[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So any Texas fags on /k/? What do you think of the open carry/cowboy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12
File: TexasFlagKB.jpg (70 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
TexasFlagKB.jpg
70 KB, 500x200
So any Texas fags on /k/? What do you think of the open carry/cowboy carry? For or against?
>>
I may carry my 1911 more often instead of the Glock, but now I need to get some nice high ride owb leather for it. I'll still have have a cover garment since I don't like the idea of being a ne'er do-well's first target., but it will be nice to not worry about it showing if I have to grab something off of a high shelf.
>>
File: oct-image.jpg (165 KB, 2125x2063) Image search: [Google]
oct-image.jpg
165 KB, 2125x2063
>>28434709
That's practical. I'm just afraid some dumb redneck is gonna make an issue out of it, the whole reason it's concealable is so nobody knows you have it. Toting it in the open is just asking for trouble I feel like.
>>
OP again, thinking about getting a semi-auto. sks looks pretty good.
>>
>>28434803
OCing a long gun anywhere but the range, the pawn shop, or hunting is fucking retarded
>>
>>28434814
That's why I want it. The Range and hunting with my father.
>>
>>28434649
I'm for it because of my political views but I won't ever do it unless I'm at an event for it like last years Capitol open carry event. Or if I'm out pig hunting now I don't have to take off my holster and pistol when I go get breakfast tacos.

Actually I never did that anyways people in my town aren't soccer moms and the sheriff doesn't care.
>>
>>28434649
I thought I'd feel more comfortable throwing my 226 on my hip and just throwing a tshirt half way over it but like some other anons say they don't want to have some dumb ass make a scene.

I'm still carrying my Glock 19 right now but it feels nice not having to hide it as hard. Getting out of the car or reaching for something in the store is not something you have to have one hand on your shirt with now.

All in all I'm a little afraid some retarded wanna be hero is going to tackle me or sucker punch me and try to take my weapon because they don't know the law. You know the type I'm talking about.
>>
>>28434649
I think it's a good idea. Yeah, there's going to be a few dumbasses who be stupid about it, but it'll be nice for the public to get more aquantied with citizens carrying firearms. Hopefully it's popularized to the point where it's a common sight to see people armed in public, to the point where target priority isn't possible.
>>
>>28434803
Stop making our state look bad with your terrible taste in guns.
>>
>>28437630
I like the OC option because right now it's cold enough that I can wear a jacket over a level 2 retention kydex holster and be comfier with a bigger gun.
>>
>>28437994
Stop being a tripfag
>>
>>28438020
I'm being a tripfag and there's nothing anyone can do about it.
>>
File: 1438482641476.gif (891 KB, 325x252) Image search: [Google]
1438482641476.gif
891 KB, 325x252
>>28438067
>>
>>28434649
>What do you think of the open carry
haven't seen anyone do it yet
don't care
>>
I still cc but with bigger guns like my gp-100 since I don't have to worry about printing.
>>
>>28434649
I'm not going to do it, but I don't care if other people do.
>>
A total non event. Local news tried to do a story on it on the 1st, but couldn't find anyone to talk to.

I'm for it, but will probably never do it. It's nice not to have to worry about unintentional display though.
>>
>>28434649
most people who are actually carrying for self-defense will continue to CCW

the law's only for the benefit of a certain variety of OC autist
>>
File: dmn.jpg (55 KB, 600x589) Image search: [Google]
dmn.jpg
55 KB, 600x589
I like the option, though like others have said I'll probably only do it while hunting or in special circumstances. I hope it becomes a normal thing around here though and the butt hurt libs leave and gun laws get looser, or in the very least people are more receptive to gun ownership. We talk big about Texas and i can't speak for the whole state but houston is pretty fucking libshit.
>mfw lib students and professors on my campus said they'd leave if campus carry is implemented
>mfw others have said they'd leave if OC passed
>mfw they think they have ANY value
>mfw I'm packing while they're packing
>>
>>28438117
Yeah, was worried a bit too. Law passed and haven't seen more than maybe 2 people actually doing it.

People really didn't give a shit either way and most people are still concealing it I guess. Law simply meant that I can carry my 92FS or 686 instead of my pussy little shield, which for someone that is 6'3" with matching hands is a welcome change.
>>
>>28434649
>chileans OC'ing
holy shit, my hueones. When did Chile relax its gun laws?
>>
File: tempFile_2015-07-18-02-15-08.jpg (787 KB, 1078x1463) Image search: [Google]
tempFile_2015-07-18-02-15-08.jpg
787 KB, 1078x1463
>>28438067
>>
>>28438232
It's not really a state divide in the US anymore on reds/blues, but rather rural/urban divide. Austin, Houston, and probably soon Dallas are all going to wind up liberal shitholes, and while we give California a lot of flak for being a bunch of faggots, it's really only SanFran dragging the rest of everyone down.
>>
>>28439175
I agree I just can't vouch on their behalf because I just don't know for certain. I suspect new York is a cool state with good people but NYC fucks them. Pretty sad honestly.
>>
>>28438560
Is this DR8COCK?
>>
>>28434649
Very against. Only positive it does is having plebs out themselves. The lack of training and proper equipment for open carry of the general law abiding public is scary. Open carry should require real law enforcement retention holsters and people to be more aware of their surroundings.
>>
It's licensed open carry so we still have a long way to go.
>>
I've tried having conversations with people at my uni about this and it always ends up with them getting fucking butt hurt and none can create an actual constructed argument against firearms without pulling off fallacies like no other.

They all have the mentality of children.

Since then I've just kept my mouth shut and when it gets brought up I'm just all ears.

Seriously, some of the examples and scenarios they come with are so fucking stupid.

Apparently being able to carry means that it's easier to kill a person than, say, a knife. And since that's true, everyone who carries is inherently evil.
>>
File: 1438490221149.gif (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1438490221149.gif
2 MB, 480x360
>>28441796
>>
I'm not against but I'm also not thrilled at some of the autism that I might be encountering in the future. A relative mentioned to me that he wished he would have brought his RIA 1911 to OC starting at the stroke of midnight while we were having a new years dinner at Pappadeaux.

I do not think that would have been an appropriate situation to OC even though I had my CC on me. I just don't want to be sitting next to someone with a gun just chilling out on their hip while I'm trying to eat some red fish and enjoy myself.
>>
File: image.jpg (247 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
247 KB, 750x1334
>>28437630
>>
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 750x693) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 750x693
>>28443277
Meant too post the normal image and not the screenshot with the extra text but spent like 15 minutes looking for it on my phone.
>>
Having a fair bit of experience with open carry while I was living in WA (unlicensed open carry, and it was a royal pain in the ass to get my concealed), I plan on OCing regularly as soon as my LTC gets processed. That being said, I will carry with an active retention holster, and I like to think I'm not an autist. Really it's all personal choice, and most of my handguns are more suited to OC.
>>
File: 6638566.png (65 KB, 427x278) Image search: [Google]
6638566.png
65 KB, 427x278
>>28443307
>Side note for those who care:
I will never get tired of this.
>>
The only real diffrence with this law is now my shirt can be inside my gun rather than outside. I think most reasonable people realize that there is no great diffrence between open and concealed carry.
My personal opinion is that I will still conceal carry just for the extra tatical advantage (and the ranging boner I get when being sneaky) but people can open carry if they want, just be smart about it.
The campus carry is the best part of this law. I have had a hella good time BTFOing anti-rights fags, especially at my campus's open carry forum. The butt-hurt was fresh, juicy and flowed like waterfalls.
>>
>>28434649
Yes.

There is something very good about a pair o drop holster gate converted 1860 5.5 inch barrel with hammer stop and fan tuned 44s.

yes....yes..yes..and a big fucking bowie too.
>>
>>28443445

PITA to get concealed carry in WA?

Bullshit.

WA has had 30-day shall-issue concealed carry since the 1930s.

No training. No test. No "note from dad".

Show up at local Police / Sheriff. Get printed. Full out form. Pay fee ($65-ish). They must issue the CPL (concealed pistol license) within 30 days unless they can show cause why you shouldn't have the CPL. If you are out of state, they have 60 days. If you are not a U.S. citizen, you're sort of hosed.
>>
>>28443655
TAMU?
>>
>>28443655
this.

all these people consistently make a big deal out of it.

However, >>28441796
is also right.

If youre ocing a pistol, good shit, clear a room and keep it on the side where it isnt visible if youre in a booth.

OCing clears the fuzzy vision most people have when trying to classify a bitchmade cumsleeve and a competent gun owner.

T. I fkin live in central texas.
>>
>>28437630
>but like some other anons say they don't want to have some dumb ass make a scene.

I was really happy to read in my local paper the article on the new carry law. It had quotes from the police basically saying "you aren't allowed to call us just because somebody is carrying. Either they're not allowed to carry because the sign posted, they're threatening people/wielding the arm, or they're actually committing a crime. Fuck off if you call us for anything else."

This law is probably not going to change a lot, except with respect to preventing people CCing from getting in shit because their shirt lifted up or was caught around the butt of their gun or something.

I don't mind if other people open carry though, it'll be a good wake up call to other people just how many people carry.
>>
>>28443899
It was a pain in the ass for me to get enough time off work to go to the sherriff. I just opted to OC, it was easier.
>>
What happens if you're carrying concealed inside a business with a 30.07 sign but your gun gets exposed accidentally?

Is the standard beyond a 30.07 sign the same as it was for all concealed carry last year?
>>
>>28434709
Done in one.

I've been carrying a bigger gun without worrying about printing/accidentally exposing (inb4 that was already legal) but otherwise I'm not OCing. Not that I care if others choose to and I'm glad we now have the right to, legally.

Been out in the world a few times since Jan 1 and haven't spotted any OCers yet.
>>
>>28434649
Howdy.
Stephenville reporting. Haven't seen shit yet. Not sure if its a good idea, but hey, to each their own.
Personally, Ill keep CCing. Y'all can open carry if ya want to.
>>
>>28446213
Will take that into account.

Edinburg here. I work across the street from the cop stand, and live a mile away from work. Aside from work and home I don't have any place to really go. So, personally, I not only have no real reason to CC, I have no reason to OC.

Don't get me wrong, I still did OC the one time I had to get a money order for rent. Nobody looked at me weirdly, nobody seemed to notice, nobody actually cared. All in all, I call it a win. I may continue to do so if I have need to exit the house.
>>
>>28445435
It's been reduced to a misdemeanor now
>>
Fact: If you are against OC, you hate the RKBA.
>>
>>28446213
this
its great if someone wants to do it and i support it but i wont do it.
>>
File: image.jpg (302 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
302 KB, 2048x2048
Can you use a micro Uzi pistol as a cc/op in Texas?
>>
>>28434758
I've met dumber rednecks than you've ever seen in Colorado, an open carry state. Never had any problems there.
>>
>>28449144
I've been thinking, way all of the sudden are libtards making the hugest fucking deal out of Texas becoming a open carry state? It's the 45th state too do it.
>>
As a Texan, I think its fine to have. However, if you do it, I think you're a huge faggot doing it for the wrong reasons.
>>
>>28449124
Its so cute desu!
>>
I'm just fine with OC being a thing, I'd rather have the de jure ban on pretty much any kind of melee weapon removed though.

10.46, people. We need it burned.
>>
File: where do you think we are.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
where do you think we are.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>28449176
>reasons
>to exercise your rights
>>
>>28449491

thats like saying going your whole day yelling is exercising your right to free speech. while its technically your right to do so, you're being a dick to people around you.

some people aren't comfortable being around others who have the ability to kill them instantly from range, its a fairly rational fear to have.
>>
>>28449512
dude everything is a weapon, I can kill someone 'from range' with the literal heater I've got keeping my ass warm.
>>
>>28449527

that's a bullshit argument and you know it.
>>
>>28449124
No legal reason you can't.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.