[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jesus, someone send me a /k/ angel to halp me in my time of need.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: Screenshot_2015-12-25-11-29-36.png (373 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-25-11-29-36.png
373 KB, 720x1280
Jesus, someone send me a /k/ angel to halp me in my time of need.
Okay so I have this wasr 10 and I got magpul furniture for it and I got everything on it except for the damned upper hand gaurd. I know what to do to get dat bish on there but I don't have the right tools. Would appreciate some guidance or tips.
>>
Do you have like big lock jaw pliers and a rag? I took mine off with padded vise jaws and it was pretty damn tight... Good luck...
>>
File: BalkanWasr.jpg (170 KB, 1600x446) Image search: [Google]
BalkanWasr.jpg
170 KB, 1600x446
>>28421619

Use a fuckin adjustable wrench like I do and crank that motherfucker right off.
>>
>>28421619
I don't remember how the hell I got mine off.
Hope that helps.
>>
>>28421619
>magpul furniture
Your gun is giving you a sign, anon. Take the hint
>>
I crammed my Zastava handguard in a vise and took a plumbers wrench to it.

Fucker was on there TIGHT and was packed with dried up grease.
>>
File: AK6.jpg (283 KB, 1375x738) Image search: [Google]
AK6.jpg
283 KB, 1375x738
>>28421663
>Take the hint
Don't listen to this asshole.
>>
>>28421663
This
>>28421619
Twist it the fuck off. Maybe find a tool?
>>
Yeah I tried that and I got nothing out of it. Think that the hand guard might need to be filed down any?
>>
>>28421683
No twist it off you moron.
>>
Forgot to mention I already got the wood hand gaurd off but I can't get the new one on there.
>>
>>28421710
Then twist it on. You're not going to break it use some elbow grease
>>
File: MagpulAK3.jpg (358 KB, 1408x711) Image search: [Google]
MagpulAK3.jpg
358 KB, 1408x711
>>28421710
>Forgot to mention I already got the wood hand gaurd off but I can't get the new one on there.

You might need to trim it. Mine needed some trimming down which I did carefully with a knife.

To be fair, my Balkan wood UHG needed some trimming to fit my WASR also.
>>
I got the magpul one and it was a bitch, nothing worked until I filed down some of the plastic
>>
>>28421742
How in tf did you get the mlok rail pieces in there too. Did you just take the heat shield off?
>>
>>28421731
I'm not really worried about breaking it but I did manage to scratch off some of the protective coating on the gas tube off. Is there an easy fix to that or should I not even worry about it?
>>
>>28421742
Wait your afg is sturdy not having a full rail under it? I wanted to put it on but the fucking rail was too big and I didnt want to put it on a small one because it didnt run the full length of the grip. Is it solid?
>>
File: Magpul_M-LOK_Interval_Spacing.jpg (64 KB, 333x370) Image search: [Google]
Magpul_M-LOK_Interval_Spacing.jpg
64 KB, 333x370
>>28421781
>How in tf did you get the mlok rail pieces in there too

... They have fucking instructions for the love of god.

>Put screw in rail
>Put oval-shaped nut on the screw (FLAT SIDE DOWN)
>Repeat on all other screws/nuts
>Insert the whole motherfucker into the slots on the HG
>Start fucking turning those screws until it locks
>Ta-da

>>28421811
>Wait your afg is sturdy not having a full rail under it?
It was. I had the same fear at first but it held solid. I finally took the AFG off because I got a BCM vertigrip.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>28421830
Damn you are a life saver. Never knew it was possible until that pic. Here she is
>>
Update for anyone who is still on thread: just got the uhg on and I have no idea how I did it. Thanks for the help mates.
>>
>>28421663
>slavaboo
Magpul furniture is comfy as fuck
>>
Can't wait to take it to the range now. Any suggestions on a rail mount I c an get without spending a metric fuck ton of money on.
>>
>>28421800
It's a WASR, who gives a fuck
>>
I was planning on getting new handguards for my yugo from ironwood designs, but I didn't think about if it would be difficult or not changing out the metal ferrules to the new furniture.

Is it as hard as OP is making it out to be?
>>
>>28422722
Depends on the gun. Removing it is easy, getting it on is the harder part
>>
>>28422682
Whoah, no need for the hate.
>>
>>28422722 and its not as hard as I made it out to be. Getting it off was definitely the easier part but what my trouble was was when I tried to twist it, the new uhg would lift slightly making it near impossible to get on. Once I realized what was going on I got it on within a minute.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 308x308
>fuck ugly magpul furniture
>AK

Y tho
>>
>>28423514
I guess its just a matter of opinion whether its a damn sexy addition to any ak (which it is) or not. Not to mention its comfortable as fuck.
>>
>>28423514
This.
>>
>>28423514
>magpul furniture
>ugly
ok slavaboo
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.