[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is there so much dislike for ringknockers on /k/ and other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 290x174
Why is there so much dislike for ringknockers on /k/ and other Internet boards?
>>
Jealousy.
>>
>>28559693
because most of them are dumb as fuck fresh out of the academy and those are the ones the enlisted usually deal with.
>>
>>28560567
oh and the important part: they're dumb as fuck and they're in charge of you. if they were dumb but enlisted then they aren't as hard to deal with.
>>
>>28560597
So basically retards hating other retards for being retarded but better paid?
>>
File: Haters_Gonna_Hate_02.jpg (52 KB, 570x515) Image search: [Google]
Haters_Gonna_Hate_02.jpg
52 KB, 570x515
>>28560597
Smart enough to get into the academy. Smart enough to beat out 50,000 other application. Smart enough to finish the academy. Smart enough not to have to enlist.

Face it. It's nothing buy hicks, spics, and niggers who enlist. These are kids who come from broken lower class homes where enlisting is better than not having a job or working in some coal mine. These enlisted kids are not too bright, if they were, they'd have more options than enlisted; they would have applied for and got into one of the academies and gotten and education and experience that are sought after post service. Instead these 11b motherfuckers get all tatted up, leave after 4 years and go right back to the trailer park they came out of.

Sure, they're pissed that someone else has a better brain and better life than they do.
>>
>>28560647
they're book smart and can handle college, for sure, but when it comes to the military they don't know what to actually do when they first get there and would benefit from listening to their senior subordinates who know how the place works.
>>
They generally have a much higher opinion of themselves and how much they know than warranted when they get into an actual unit.
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 576x627) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 576x627
>>28559693
True story.

>Be veterine!
>Be onnabus
>Be coming back from the gas chamber
>Have a new butterbar
>All windows open
>Hensely Spits out the window
>It blows back in the bus and hits me in the forehead.
>"GODDAMMIT HENSLEY! IF YOU DO THAT AGAIN, I'LL PUNCH YOU IN THE BACK OF THE FUCKING HEAD!"
>Hensley does not hear me.
>Butterbar shoots me the biggest shit eating grin ever.
>"You won't do it, anon!"
>Blink twice in disbelief
>Stand up and fucking rock Hensley in the back of the head
>Hensley wonders why he just got fucking rocked in the back of the head.
>Sees me sit back down.
>Comes across the seat at me.
>People pile on to separate us, including the pointer.
>We return to the barracks.
>A WILD FIRE TEAM LEADER APPEARS!
>"Anon, why the fuck did you punch Hensley in the back of the head"
>"Wait! He did it because the LT called him out on it."
>"He did? Oh, alright then."
>Find Hensley and apologize like a motherfucker.

Grunt Life, baby.

Grunt Life.
>>
>>28560647
MFW over 50% of enlisted recruits join already having degrees.
>>
File: 865785443.jpg (23 KB, 546x320) Image search: [Google]
865785443.jpg
23 KB, 546x320
>>28560647
This is what liberals actually believe.
>>
>>28560647
>acting like the only people who enlist do it because they have no other choice.
>thinking in absolutes or generalizations ever
>>
I'm not sure about other branches, but I can speak from my experience in the Air Force...

We didn't really have much of an issue with Zoomies, as most ended up in flight operations compared to most ROTC grads. ROTC grads were a real 50/50 shitfest.

I know from experience that getting into the AF academy is TOUGH. Their standards are incredibly high. Not to mention that every academy has rigorous academics and extracurriculars are required. It's a tough 4 years. It's a free education shoved up your ass 1 or 2 pennies at a time.
>>
>>28559693
>butterbars
>deserving respect

lmao
>>
>>28562367

Also, let's be realistic. These butter bars come from an extremely controlled environment for 4 years, and are thrown into the regular Air Force with very little idea of what to actually do. Sure, they did "leadership training" in the academy, but it does not prepare them for the actual day to day job of commanding young enlisted men. It doesn't give them real world experience. The academies, from what I understand, are like hyperbolic chambers. It's no wonder that they come out at 22 with no fucking clue how the real world works
>>
Why do I PERSONALLY not like ring knockers? Because they're likely to shunt me aside career wise through cliquishness. That and I was silly and didn't shoot for admission into the Air Force Academy because I didn't know that I wanted to go military at the time.

Now why enlisted don't like them? I have no clue.
>>
People who made use of academy education or had actual meaningful careers don't do tacky shit like that.

Butterbar LT's who only got in because of Daddy's congressman friend do.

Sort of like Doctors (doctorate degree-- medical or otherwise) who get bumrekt when someone calls them Mr. or some shit like that.

TLDR if you earned a title but that title alone means more to you than what you do with it/what it entails you're a fag
>>
>>28559693
First off, they are arrogant little pricks.

Second off, they didn't join the military to be military. They joined to add to the political shitfest that is senior commissioned life. They know full well they have to "drudge through" 01-04 before they're in their element, and in the meantime they're going to politicize and bureaucratize everything they can get their slimy hands on.

Third off, they have zero real-world experience and went from a 100% controlled environment where everything down to shitting time was scheduled in 10-minute blocks to being on their own, so they're lost.

Fourth off, Academy leadership training is a goddamned joke and in no way applies in the slightest to real life. If you think drill sergeants/instructors make people do dumb shit for no reason, you will shit yourself the first time you're around an Academy grad.

Fifth off, they know neither strategy nor tactics. The Academies are first and foremost Ivy-league-comparable colleges, all military training is secondary to their polisci/english degrees. They make dumb decisions that get people killed (both on and off the battlefield), and because they're Academy grads they get lauded for it.
>>
>>28562667

>Could have gone to a prestigious college, gotten a bigger salary, and joined a more prestigious bureaucracy
>Chose a low paying military commission with much higher risk associated
>Zero real world experience, just like most fresh enlisted and newly minted officers from other backgrounds unless they're joining in their mid-late 20's.
>know neither strategy or tactics after years of classes on strategy or tactics
>polisci/english degrees

Wanna know how I know you're lower class and salty about it?
>>
>>28562749
Fucking this.
>>
>>28562749
Oh yes, please regale me with your hot opinions sire.
>>
>>28562367
What are the ROTC grads like compared to the Academy guys in the Air Force?
>>
>>28562822
Less qualified.
>>
File: 1403124477316.jpg (110 KB, 724x844) Image search: [Google]
1403124477316.jpg
110 KB, 724x844
>>28559693
because when I was in I had to deal with their incompetency.
>>
VMI and Citadel grads dominated Westpoint grads at Ranger School and IBOLC when I was there
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 337x436) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 337x436
>>28562367

Does AFA really have the best chicks?
>>
>>28562888
Air force in general has the best chicks.
Marines in admin or air wing positions are in second, followed by navy, then army.
No idea about CG.
>>
File: 1447265608378.jpg (66 KB, 528x792) Image search: [Google]
1447265608378.jpg
66 KB, 528x792
>>28561454
yfw that statistic is bullshit and you're literally potentially DOWNs for believing it
>>
Suddenly I'm glad I'm doing PLC...
>>
File: nation building.jpg (17 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
nation building.jpg
17 KB, 320x320
>>28562749
>this mad you were a second son and given to the army while chad got the family business
>>
>>28562930

Dad was a 20 year vet. Didn't have a business.
>>
>>28560647
This is why we hate them. Right here.

Every single one I've met has acted like this.

Crazy, considering the types of people that enlist. I've met some of the smartest and most talented men I'm convinced I will ever meet, and all but one of them is enlisted. The other one got out to go get his masters at Cambridge.
>>
>>28562888
I'm so conflicted. On one hand they're hot, but on the other hand there's no way that hair is in regs.
>>
>>28562667
Preach
>>
>>28559693
I've never met one that cares about his men.
>>
>>28562938
>this salty your families only legacy is being lifers
>this salty that your father was a second son given to the military
>>
>>28562421
>hyperbolic chambers
>>
>>28563061
>implying it's not that too
>>
>>28562993
>cheerleading outfit
>whatever the Air Force equivalent of AR 670-1 is compliant hair
Pick one.
>>
>>28562866
To be fair new LTs are almost universally terrible during Ranger School.

Here's your Ranger School power rankings for people who actually know their shit and won't fuck you over on your patrol
1. Captains who've gone to the career course
2. Guys from SF
3. Big Army NCOs=Battalion privates
4. Big Army lower enlisted=people from other branches
5. A house plant
6. VMI LTs=Foriegn nationals
7. ROTC
8. Power Gap
?. Academy Grads.
>>
Compared to the other branches how come almost every Admiral in the Navy is an Academy grad? Is it a bigger deal in the Navy?
>>
>>28561480
>working class and non-college graduates
Don't you mean "40 years and older working class and non-college graduate males"?

Either way, >>>/pol/
>>
>>28559693
Envy. The non-comedy answer is probably closer to >>28560567

>>28562421
Yeah man I'm sure a fucking jet pilot really needs to understand what life is like in whatever thankless AFSC you got suckered into signing up for to in order to properly fly his plane.

>>28562667
>They know full well they have to "drudge through" 01-04 before they're in their element

I don't think the average cadet has any idea about this. Also, that's like fifteen fucking years man.

>>28562888
Yes

>>28563036
The only difference between officers who "really care about their men" and those who don't is how good they personally are at PR. This isn't a trivial skill for an officer but you shouldn't get too butthurt about it.

>>28563710
It has to do with how the Navy's organizations. The short story is that the Naval Academy gets the lion's share of Line positions. The same is true to some extent in the Army but it's not as noticeable because in the Army there are a higher number of jobs that can ultimately qualify you to become a general officer.
>>
>>28564802
>I don't think the average cadet has any idea about this. Also, that's like fifteen fucking years man.
It's called the million dollar decision for a reason anon.

Anyway they may not realize it at first, but well before they're 1LTs butterbars realize making LTC is highly political. They then quickly decide to play the game or not.

That being said, being in an organization where officers leave every two years but the NCOs are basically permanent had helped to mitigate a lot of the usual BS. On the other hand we have to deal with the fact that every new officer is totally excited for their first training cycle and wants to implement something new and exciting whereas you're on you're tenth and have been running on a fuck deficit since your third.
>>
>>28564802
>it's just PR

Bullshit. It's making decisions about actions that effect those below them.

I get extremely butthurt about having my time wasted, my men overworked/treated poorly, and all of us disrespected.

It's very easy to see when someone cares more about their career than their subordinates. One of the best PL's I've ever had was fired by the CO because he wouldn't "play the game".
>>
>>28564855
Making LTC isn't too political, at least for combat arms officers. It's actually once you get to LTC that the game changes.

>>28564902
I'll go ahead and backpedal on that comment. There are definitely shitty officers who don't give a fuck, don't think about anyone but themselves, etc. But I've also seen a lot of times when a commander gets ordered to feed a shit sandwich to his men, and gets blamed for it.

Also, the daily experience of a lot of officers can get pretty terrible, and this can cause some of their soldiers' complaints to see petty.

>someone cares more about their career than their subordinates
Officers who care about their careers get promoted. Officers who don't get to find a new career. The trick for *their* officers is making sure the "caring about your men" and "caring about your men" incentives align. Going back to the above, if Colonel Fucknuts decides to impose a barracks curfew on soldiers living on post, Captain Brownie who nods along gets to keep his job, while Captain Empathy complains and gets labeled a troublemaker. God help him if he's materially complicit in opposing the retarded policy.
>>
>>28565073
Whoops "caring about your career" and "caring about your men".
>>
>>28564855
>have been running on a fuck deficit since your third.
you
I like you
>>
The way the pick officers is fucking retarded. My first Lt. couldn't even speak English without Ebonics in it. He literally used to say "Suscusses" for excuses.
>>
isn't the the senior enlisted supposed to help guide the lieutenant into making the right decisions and grow as a leader? sure, the college is a controlled environment and sure, the guy might not have a clue about what to do, but he spent four years learning leadership and theory in preparation for the job. why not just let him rubber stamp whatever you guys do until he comes up to speed where he can combine his education and his experience to become a better leader?

of course if he's a righteous cunt about his rank and pretends his education has more value than your experience then you have every right to hate them.
>>
>>28562421
>Sure, they did "leadership training" in the academy
Some of them end up being the wing commanders or other cadet officer position as two degrees or firsties, so experience may vary.
>but it does not prepare them for the actual day to day job of commanding young enlisted men
This is part of the issue. Even if they were in command of the four degrees or similar, everyone at the academy wants to be there and has worked hard to be there, whereas the military in the wild is a mixed bag.
>>28562667
>polisci/english degrees
Degrees often have little to do with their job in anyway. My cousin I think got a degree in engineering from Annapolis went Marine upon graduation, and promptly was sent to fly helicopters. My father got a degree in physics/meteorology, spent a couple years in charge of an F-15 maintenance squadron and then did research (effects of explosions on nuclear warhead storage and ABL from what I remember) and ended in some resource/management operation. Part of that was in 07/08 I think with moving lots of people out of Libya? in a very short time or some such. We won't mention my uncle, cause he got kicked out of the marine corps.
> all military training is secondary to their polisci/english degrees. They make dumb decisions that get people killed (both on and off the battlefield), and because they're Academy grads they get lauded for it.
Bullshit. I don't know what you're smoking but it's something stronger than weed.

Half of ya'll are just salty and couldn't lead so much as a cub scout troop.
>>
>>28565177
>why not just let him rubber stamp whatever you guys do until he comes up to speed where he can combine his education and his experience to become a better leader?
THEY DON'T WANT TO LISTEN BECAUSE THEY ARE "SUPERIOR" AND "IN CONTROL"
THAT'S THE WHOLE PROBLEM
>>
One of my mother's tax clients was an F-100 pilot. He told me ringknockers were the bad way to become an officer. I skipped my athletic invitation to Colorado Springs because of that. I'm actually kind of glad. I'd take normal college education over "you're a shitty baseball player but I'll tolerate you for a college offer" any day.
>>
>>28565073
So we agree then. And believe it or not we know about yall getting ordered to do stupid shit. We just need something to bitch about while we work.

Trying to remember the term for it, but it's basically a term for this "phenomenon":

There are two types of men in any organization. Men who care about "the mission" and men who car about the organization. Men who care about the organization will always be in charge.
You pretty much have to play the game as an officer if you want to get anywhere, I understand that. Just try to fit us peasants in there every once and a while too, yeah?
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.