[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Must sign up for draft to qualify for financial aid?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 7
File: maxresdefault.jpg (189 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
189 KB, 1920x1080
College student anon here.

Was at work and a coworker told me that "to qualify for financial aid, you have to sign up for the draft when you turn 18"

I told him "The fuck you talking about? What do you mean 'Sign up for the draft'?"

He's telling me that to qualify for federal aid in college, you have to sign up for the draft

>He keeps saying DRAFT

So why is it that to allegedly qualify for financial aid, you have to VOLUNTARILY sign up for an INVOLUNTARY service, ie the draft?
>>
>>28571604
Financial aid is voluntary too, there's no so thing as free.
>>
File: jv4t2f.jpg (132 KB, 432x324) Image search: [Google]
jv4t2f.jpg
132 KB, 432x324
>>28571604
>service guarantees citizenship
do it looser
of do you want communism to win ?
>>
>>28571604
They automatically signed me up when I enlisted. It didn't even make sense.
>>
>>28571604

>expects to be handed everything for free without doing anything for it

And even at that, you have a very slim choice of being drafted you fuckin hippie
>>
>>28571604
What is this thread even about?
You don't "sign up" for the draft, you register for it just like everyone else has to

It's been a while but I'm pretty sure I did that when I registered to vote.
>>
>>28571604

>So why is it that to allegedly qualify for financial aid, you have to VOLUNTARILY sign up for an INVOLUNTARY service, ie the draft?

Shit kid, no one is making you apply for financial aid.

Given your ignorance of that requirement though, and already (presumably) having spent at least one semester at college, gonna go out on a limb and say mommy and daddy paid for it and it never crosses your mind that most people want something in exchange for something, including the government.
>>
>>28571653

Communism is state control over businesses.

In America if you don't pay taxes they steal your business or shut it down.

America is covertly communist.

Different tactics, same result.
>>
Google it, retard. You are legally obligated to register for the draft. Registration is the acknowledgement that you are fit for military service (or believe that you are).
Don't panic, dipshit. It's not like they're going to show up and haul you off to Afghanistan if you sign the forms.
>>
>>28571604

I never signed up, I got my financial aid.
>>
>>28571731
>exchanging money for the guarantee of rule of law and essential services
>IDS GOMMUNISM!!!!!!!!! :DDDDh

where do you morons come from?
>>
>>28571604
Last time I checked it was a requirement to sign up for selective service at the age of 18 for all male US citizens.
>>
>>28571755
this

we haven't had a draft since Nixon nix'd it but you still have to sign up
>>
>>28571755

You act like they'll do any thing about it. Ppl think same thing for jury duty. Never signed up when I was 18, never responded to jury duty twice.
>>
>>28571604
It's practically automatic now. Your parents probably got a confirmation letter in the mail, but I never had to sign up for anything. Same for my friends.
>>
>>28571646
>>28571679
>>28571706

No I'm not mad, nor do I have an issue with it. It just doesn't make any sense. It sounds so backwards.

>Enlist for draft. War. Get selected. Okay
>Don't enlist for draft. War. Get selected anyways. Okay

You see what I'm saying? Why not just have it automatically register me if regardless of the situation, If I'm selected, I'm going to go anyways?
>>
File: reported.png (4 KB, 354x76) Image search: [Google]
reported.png
4 KB, 354x76
>>28571784
Interesting, friend.
>>
>>28571837
I applied to a government job and didn't even know there was a paper. The person collecting paperwork got mad at me for that.
>>
>>28571755
You also have to sign up for selective service if you're a legal US resident. I had to before I became a US citizen.
>>
>>28571748

>the government owns everything
>imminent domain
>ITS NOT SLAVERY OR THEFT GUYS AMERICA IS LAND OF FREEEDOMS

where do you morons come from?
>>
>>28571784
They don't enforce it, but holy fuck when they find out you didn't sign up during some sort of investigation unrelated to selective service.
>>
>>28571862

Yeah, never followed that rule and never been banned for any thing....I've posted some fucked up shit on here. Even if I was banned, it wouldn't affect my life.
>>
>>28571924

I work for the state, they didn't give two shits.
>>
>>28571905

>Government controls nothing
>People panic
>Mogadishu 2.0 because something has to fill the power gap

There is no better system right now then the one we currently have in place you stupid edgelords I'd love to see society collapse and you anarchist shitheads with nogunz would be the first to die
>>
>>28571784
You would have to be pretty dumb to expect to be drafted homie. It's just something you're supposed to do but no one really cares about anymore.
>>
>>28571960

Oh yea, like what happened to millions of native Americans? It was all that government control that caused their prosperity, and when government left they all died?

Nope. Other way around. Government killed them.

>government controls everything
>people panic
>Mogidishu 2.0 because something has filled the power gap

Fixed that for you.
>>
>>28571604
OP sounds autistic.

Don't worry, the military won't draft the mentally handicapped.
>>
>>28571604
Uh, if you're a male that turned 18, you are required by federal law to sign up for the draft in the USA, despite the draft being abolished. Evading it pretty much strips you of any federal rights, along with 5 years jail time.
>>
>>28572007
>millions of native Americans
...who routinely engaged in seasonal warfare, rape, child murder of any child not of their tribe, scalping, ritual mutilation of the dead, torture, horse thievery, etc.

Look at modern tribal societies in Africa and the Middle East. The fuck makes you think *our* tribals were any different, or any better?
>>
>>28571604
You have to signed it regardless for your High School degree, or at least that was what I was told when I graduated.
>>
>>28571839
Its called the "selective service" and generally if you register to vote, then you also registered with the selective service. Its actually a constitutional requirement since EVERY citizen is part of that well regulated militia. But in the event of a war, in the past people enrolled in college are exempt from being selected. So...
>War
>Inna college
>Not drafted.
But yes, if you want to vote, or get a federal job you will need to register for the draft. It is your duty as a citizen.
>>
>>28571604
Male US citizens must register for selective service upon turning 18. Rarely is it actually enforced or penalties applied for not doing it (refusal of financial aid, fines, etc) but when I got my drivers licensed they offered through the same service register me for selective service and voting so yeah.
>>
>>28571604
What Can You Do if You Did Not Register and are Now 26 or Older?

If you have passed your 26th birthday and are now being denied eligibility for federal student financial aid, federal job training, or federal employment, or are having difficulty obtaining U.S. citizenship because you failed to register, you have the following recourse available to you: explain to the official handling your case (for example, a student financial aid officer) the reasons for your failure to register with Selective Service.

A non-registrant may not be denied any benefit if he can "show by a preponderance of evidence" that his failure to register was not knowing and willful. Offer as much evidence supporting your case, and as much detail, as possible.

You may be asked for an official response from the Selective Service System, which is referred to as a “status information letter.”

as long as you are not over 25 you can sign up and its fine, if you forget about it no one really cares unless you seek federal employment or finical aid.

But seriously are you millennials retarded, how did you not know about the selective service. Has common core cucked this nation that hard??
>>
>>28572223
>But seriously are you millennials retarded, how did you not know about the selective service. Has common core cucked this nation that hard??

Nigger I'm 28, and at no time while I was in school did anyone talk about Selective Service.

I only knew because my dad told me.
>>
File: 1445748945452.jpg (85 KB, 767x822) Image search: [Google]
1445748945452.jpg
85 KB, 767x822
>>28571604
>Doesn't know about selective service

You're ostensibly an adult, how have you managed to not know about this?
>>
>>28572208

Pretty much this, plus the documents actually mention it when you sign them.

Having a draft at this point would be political suicide, that said when most people think 'draft' they think WWII or Vietnam, and many just went and straight up enlisted.

If things get fucked up to the point they need a draft in today's world, enlistment / forced enlistment is really going to be the least of everyone's problems.
>>
>>28571960
>he isn't aware that the private sector can do literally everything the government does, but much better
>>
>>28572452
But MUH ROADS
>>
>need financial aid because scholarship only covers 2 years of school
>need to sign up for draft even though I'm disabled
fug
>>
>be 18+
>2016
>not knowing what the selective service system (SSS) is
>Wiki "Under current law, all male U.S. citizens are required to register with Selective Service within 30 days of their 18th birthday. In addition, non-U.S.-citizen males between the ages of 18 and 25 (inclusive) living in the United States must register."

what the fuck do they do in school now a days? Seems like all it is now is just sex/drug ed.

>>28571604
If you're a registered voter you probably already signed your soul away. If not, you better get on that shit quick or suffer a 250k fine.
>>
>>28572452
Explain space.

SpaceX has a huge failure rate of over 7%, as does NG. NASA has an extremely small failure rate in comparison.

Having the private sector control everything is no better than the government control everything. Private police stop doing their jobs? Well silly, you have to pay them to enforce the laws, EMTs? Sorry, we don't accept insurance... here's a $1000 fee.
>>
>>28572452
>Big businesses are your friends
>>
>>28572577
I... I turned 18 just over 4 months ago. Did I have to sign up for SSS? Am I a criminal now?

"Land of the free."
>>
>>28572452
Good goy, this message was sponsored by your friendly neighborhood Coca-Cola district. Remember, don't forget to drink your Coke or else you get no roads!
>>
>>28572638
just sign up when you register to vote.
>>
>>28571604
The draft hasn't been used since Vietnam. The only time it's ever going to be used again is if some country that is actually worth a shit actually makes a move that is worth calling up additional troops. That's not even someone nuking us, because we have the best force projection in the world. So we're talking about someone who has the ability to reduce our numbers AND put their own troops on US soil, which is pretty much NO ONE currently.(Also, Aliens. You might be called up if aliens invade us.)

And if any of these scenarios happen, it's you're dog gone duty to serve anyways.
>>
>>28571604
The draft is not voluntary, if you don't sign up for it you're breaking the law
>>
>>28571739
Your high school probably did. Did you ever sign anything while taking a standardized test?
>>
>>28572674
or shit you can register online right now
>>
>>28572674
I was registered to vote when I got my license when I was 16.
>>
File: mmmsoup.png (517 KB, 1093x792) Image search: [Google]
mmmsoup.png
517 KB, 1093x792
>all males must register for SSS
>females are exclusively exempt
>tfw women demand equality

makes me wonder how many dudes will go trans or identify as semen incubators if draft letters get passed out like hotcakes.

probably have to make it known before shit hits the fan. get on it faggots
>>
>>28572062
no-one's tribe is any different really, if the Native americans had the guns, germs, and steel the Europeans had, we'd all be high cheekbone tree huggers posting on 4chan.how
>>
>get drafted
>refuse

Wow that was hard
>>
>>28571739
Ever sign up for a state ID?
>>
>>28571933
I used to know people like you when i was in high school.
You know what they were? Full of shit.
Compulsive liars.
You aren't impressing anyone on this Belgian stamp collecting forum.
>>
>>28572805
>Wow that was hard
that not the hard part
>dodge draft
>be on the lamb for the rest of your life
>can't do anything that requires a SS# for fear of getting caught and jailed
>can't into house, rent, car, work, ect
>literally be a hobo/hippie

i heard federal prisons are actually nice. Might as well call your self a draft dodger and turn yourself in. Only problem would be after shtf and the draft if over, you'll be pretty much fucked as mentioned above.
>>
>>28572606
Nasa contracts companies for their rockets, companies like spaceX
>>
>>28572724
M2F sex changes don't make them exempt. They still have to be registered and would be treated as males(which is what they are).
>>
>>28571784
they will.
>>
>>28571604
Seems appropriate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFFOUkipI4U
>>
>>28571784
You may have warrants for contempt of court.
>>
>>28572452
>this machination of man's intent to control other men is better than that other one
>>
>>28571784
You better hope you never get pulled over, you have warrants in your name.
>>
>land of the free
>every male is forced to sign up forba draft to die for israel
top kek americucks
>>
>>28571604
It's the law that all men must register for selective service at the age of 18. They won't come after you for it but it's required to vote and partake in other federal actions. ie financial aid.
>>
>>28571604
All male united states citizens (or residents) must sign up for selective service between the ages of 18 and 26.
Failure to do so after age 26 can carry hefty fines or a prison sentence of up to 5 years.
Several states automatically sign you up when you apply for a driver's license others require you to do so yourself.
Selective service enables you to be chosen if the draft is called during wartime.

Fun Fact: Back in the early days of the country the majority of men (specifically poor non-land owning white men) were only given the right to vote in exchange for compliance with the draft.
>>
>>28576414
>Fun Fact: Back in the early days of the country the majority of men (specifically poor non-land owning white men) were only given the right to vote in exchange for compliance with the draft.
Sauce on that. The draft is a Civil War invention in our country,
>>
>>28576483
The civil war was still pretty early in the United States lifetime. Maybe that's what anon meant. Or maybe there was another similar system in place for local militia type drafts.
>>
>>28576483
There have actually been multiple variations on the draft throughout america's history with one of the earliest having been during the war of 1812
>>
>>28576557
Where and when? I'm asking, not challenging.
>>
>>28571604
Selective service isn't voluntary. You were supposed to sign up for it 30 days after your 18th.
>>
>turn 18 and get my SS card
>friends are all butthurt
>realize I would enlist long before we would do a draft again
If we did a draft again major shit is going down.
>>
>>28572452
>isn't aware that the private sector can do literally everything the government does, but much better
So why doesn't it, then? Explain that.
>>
>>28576630
It's against the law to outcompete government. People literally get killed for it.
>>
>>28576729
this.

bunch'a dumb meatbags otb, i tell ya.
>>
>>28571604

UNDER AGE
>>
>>28571784
Enjoy those bench warrants family
>>
>>28572872
While I wouldn't call federal prisons nice per se they're a much MUCH better option than your county jail/state prison.
>>
>>28572452
>what are public goods
>what are externalities

While I also am in favor of a smaller, less intrusive federal government, I am completely willing to concede that there are some things that are best handled by the federal government and not corporations.

Would you want to leave national defense in the hands of Academi, for instance? The various city-states of Italy tried something similar in the early modern era, and the result was a horrible fucking farce/disaster.
>>
I foolishly submitted my selective service act form under pressure from my father. If I had known like I do now the history of why it was made and the fucked up wars it was utilized to send innocent Americans who were unwilling participants to their graves. I would have burned my registration form and if I have a son who gets to that point I will burn his too. This article on Abraham Lincolns true motives and corruption show the fucked up reason the draft was implemented. http://www.civilwar.org/hallowed-ground-magazine/unpopular-mr-lincoln.html.

TL;DR version : The draft is a act of desperation, when the civil war lost public support in the union and has been historically defended with zealotry like levels of propaganda as necessary and patriotic, when in reality it is just a conscription mechanism masked as patriotic duty.
>>
48 years old. Never signed up for draft. No fed job. No financial aid for school.
Worst thing i ever did was not sign.
I hate this fucked up government.
Trying to wait it out to 65.
Life is hell.
>>
>>28571604
It's called selective service nowadays and nobody has been drafted since 1976. The odds of you getting drafted are almost zero.
>>
>>28571604
you little bitch if you want your government to give you an insanely good loan you must sign up for the selective service. sign your transgirlfriend on too no one is fooled.
>>
>>28571739
They call it selective service. You legally have to sign up when you turn 18. Otherwise no drivers license, no loans student or otherwise. It's the law.
>>
>>28576414
That fact simply shows how the draft was simply a tool for state sponsored economic terrorism and maintaining the unwilling participants that was the American public at large.
>>
>>28579417
Burning your form would be stupid. It's much smarter to either try to get disqualified or to just wait until people are being drafted (probably not in your lifetime) and then get disqualified on a medical.

Relevant song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFFOUkipI4U
>>
>>28571604
>want help from the government
>required to sign up to serve said government to receive help
What's hard to understand? It's as simple as it gets?
>>
>>28571604
Yes, in order for a male to qualify for federal financial aid, he must register for Selective Service, which is how they have all of your shit for a draft. If they do call you up (there isn't a draft on right now, and likely hasn't been for a couple decades longer than you've been alive) you can just be like "oh, I'm a pre-op transsexual," and they'll not take you.
>>
>>28579545
freedom ain't free hippie
>>
>>28571604
Go ahead, contracts signed under duress aren't legally valid anyways.
https://www.lawguru.com/articles/law/business-law/signing-under-duress-when-does-it-render-a-contract-void

It'll end the same way either way you go anyways.
>>
Tp qualify for any federal benefits or jobs, you must register with selective service.
>>
File: 472.png (609 KB, 1110x736) Image search: [Google]
472.png
609 KB, 1110x736
>>28571604
Protip: If you have a drivers license, you were probably already registered for selective service.
>>
I wish the US had a mandatory military service. Not a deployed service, but something like when you turn 18 you're in the reserves for a while. I don't know, I feel like it would've helped me.
>>
>>28579989
idiot
>>
>>28579989
That's your own damn fault, nothing stopped you doing it yourself.
>>
>>28580006
/k/uality posts this afternoon.
>>
>>28571604
just register you nigger it takes like 2 seconds they haven't drafted anyone since 1960
>>
>>28580018
thanks famalamadingdong

>>28580000
>>
OP, if you ever plan on having any government job you also have to be registered for the draft.

This applies to local, state, and fed jobs.

Don't fuck around. If you are not registered contact the SSS and get registered.
>>
>>28571784
When was the last time you bought a gun?

Enjoy your NICS denial.
>>
>>28572638
If yoy didn't get the form in the mail, you can do that shit online, or hit up the post office for a hard copy. Its 5 minutes of work.
>>
>>28576586
This.

WTF OP why do you hate America?
>>
>>28571784
>This is a letter to all law enforcement officers in the state of /k/tucky
>WHEREAS, Anon P. Benis failed to respond to summons for jury selection,
>and WHEREAS, under title 8, section E-N, subsection 15, persons summoned for jury selection must respond within 72 hours,
>and WHEREAS, Anon P. Benis has a small penis,
>THEREFOR, a warrant for the arrest of Anon P. Benis is hereby issued
>>
>>28572872
Just go to Canada.
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.