[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gun Virgin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 418x538) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 418x538
Hello /k/.
I am 18 years old, live in Commiefornia, and have just bought an 80% AR-15 lower receiver.
I plan on getting a magpul lower parts kit (grip is comphy as fuck), however, for the rest, such as the upper, the stock, and the sights, I don't have the slightest clue to start.
Any recommendations for good quality parts? I'm looking for a 5.56 upper as well.
Pic because Ian is bro-tier gun Jesus.
>>
Depends on your price range and what you want to do with the rifle.

Palmetto is probably your go-to site. Just remember what you pay for is sort-of what you get.
>>
Don't skimp on barrel, BCG, and if/when you want to upgrade the trigger group.

But unless you already have a workbench with table mounted vice, plan to get one, or just not really going to assemble that many AR's, A barreled or complete upper is much easier to get than buying all the parts and tools and putting them together.

Also, even if it's a 80% lower, do remember you live in commiefornia and that if you do stupid retarded things like bragging and telling everyone you meet about this and that, don't be surprised if cops show up, even if you haven't broken any laws.
And regarding our state laws, read up on it. Unless you want to be like some of the "fuck ATF" people on /k/, CA has quite a bit of shit to navigate through. Calguns is a good place to check out their California-centric guides to not getting a felony.

Welcome to the club. Although being a CA gunowner will mean you'll get dipped on a lot on here.
>>
>>28411039
anything BCM
>>
>>28411039
>arfcom totally doesn't have a million poor fag build threads: the post.

This is the generation that will kill us, I swear.
>>
>>28411130
>this is the generation that will kill us

what generation do you belong to edgelord
>>
>>28411139
The one getting killed
>>
at what ranges do you want mostly to shoot?
at what targets to you plan to shoot?

decide first whether you intend to shoot heavy or light ammunition, and then what twist rate of barrel would be appropriate.
>>
>>28411039
> 18 years old
> commiefornia
> building AR15
That's illegal, I'm actually going to report this thread , fuck that shit, i don't need more fucking retarded children making stricter gun laws for all of us, just because you feel like breaking the law
>>
>>28411146
Spell it out for me big boy
>>
>>28411157
dude.... if he doesnt want to sell it or assemble it in an illegal configuration, he's ok
>>
>>28411157

How is it illegal?
>>
>>28411177
he's trolling. Like I said, if you're a CA gun owner here, you'll get trolled a lot.

As long as you know about california's AWB and the finer points on building your semi-auto rifle around it, you're fine.
>>
File: tumblr_o06tarzDTN1r0coojo1_500.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o06tarzDTN1r0coojo1_500.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>28411177
ITS NOT
>>
>>28411039

you do know that an 80% lower requires serious kill work right? Milling that thing correctly should be your first concern, other than that just but an m16 lower parts kit and the cheapest mill spec upper you can find, then assemble.

Congratulations. You now have a functional and untraceable machine gun. Tell no one.
>>
seriously, OP. Read up and at least know some of the basics in CA laws. Not saying you need to start bootlicking, but unless you really don't give a fuck, you'll at least know when you're being trolled or not on here regarding california gun laws.

Mainly because other people from other states don't really know (or care, and I don't blame them) about our swampland of laws.
Now, if I wanted to troll you hard, I'd say something like
>"The new ammo bill Newson is proposing also has an add-in about 80% lowers and manufacturing of firearms"
>>
>>28411188

Horrible troll post then
>>
>>28411206
>>serious mill work

yeah drilling some metal out with a screwdriver sure is a lot of work.
>>
>>28411139
The one still interested in being an entrepreneur, not a wage slave looking for spoonfeedings on an anonymous Moroccan fingerprinting wesite.
>>
>>28411276
That's not a real answer my man

I get that you're an angsty fuck but NYAAA KIDS THESE DAYS is probably something better left to parasitic baby boomers, don't you think?
>>
18 yr old kommiefornian here, im also getting an AR-15 soon as my first strap. What would be a good 2nd gun ??
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.