[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So heres the deal, im an ausfag who is moving to the states within
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1451847008319.jpg (84 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1451847008319.jpg
84 KB, 720x720
So heres the deal, im an ausfag who is moving to the states within the next couple of months on a confirmed residency

The bad news is at this stage its confirmed for California for until im a citizen in 5 years and can move

I know california is shit tier compared to america, but its still god tier compared to australian law so its a stepping stone in my opinion

What i want to know is are there any non scalping gun stores close to LA county? Im not expecting great prices, but at least something thats only slightly more than other states

Keeping in mind im used to paying 70c USD/r of cheap .223
>>
>>28418880
>non scalping
>california

pick 1

this isnt limited to guns its everything
its not the worst state but its up there on taking your money

though compared to aus you can still get cheap steelcased 223 for under 30 cents easily
>>
>>28418880
How did you confirm your residency?
Another asufag here looking to jump ship over the the states and enlist.
>>
Biggest pain here is needing 2 different proof of residency with address on it
Bank statement and utility bill work
>>
>>28419024
Pretty sure the 2 forms of residency applies to handgun purchases only.
Another alternative to utility bill or vehicle registration is: another document issued by the government. Your DMV ID/License is only one of the two proofs.

Personally, I just applied for a C&R FFL. That worked.
But always call ahead to which ever lgs you're planning to buy from and best to ask the manager. Each store has their own thing about it because even they usually are not clear about the fucking law.

Also, plan on buying a hard or soft case that you can lock. You'll need that to transport your gun from point A to point B. And according to law, you're supposed to lock up your ammo and gun when not in use in your own goddamn house. But truthfully, that's sort of not enforceable and more like tack-on charges for if cops ever do come into your home for whatever reason.

If you're planning on getting a semi-auto rifle, read up on CA's AWB and there are guides online that'll help you with not violating it while still owning one.
>>
>>28419147
to add to
>another document issued by the government.
it needs to have your name and address printed on it AND it needs to have a expiration date.
You would think Fishing or Hunting license, but iirc, that isn't really issued by the government here or some shit. Call the LGS or talk to the manager and get the clear cut things they allow.
>>
>>28419147
>Also, plan on buying a hard or soft case that you can lock. You'll need that to transport your gun from point A to point B. And according to law, you're supposed to lock up your ammo and gun when not in use in your own goddamn house. But truthfully, that's sort of not enforceable and more like tack-on charges for if cops ever do come into your home for whatever reason.
your trunk counts as a locked case. buying a real locked case isnt really needed unless you dont have a car
>>
You only need a gun shop for the transfer. Look on Calguns marketplace and ppt everything. Prices are inflated, but not set in stone. Make an offer, worst that can happen is they say no.
>>
My advice is save your money, don't buy cucked guns, and move out asap
In the mean time, buy cheap (but good) non cucked guns
>shotguns are versatile and a sort of sacred cow in the u.s. (muh hunting, muh sport). A pump action shotgun is fairly cheap, versatile, and a decent HD choice
>Your CC piece. You might not get to conceal carry. you might not even want to try with those laws and sheriffs and bullshit, and then get out in a few years. But nothing stops you from buying the gun. Not a lot of good CC guns have a capacity above 9mm without serious sacrifices to their size.
>a ruger 10/22. These should be standard issue to new citizens.
That's all I can really recommend for now.
>>
>>28419512
>>a ruger 10/22. These should be standard issue to new citizens.
22lr still doesnt exist at reasonable prices in ca
>>
>>28419147
Its all guns now afaik
>>
>>28418880
$.70US/rnd.

nigga buy a M1a. ammo is slightly cheaper than what youre used to, is a real fucking nato, and its a fun semi auto that you dont need to do faggy shit to because your in California.

buy an M1a, blow shit up with it, buy an AR/whatever in a few years. Dont buy that hodge-podge california compliant ar15 bullshit just to feel cool, because it isnt
>>
>>28419586
No. There's been a lot of confusion around this issue. Confusion that probably bled to store employees.

Handguns require 2 proof of residency (one government issued ID/address satisfies 1 of the proof of residency and one picture ID)

Longuns just require address/ID.

The only time long guns require a 2nd proof of residency is when your CA issued ID/License has an outdated address.

But there's been a few reports where shops here just ask for both anyways. I guess they just want to cover all their bases, even if it's a major inconvenience to the customer.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.