[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/'s thoughts RE the p09 Luger? Anyone here ever shot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
/k/'s thoughts RE the p09 Luger?

Anyone here ever shot one? They seem quite rare nowadays
>>
>>28423800
You can find some mismatched less desirable ones for around $700 if you look around. Other than that expect to pay 1k+ for one.

They're not really all that rare, but they're collectible which drives up their price.
>>
i've got an umarex air gun luger and don't particularly care for the ergonomics
>>
>>28423800
the nicest P08 can turn to utter shit if you have a bad magazine

everything stands with the mag

matching or mismatched doesn't matter if you just want to shoot it
collectibles however vary from 1 grand to 10grand depending on specific manufacturing dates and rarities
>>
>>28423800
>clip
Also why don't more single feed mags have the stud on the follower like the loogie?
>>
File: 20151210_141410-1.jpg (3 MB, 2498x1944) Image search: [Google]
20151210_141410-1.jpg
3 MB, 2498x1944
>>28423800
I got my refinished parts matching luger for 600 burger bucks. It need a new trigger bar though, after a string of malfunctions it slam fired into the dirt 3 feet in front of me. I would like to rebuild the worn part but idk how much that'd cost.
>>
>>28424065
From my experience it is unhelpful at best, tears up your fingers too.
>>
>>28423800
what other guns have a similar action?
I know theres one that does it sideways but each one is several grand.
>>
>>28424250
Borchardt or something. Winchester 94
>>
>>28424250
The maxim machine gun I believe uses a toggle action, the luger borschardt pistol.
>>
>>28423835
I think the grip is pure "united german people" sex
>>
File: Type14.webm (2 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Type14.webm
2 MB, 1024x576
>>28423800
pic related
would love to shoot one one day
>>
>>28424301
those things are finicky af
>>
>>28424301
Wearing a flak vest i hope
>>
>>28424301
If you want a nambu pistol, just get a ruger mk3
>>
>>28424301
truly one of the worst designed pieces of shit to ever be produced in quantity.

its so bad.
>>
>>28424301
Just get a Ruger. Dude literally based his design off them.
>>
>>28428376
Not at all. The Nambu was actually quite well designed, it was just never refined, and that is where problems come in. In reality, it was an excellent target pistol, it just wasn't designed for military service which is why they got such a bad rep. There are 4 main Issues with the Nambu

> Ammo
The Type 14 shoots a rather anemic 8mm cartridge, which is what caused issues on both the Pistols and SMG's that were fielded in WWII. The round was too wimpy to properly cycle the action which is a locked breech design. the Solution would have been to switch to either a simple blowback, or change calibers to something hotter such as 7.63 Mauser or even 9MM.

> Feed Angle.
The Angle at which the cartridge enters the chamber is another of the main sticking points of the design. If the spring isn't strong enough, the cartridge won't properly feed. A remedy for this issue was introduced in 1940 with an Auxiliary sporing along the side to assist the follower, however it still had its issues. This problem wasn't as bad when the guns were new, but you have to remember that all of these pistols are 70+ years old, and springs are worn. Most people don't bother changing them because in order to do so you need to punch out a pin in the magazine which is a pain in the ass.

1/2
>>
>>28428582
> Late war production
Materials and time were short, this lead to shortcuts and bad tolerances. Not much could really be improved on this end. They were losing the war, what could you expect.

> Lack of Refinement.
This is the main issue with the Nambu. The pistol itself was designed back in 1902, this was during that crucial period when Semi-Autos were just taking off. Now, for a turn of the century Semi-Auto design, it was wonderful, however other than some simplification, the design remained largely unchanged until the end of production, and that is where the problem lies. The 1911 for example, started out as the model M1900, and underwent tons of changes before it developed into a reliable and long lasting platform. Now, this wasn't entirely the fault of the designer, it was mainly the fact that in Japanese culture, pistols had no place and therefore no development was put into them. Hell, after the war, the Occupying US Forces would actually have to scold Japanese Police officers because they would refuse to carry their service guns.

TL;DR: It wasn't a bad design, just an Obsolete one pushed into a role it wasn't intended for
>>
>>28423800
Has anyone on /k/ fired one of these Lugers? How does it feel, reliability, etc...
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>28423800
You jelly?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.