[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vz.61 Skorpion for HD. Retarded idea or no? I like the gun a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (193 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193 KB, 900x600
Vz.61 Skorpion for HD.
Retarded idea or no? I like the gun a lot, I just don't know much about .32 ACP. But my place has thin walls and not a lot of maneuvering room, so the compactness appeals as well.
>>
>home defense
>.32 acp
Naw
>>
>>28451645
You're going to be using fmj if you want it to be reliable.
It'll do though, easy to make quick and accurate snap shots using the mag as a girp.
>>
>>28451649
Wasn't it extremely popular in Europe for police and military guns? Can't be all bad, especially with the right ammo. Heck, aren't a bunch of CC pistols chambered in it
I use a Tok right now, and I was looking as a cheap pump, but the layout and small space makes it a pain for a shotgun.

Of course, the odds of me needing an HD gun are crazy low, but rather have it than need it, etc.
>>
>>28451675
Not expanding rounds? I heard there was some good ammo out there like that.
>>
>>28451709
Well, you aren't going to be using it in your vz61 if you don't want a good chance of stoppages in a mag.
>>
File: zergface implying.jpg (39 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
zergface implying.jpg
39 KB, 400x400
Can the action withstand some sort of +P load?

It could enable OP to use Hollow points instead of FMJ's, given that the Vz can reliably cycle HP ammo.

Or find a 9x19 conversion if that even exists
>>
>>28451728
Oh, ok. Like I said, I don't know much about the round.
>>
>>28451755
>Can the action withstand some sort of +P load?
>It could enable OP to use Hollow points instead of FMJ's,
It's not about power, it's about the shape of the bullet making it get stuck while feeding in that particular gun. It's the same reason AK rifles can fail to feed when you use HP ammo.
>>28451826
It's still a bullet, it's still going to wreck somebody quickly. IIRC, the study I saw didn't shot much difference in "stopping" chance between round, at least not till you got to rifles/shotguns. Then the round count to put someone down went way lower, as did their chances of survival.
>>
>>28451645
32 acp is fine, its been used for over a century in military and police roles. Shot placement and bullet type will be important. Get FMJs or hardcast flat nose
>>
The vz. 68 is a 9mm version
>>
File: 32acp.jpg (33 KB, 155x126) Image search: [Google]
32acp.jpg
33 KB, 155x126
Pic kindof related too.
The flat nosed winchester white box on the right, while not actually drilled into a hollow point will fail anywhere between 0 and 3 times per mag.
The s&b rounded fmj has never let me down whatsoever. It only reaches about 900fps IIRC.
>>
>>28451888
but it's so ugly... that mag shape doesn't do it any favors when it comes to look vs the 32acp model
>>
>>28451889
Handload. Most ammo is only loaded to 80-90%
>>
>>28451843
This. A lot of studies I read boil down to placement being more important than sheer size of the round. Tons of people have been killed by .22lr, for pete's sake. And a Vz.61 has, what, a 20 round mag? A shotgun is better, but 20 rounds of .32 is still going to fuck your day up.
>>
Weren't there reports that thick jackets stopped .32 acp?
>>
>>28451843

> given that the Vz can reliably cycle HP ammo.

Please consider re reading what I wrote.
>>
>>28451940
Out of what? a two inches barrel of a old pocket gun loaded whin old ball ammo at more than 20yds? yeah maybe,

a modern bullet shot out of a 4+inches barrel, knowing there are 19other like that...nope
>>
>>28451645
I wonder how difficult it'd be to make one F/A.
>>
No way man

Klobbs suck
>>
they have been imported and there will be more imported 61's chambered in makarov.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.