[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are US Marines in real life really this moronic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5
File: tumblr_koyn5rsenQ1qzgrbuo1_500.jpg (108 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_koyn5rsenQ1qzgrbuo1_500.jpg
108 KB, 500x282
Are US Marines in real life really this moronic?
>>
They are worse
They do stupid shit getting hundreds of people killed
And then pat themselves on the back, job well done.
>>
>>28450949
They can be.

There is a reason why we joke about the most dangerous thing being a bored Marine. When Marines get bored, stupidity ensues.
>>
>>28450949
I mean they are just people, and like 90% of people are generally idiots. Sometimes I wonder if like john Moses browning or Isaac Newton just thought "wow you guys are fucking retards"
>>
>>28450949
Foreigner here. Why the marine isn't a part of the navy like in other countries ?
>>
>>28451062

So that the Prez can use them as an expendable expeditionary force without having to get congressional approval.
>>
File: pupps eliminated.webm (2 MB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
pupps eliminated.webm
2 MB, 960x720
>>
>>28451062
It is
>>
>>28450949
No. Well, maybe
>>
>>28451079
Fucking assholes
>>
>>28451062
If memory serves they used to be but now they are a branch of their own cause they want feel unique little snowflakes..

Also a foreigner.
>>
Is it true that marines are more retarded than army? As a foreigner that's my impression.
>>
>>28451076
>>28451099
Wrong
>>28451086
Right
>>
>>28451062
They are part of the Navy. They get all of their funding from the Navy. You just have the ability to join the USMC instead of the Navy.

>>28451099
lol, no. The Marine Corps has always been a separate branch.

>>28451114
No. Our stupidity just gets highlighted more. Remember, one "oops" will destroy any number of "atta boys". Marines do something stupid, you will invariably hear about it. Army does something stupid, it gets lost in all the bullshit.
>>
File: USMC.png (153 KB, 432x437) Image search: [Google]
USMC.png
153 KB, 432x437
>>28451062
It is part of the navy.
>>
>>28450949
Well, one in Arizona was just arrested for the murder of a 20 year old in Houston celebrating New Year's.

nytimes.com/2016/01/06/us/marine-arrested-in-fatal-shooting-of-college-student.html

Fucking Jamal.
>>
>>28450949
>in real life

Son, that was real life.
>>
>>28451137
>Marines do something stupid, you will invariably hear about it. Army does something stupid, it gets lost in all the bullshit.

So the army has better PR -department?
>>
>>28451097
A fall that could kill a man won't kill a cat but will splatter a horse.
Puppies are small. There's a good chance it lived.
>>
>>28451114
Nah, the Army can get just as fucking retarded as the Marines, the Marines are just better at brainwashing their dudes.
>>
>>28451245
No, the Army is just so big stuff gets lost in the noise. Marine Corps is smaller so stuff gets noticed more easily. Then throw in that they have built up this reputation of being so much better than everyone else that when they fuck up, people notice it more. It's like when the President fucks up compared to a Senator. The Senator might have a week or two where everyone is talking about it but then the incident is quickly forgotten, the President will never be able to live down their mistake. For example, good ol' Bill getting a BJ (supposedly).
>>
>>28451268
Just because there's a possibility the pupper didn't die doesn't make those dickholes any less of a couple of douchebuckets
>>
>>28451268
It didn't. That video caused an uproar years back when it went viral.
>>
File: the more you know.jpg (8 KB, 263x191) Image search: [Google]
the more you know.jpg
8 KB, 263x191
>>28451097
When you got a reputation as a group of aggressive killing machines bordering psychopaths guess what kind of people are going to enlist?
>>
>>28451513
People who are mentally sound enough to use a gun?
>>
>>28451513
Borderline normies?
>>
>>28451337
dogs are haram
>>
>>28450949
Yes.
It doesn't stop the US military from being the most capable fighting force in the world. It doesn't even hinder most from doing their jobs effectively when needed.
But, just like any group of young men in one place, yes.
>>
>>28451542
>>People who are mentally sound enough to use a gun?
and taking orders...
and not much more beyond that
>>
>>28451114
The establishment is definitely more retarded.
>>
>>28451659
Actually according to Quoran and Hadith only black ones. One of the many things you'll find out when studying Islam while not being a shitbrained kebab yourself.
>>
>>28450949
Isn't every military like that
>>
>>28451513
Pissing on graves, skullfucking dead taliban, shooting brown kids; all these things are okay.

Dogs are innocent. That shit is fucked.

>>28451659
Yeah well mudslimes are subhuman. At least dogs can be trained
>>
>>28451821
>Yeah well mudslimes are subhuman.
Indeed. Read: >>28451781

They don't even know their own religion but still demand everybody else to follow their customs.
>>
>>28450949
Missing the point here but ray wasn't really moronic, he was a bit of a joker but was otherwise a quite intteligent guy.
>>
>>28451781
muslimbro go and pls stay go, nobody likes you.
>>
My middle school bully joined the marines.

After he got out he tried to rob some guy at an atm, then found out the other guy had a knife, got stabbed, ran away bleeding to a TGI Fridays, and cried to the cops and told them he was the victim.

Yes they are all that dumb.
>>
>>28450949

Don't give Ray shit, he was a dick but overall competent. Think you should definitely replace that picture mess of a CO Captain America. Holy fuck the first time I watched GK I was hoping he would get fucking beheaded by a flying piece of shrapnel
>>
>>28450949
What the fuck do you think
>>
>>28451079
I don't know what I was expecting but for some reason that felt pretty tame to what I felt was going to happen.
>>
There are some stupid motherfuckers in the Marine Corps. But what I've seen, the other branches have their fair share of people with stupidity of incredible degrees. Not even mad. Sometimes, it really impresses me and go, "what a day to be alive."

Yeah, they are. So are the other branches, but maybe not coast guard. You have to really think about it before you even consider joining them. Not a lot of people do that; I've heard stories of people going to the other recruiting office simply because the other offices were closed and set themselves up for the next four or so years.
>>
>>28451076
Where do people even get this from?
>>
>>28450949
Marines are the reason for curfews on US bases in Japan.
>>
>>28450949
Let's just put it this way: there are a whole lot of marines that are good at digging holes.
>>
>>28453384
>You have to really think about it before you even consider joining them
> You have to really think about it before you even consider joining them
Care to elaborate?
>>
A reminder that USAF personnel are dumber and have caused more fratricide incidents. They also end up on prison more often.
>>
>>28453282
>CO Captain America

I don't think he was CO of their platoon, but agreed. Same for that Casey Kasem retard, and all of Delta Company.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4QTYFklrnA
>>
>>28450949

>Implying Ray was stupid

He was a nerdy AV club kid, probably as smart if not a little more intelligent as most of you fucks. He was goofy but had the best interests of his company at heart.
>>
I remember a story about a Marine who beat up an innocent Orthodox priest because he thought he was a Muslim who was trying to sexually assaulting him somehow.
>>
>>28452027

All he says is "pussy, pussy, you know pussy, pussy, pooooosssseeee haha, pussy, you know pussy, pussy, pussy, pussy, pooooosssseeee, haha pussy haha, pussy, pussy."
>>
>>28453567
Yes. Other branches have their commercials and other "propaganda" to entice you to join. Your average person doesn't really know anything about the coast guard and will probably tell you something way off. So no one really considers the coast guard as an option. Generally, if you do consider joining them, you're at least familiar what sort of operations they do, that is, combatting drug trade and saving sinking ships and what not. You're basically doing the hipster thing to consider joining the coast guard because why? You need a good reason why.

Obviously, you have your small percentage that joins thinking it's the exact same thing as the Navy. I know a guy that did that. The whole time. But look at the utility uniform and tell me that it entices the fuck out of you to join. Well?!
>>
>>28450949
Are 17-26 year old males moronic?

...then yeah.

Military life is no different than College life, it's a small community with many social groups.

I hung out with the model train nerds and while I didn't reveal my true power level and say I was a Warhammer player when I meet other military folks I went along and built WW2 model kits.
>>
>>28451079
>That shrug at the end.

"Nothing personal kid".
>>
>>28451821
I-It was a terrorist's dog right? That puppy got caught trying to activate a road side bomb, right?
>>
>>28451542
A five year old can use a gun, and some do in shittier parts of the world.
>>
>>28452109
Not a muslim. I actually believe that arab imperialism under the flag of Islam is one of the biggest of our time if not the biggest.

I'm just a huge believer of knowing my enemy before engaging him.
>>
>>28450949
the militry doesn't need smart men

it needs stupid folk to follow orders
>>
>>28453873
Meant to say:

>one of the biggest threats of our time if not the biggest.
>>
>>28451079
>28451079
stupid doesn't mean being bad

a smart person can also be cruel
>>
Well even if they were they'd still outperform /k/ by a far margin.
>>
>>28453398
Yeah. And that time when two Navy reservists that weren't even from Okinawa, that raped a girl, gets international attention, was the reason why all US installations went on lockdown and what limitations you have left are even more constricted than it already is.

The majority of Marines are in Okinawa anyways. A six mile air wing is in Iwakuni. But there isn't much significant presence on the mainland. There isn't much friction between us gaijins and the locals in Japan, save for when Hiroshima is around. It was their 9/11 before 9/11 even was.

Saying Marines are the primary reason for the restrictions in Japan is akin to saying blacks are the primary race that commits crime in Detroit. It's true, but it's so circumstantial that any other demographic would be an issue if there's just more of them there. I mean, it's safe to assume the demographic that commits the most in Japan is predominantly Japanese. No one bats an eye.

Foreign stigmatization has been around for a long time. This isn't a new concept.
>>
>>28453710

Exactly! and that part where Ray went fucking apeshit chasing after the guy's from Delta (or Alpha) who were shooting at Bravo during the friendly fire incident. It just proves that he was a smartass who genuinely cared for his guys.
>>
>>28450949
No that is tv bullshit although you will on occasion like any other branch of military get retards.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.