[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Neat 17th Century Stuff
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
Anyone know of good sites/videos/youtubers/blogs/etc for facts and historic bits of arms/armor/uniforms/battles of the 17th century? American history's all well and good, but I'd like a lot of the European stuff too; even Asian. Any country.
>>
File: cuirassier03.jpg (128 KB, 600x936) Image search: [Google]
cuirassier03.jpg
128 KB, 600x936
bumpadump
>>
shrumpadump
>>
File: Gendarmes.jpg (210 KB, 734x435) Image search: [Google]
Gendarmes.jpg
210 KB, 734x435
>>28431102
I too am interested. It's the transitional period between late medieval style, pike and shot, and early napoleonic warfare in both terms of technology and tactics, and ways of raising an army from levy to mercenary to state-funded.

Think of being an arbesquier while gendarmes are flying around like tanks on the battlefield. Fuck. That.
>>
>>28431102
Buy some books, fag.

Matt East on is a good source for weapon info on YT.
>>
File: 1201291901921.jpg (328 KB, 1041x672) Image search: [Google]
1201291901921.jpg
328 KB, 1041x672
>>
>>28431102
Pike and Shot was the best age.
>>
Knyght Errant is probably what your looking for. Uses primary sources, uses physical examples as often as possible, details history, etc.Focuses primarily on armor but that's really the only flaw.

https://www.youtube.com/user/neosonic66
>>
>>28435882
Those guys that dunk under and go to their knee's to start stabbing.
>one lord hires midget soldiers just to run under the phalanx and start hitting knee caps when they meet
>another lord hires midget soldiers to add a lower rank of spears to defend against offensive midgets.
>>
>>28435882
Source?
>>
>>28435882
I still need to watch Altatriste.
>>
File: DSC_0665.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0665.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
>>
>>28431102
If only we had a history board
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.