[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Armchair General Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: illusive-man-mass-effect-14805.jpg (250 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
illusive-man-mass-effect-14805.jpg
250 KB, 1920x1200
Tell me how the US military is doing it wrong.

You are a military genius.
>>
Women in combat, uplifting(?) the ban on transgender people from joining
>>
>>28428710
Who the hell wants a freak who castrated themselves surgically handling guns or operating heavy equipment nearby while they're being shot at? GTFO.
>>
>>28428710
This.
>>
>>28428758
>Tell me how the US military is doing it wrong.
Have you already forgotten what we're talking about? Or are you just assuming that because I said something about transgendered people, it has to be positive?
>>
>>28428684
something something women can't perform in combat arms
>>
Contractions of active combat personnel and shrinking motor vehicle park under Obama administration.
Devoting funds and time to social experiments and climate change instead of actual warfighting
Sacrificing adequate technological advantages in pursuit "sensor fusion" and "information superiority"
>>
>>28428920
All of this is predictable anyone could have made this post I am looking for genius only
>>
The idea that we will always have air superiority is kind of concerning. We expect that we will be vastly superior to our enemies technologically while fielding less and less planes. F22 and F35 programs both had their orders cut if I remember correctly.
>>
Chair Force Intel perspective chiming in:

All the smart people enlisted for 4-6 years, got their Security Clearance and experience, then get out and make mig-high five figures civilian side.

The next group of people either extend their enlistment or reenlist to get their degree, then get out and make six figures civilian side.

Anybody who stays longer than 12 years (2, 6 year enlistments) and doesn't get their Commission is a fucking mouthbreathing retard. I have yet to meet an E-7 or above who isn't a dumb faggot that doesn't know their job, or is holding back the smart junior enlisted.

Officers are different. Intel officers in my experience are generally pretty bright people, but they could be making much more in the civilian world and they're resistant to outside perspective after they get O-5.

There's no incentive for smart people to stay in Active Duty Air Force Intelligence, so all that's left are the unambitious and the idiots. This causes cynicism and frustration with the junior personnel, and they super excited to get out and make big bucks on the outside.

I don't have a solution.

Personally I'm going Officer after I get my degree, and I'll only reenlist a third time if I go Guard so I can maximize income as well as get the retirement benefits of an Officer. I figure I could at least make it to LtCol before my 20.
>>
>>28428684
Going on the offensive with no clear exit strategy. Invading two countries with installing weak and untrustworthy governments and weak pisspoorly trained and zero-motivated armies. Then allowing the idiot who got you into this mess with no clear exit strategy to leave office only to instate a weak idiot with a bad exit strategies..

There! How does that sound?
>>
I think procurement for ammo should be done at the lowest level, and everyone should have more range time.

For two reasons this should be done. People in the military need to be able to shoot well.

The second and more important reason is that ammo doesn't go bad, so buying it, and possibly restocking it by reselling to the public would be a better use of money than having to buy a pallet of alarm clocks because "there is still money in the budget"

Just buy ammo. It keeps its value. If the ammo is surplus, it can be sold to the public at only a slight discount, allowing the military to avoid unnecessary expenditures.
>>
>>28429484
Not a bad idea desu
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.