1453005655241.png
156 KB, 439x326
>>28609941
>The only field you can say USA is actually behind in is cyber and supercomputing

>Stuxnet, Duqu 2.0, Flame, and cyberweapons being used now that we won't hear about for 5-10 years.
>Software companies having secret agreements with the US govt. to create backdoors for easier spying on domestic and international targets.
>Western media consistently on the side of U.S. on the issue for some reason despite the known fact that the U.S. engages in at least as much cyber-warfare against Chinese targets.
>>
>>28609941
Are you American?

You shill for my country without sources in every thread.

Thank you.
>>
File: bawwww.jpg (15 KB, 200x270) Image search: [Google]
bawwww.jpg
15 KB, 200x270
>>28610876
>tfw all the "hack attacks" have been hitting our honeypots
>tfw their entire cyber-warfare capability is now known and mapped
>>
I have said it before and I will say it again. China's misguided one child policy has inverted the population pyramid. They are facing an aging population much faster than would naturally. They will not have the manpower nor the economy to support a high tech effective aggresive military. It is inevitable. You cannot easily reverse the effects of billions of people being told having children is a crime.
>>
>>28611122
>implying the Chinese even give a shit about the patchy enforcement of the one child rule

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/11/asia/china-unregistered-citizens-rights/

>(CNN)China says it will provide 13 million unregistered citizens, most born in violation of China's one-child policy, with crucial documents giving them access to long-denied healthcare and schooling.

China has an estimated 300 million unregistered people, illegals within their own country because their births cannot be registered without paying massive fines. In other word, China's actual population is 1.6 billion, not 1.3 billion.

Here, you have your army and workforce.
>>
>>28609634
You realize the PLA is one monolithic organization right? It does not NEED a joint command.
>>
>>28611210
They are in the process of getting one, though.

Xi wants to model the PLA after the US army.
>>
>>28611255
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I guess.
>>
>>28611170
cultural breakdown of that 1.6B is where things get interesting, though. ~300M middle class (pretty much same as america's bellcurve) is the group that actually is affected by the one-child policy and its ripples. Rural china, which composes most of the population, is barely more educated than rural india. Mass migration to urban centers from rural areas is the main thing keeping cities growing -- the middle class will be 75% of what it is today in 10 years, 60% in 20.
That doesn't account for changing economic factors, like GDP and the debt-fueled economy over there coming to a crash. So the middle class will still massively shrink regardless, because the chinese yuan will collapse in the next decade, too (no tinfoil hat plz)
>>
File: Battle Region reform from MR.png (498 KB, 1190x580) Image search: [Google]
Battle Region reform from MR.png
498 KB, 1190x580
>>28611307
Yeah, basically, it was necessary since the Military Regions in China used to wield powers comparable of feudal lords.

Now, there arent MRs anymore, but only Battle Regions, which do not have their own command anymore, but are commanded by a Joint Chief of Staff, controlling all matters from Airforce, Navy and Space Assets.
>>
I work a union blue collar job with lots of vets. You have no idea how many of them say things like
>China has them new AKs that don't be jammin
>China got better hand to hand
>China uses flame throwers
>China could detonate a nuke over us and EMP us then the UN or Iran invades us
>>
>>28611122
Say that to the Japanese who are in a far far worse position. Their economy is still growing, albeit slowly. Productivity is what matters.

China's fertility bottomed at 1.55 in 2004. Now it's at 1.7 and rising because of the removal of the one child policy. China's population will peak in the early 2030's.

Japan's is still only 1.45. It bottomed at 1.2 in 2006. Japan's population peaked in 2011 and has fallen 3 million since.

Imagine China with 2 billion people. India is headed that way and they already have 15 of the 20 most polluted cities. A title previously held by China and America and Germany and Britain before it.
>>
File: 1336936027366.png (240 KB, 435x419) Image search: [Google]
1336936027366.png
240 KB, 435x419
>>28609634
>still using Maluytka-derived missiles
>>
>>28611210
Joint command?
Lookie here >>28610286

>>28611307
If it works it works. The previous design left a corrupt bloated inept ground force eating up the Navy and Air Force's budget.
>>
>>28610876
I said it pertains really only to the private sector. The upper level systems the government runs are usually pretty top notch.
>>28610903
Yes.
>>
>>28611350
Where are you from? Because
>The UN invades us
>Iran invades us
Pls say you're not American...
>>
>>28611418
What is wrong with that?
>>
>>28611446
Of course he's American. Some of the older men here in the red states are beyond uninformed about EVERYTHING.
Comes with being that old I guess.
>>
>>28611446
I live and work in Houston Texas, as I said, with a lot of vets. I have no idea where the idea of vets being smart comes from.
>>
>>28611350
Anecdotal experience but I guess I could see it.

Obama got elected because he was black. Trump and Cruz have the most support. Bush got elected, twice.
Americans are pretty dumb, but we work hard.
>>
>>28611425
Fuck off kebab
>>
>>28612666
Hail satan.
>>
File: 1307074315808.jpg (33 KB, 650x486) Image search: [Google]
1307074315808.jpg
33 KB, 650x486
>>28609634
>Where this meme about rising dragon is coming from?

The neocons. As long as Americans are afraid of an enemy, the money will keep flowing.
>>
File: pres.jpg (101 KB, 435x422) Image search: [Google]
pres.jpg
101 KB, 435x422
>>28611350
>UN or Iran invades us
just lost all credibility. most veterans are fucking retards anyway.
>>
>>28609634

I like that color scheme.
>>
>>28609679
They don't really have late '90's tech.

For example, the best engines they can produce domestically are close to what Bowing might have made in '75.

1975 was 41 years ago.
>>
>>28611314
I'm not sure anybody can tinfoil hat a prediction that is sort of happening right now.

China's economy is doing a slow motion train wreck with the lowest fuel cost anybody can remember.
>>
>>28609634

>Why is it becoming so commonplace to drum up the military threat from the largest paper tiger in existence, moreover belittle American capabilities in the very same context?

'Someone said they're better than us but they're NOT! WE"RE THE BEST! FUK U FOR SAYING SO OR HAVING AN OPINION!'

American arrogance and ignorance knows no bounds
>>
>>28609672
Hahahahahahahahahahaha that's the biggest delusion I have ever heard. Only a hand full of soldiers in the is military are competent at best. They got rid of most of the competent commanders as well.
>>
>>28612666
cry more bitch nigga
>>28616609
I wonder what it says about Russhits and Chinatrash when a handful of competent soldiers would rek their whole country.
>>
>>28613825
taft, dubya and the black one

did i win
>>
File: 1451438110391.jpg (74 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1451438110391.jpg
74 KB, 300x300
>>28609853
nah, this has become a huge point of contention

during tianenmen, a bunch of PLA generals refused their orders, and they had to bring troops in from bumfuck nowhere

all those generals have since been purged. the CCP has been freaking out about this ever since, and as such there's a been a recent huge emphasis on communist party indoctrination. As it is now there's a big thrust to try and reassert PLA loyalty to the CCP, but everything I've read indicates that they've been having serious problems making that happen.
>>
>>28611210
is this bait? or are you stupid
>>
>>28616629
Is that your best comeback?
Fuck you and your donkey fucking prophet/moon god, day of the rope is coming sand nigger. Gonna feed your family to pigs

Remove kebab 2016, make America great again
>>
>>28615326
Go back to school kiddo
If our do real well you can land a job at Bowing jet engine co.
>>
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 640x1136
>>28615352
Could I have a source for this claim from the IMF, World Bank, or other legit source?

Because China just grew 6.9% in 2015.
IMF, World Bank, and The Economist all predict 6.5% growth next year.
>>
Impressive

China already is a vital part of American every day life. America can no longer do anything to China. The military is only for show and the party is adequate enough to command.
>>
You're all fucking retards, USA rekts China in just about anything but it's long term potential (50 years) that were afraid of
>>
>>28617882
Are you retarded?
>>
>>28609941
I think that bringing coalition forces to bear against the Chinese would be a wasted effort. There is nothing really that coalition forces bring to the table that the U.S. doesn't already have, or at the very least have over the Chinese or the Russians. Nor do I see any reason as to why the slight increase in numbers that coalition forces (the only really useful members being France and GB) would provide being all that essential to an attack on mainland China if yhe U.S. cannot accomplish it on its own strength already. As for the U.S.'s Asian allies, they, specifically the Japanese, are highly unlikely to contribute to an invasion imo.
If the war was happening on two fronts though NATO would be sucked in regardless and I'd imagine that the war would spread U.S. land based assets thin but I'd imagine that naval assets would be much more focused on the Asian front and the airforce would be mainly focused in Russia as the Navy has it's own air force.
>>
>>28618242
There would be no invasion, period.

Why do we always forget about nukes?

The only major fights that are going to happen will be in the air or on the sea.

>>28617882
We will all be dead in the long run. What we care about is the next 15 years.

In 50 years India and Southeast Asia will have countered China as much as China is countering America and Japan now.
>>
>>28609698
>chinks
>not being Nazi tier horse drawn supply train/10

Call me when you don't have one apc per 800 men chingchong
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.