[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is this called?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7
File: DSC_0060.jpg (269 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0060.jpg
269 KB, 1000x665
Sorry for being a noob with such a question, but what do you call a rifle that can be broken down in this way (pic included), that is capable of being quickly reassembled? I don't see this implemented in concealed carry often, but I think it would be wonderful to be able to have a full size barrel and carry the receiver with a folding stock separately. Would be more concealable than a bullpup and more effective than a rifle caliber pistol :\
>>
File: DSC_0062.jpg (262 KB, 1000x626) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0062.jpg
262 KB, 1000x626
another pic
>>
>>28423335
It's called takedown

Currently the only gun that implements it effectively is the Ruger 10/22, there are a few Marlin takedown models that require a mallet to reassemble
>>
>>28423335
The Dolos is a piece of shit.
>>
>>28423335
check out the Dolos AR
>>
(OP here) Thanks guys! You just helped me out with what three hours of research could not get done. I love this place!
>>
>>28423355
Negative. Browning had a nice takedown as well as the AR-7.
>>
File: DSC_0050.jpg (231 KB, 1000x582) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0050.jpg
231 KB, 1000x582
OP here, just found out Huntertown Arms makes a ratcheting ring for the AR platform that offers a 5 second takedown, with no play, no need to rezero. Posting another picture of the unknown make just because I have it :)
>>
>>28423335

Literally why would anybody go into the trouble of making a QD barrel/handguard system?

It only saves what, like 7 inches compared to pulling the whole upper off?
>>
If you have a few extra seconds saved in deploying the weapon, it's still a viable concealment solution. Am I completely off? What would be the difference in reattaching the upper vs making 1/3 turn on the locking ring?
>>
>>28423476

Literally like nothing

Stick it on, slap the pins in, it's good to goo

You don't own an AR, do you?
>>
I didn't tear down any, only practiced with several at the range. I was looking for a safer caliber and a more stable platform than what is available with pistols for CCW. Still going to carry a pistol, just looking for additional options. A bullpup is a bit bulky and is one piece. A pistol in rifle caliber or an SBR does not achieve the same velocity as a 16" barrel rifle does. What I'm saying is I need to be able to fire a .223 projectile out of a 16" barrel from a gun that I can fit into a briefcase and have ready to go in under 10-15 seconds
>>
File: cryhavoctac locking levers.jpg (228 KB, 1553x892) Image search: [Google]
cryhavoctac locking levers.jpg
228 KB, 1553x892
Not the best locking mechanism, but a better demonstration of length difference for concealment or storage.
>>
File: IMG_2808.jpg (172 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2808.jpg
172 KB, 1024x683
Continuing, the best QD barrel system I have found so far is the CMMG Quick Detach Barrel Kit, next three pictures will be of it.
>>
File: IMG_2807.jpg (173 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2807.jpg
173 KB, 1024x683
The mounting mechanism seems to be the most robust and also quick to reassemble
>>
File: IMG_2804.jpg (189 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2804.jpg
189 KB, 1024x683
Good luck finding it for sale though...
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.