[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /k/ do I have to worry? >19 >Found a local memorial
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (232 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
232 KB, 1280x720
So /k/ do I have to worry?

>19
>Found a local memorial shooting range that not a lot of people go to, about 30 minutes out of town
>All the guns in my possession are mine. Rifles and shotguns, but I won't be taking shotguns to range because they only allow slugs
>Fuck slugs
>Anyways, my only concern is me going there alone (I know, not a smart idea anyways) and shooting every once in a while, and some cop passing by, and asking me to prove that these are my weapons

I don't know the laws regarding something THIS specific, so what are the chances that if a cop sees me out there on my own, and if I can't prove they're my guns (None of them are registered to me, all bought second hand) that he'll get suspicious and this'll grow into a clusterfuck?
>>
>>28407370
50/50 chance you'll get murdered by skinheads looking to steal your guns.
>>
Don't be a dick and you should be fine.
>>
>>28407370
>autistic fear of things for no reason the post
>>
It's on them to prove it's not yours.
>>
Do you live in a state that registers firearms?

the police can run the numbers (supposedly) and verify ownership

Do you live in a state where they don't?

Then it's their problem to prove that they aren't yours
>>
>>28407370
I feel ya, 20 years old and have 2 handguns and a revolver.
If it's a dedicated gun range you should be fine.
The only time I got scared was when I was maybe 600 yards from the nearest spot and I decided shooting from the road at some trash was a good idea while my friend tried his new bow.

Overall I wouldn't worry, but it also depends on how firearms are received by your local LEO's
>>
>>28407370
Assuming you live in the US, as long as none of the guns are reported stolen, you have nothing to worry about.

There is no database (that the government admits to having at least) of gun ownership and who owns what weapon.
>>
>>28407388
indeed

watch out for goofs, keep your sidearm handy
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 550x366
In which communist country do you live where this is a concern?
I live in the USA and have never had a cop ask such questions.
>>are your guns stolen OP?
>>
>>28407370
How about you tell us where you live retard
>>
>>28407465
Wants to steal your guns OP.

Don't tell him anything.
>>
>"Am I being detained?"

If no, tell them to fuck off. If yes, say absolutely nothing until you have a lawyer is present.

This is how you handle any encounter with the police.

They're just trying to fuck with you because you're young and have guns. 99% of the time they'll buzz off when you refuse to cooperate. If you live in a state without a registry it's not like they can pin anything on you anyway.
>>
>>28407370
Nigga, you don't even have to worry about shit like this in fucking Canada, what the hell kind of Orwellian shithole do you live in?
>>
>>28407455
I have been harassed by law enforcement at public ranges, one general and the other trap, in North Dakota.

He was convinced that my Mauser, imported in the 1950's and without an importer's mark, was illegal and, "Possibly stolen."

I also had Tannerite seized and was fined for possession of destructive devices. During the M855 panic, another was convinced that I had illegal "cop-killer" bullets.

We get a fair number of very young, very inexperienced, very arrogant officers here. Guys too ignorant and too ham-fisted to make it on a real force.

I miss when there were no cops.
>>
You can't be serious. This screams "ambush", OP, why would you risk yourself like that? It's like open carry in the third world. You gun die so that some unwashed gremlin can take your shoes and weapon.
>>
>>28407729
I think the point is good, quiet ranges where you're not under heavy time restrictions are few and far between.
>>
>>28407709
I too have a Mauser from 1940 that doesn't have any import marks. That's the kind of shit I'm worried about, that there's gonna be that one cop shoving his nose in my business just to be an arrogant ass. Yeah there's good cops, but I'm worried about the shit ones.
>>
>>28407370
>None of them are registered to me

There is no firearms registry.
>>
>>28407897
I've asked my neighbor who's national guard and a state trooper, and he said "I mean, you CAN register, but there's not much point to it nowadays."
>>
>>28407897
Certain states have registry, as well a some cities. I sold an Ithaca to a friend from Illinois. It was so hard to get it squared away legally, he left the gun in Wisconsin with family.
>>
>>28407896
I was able to explain to the officer that he was grossly mistaken and that he should consult with his department's legal council. He tried to stop me from leaving, but I played the "AM I BEING DETAINED?!?!" shit and he got bugged out and let me go.

It was probably the only time something I learned on 4chan was real or useful.
>>
>>28407897

It kills me how many people out there adamantly refuse to believe this, or just can't process it.

My mother is convinced I'm going to get hauled off to jail at any minute because of my unregistered pistols. She's hysterical about it.

I live in Tennessee.
>>
>>28408008
>unregistered pistols
>Tennessee

>>28407930

Even in places like Illinois (and Nazi New Jermany, where I live) don't have registries. Interstate transfers are different business, but if they happen among family, nobody will ever find out.
>>
>>28408041
Huh, I actually had to look it up. Only Hawaii and DC require long guns to be registered. New York requires handguns.

More you know. Also, it was an interstate sale, done in person.
>>
>>28408008
>Tennessee
What region?
>>
>>28407370
HOLY SHIT! Doomguy goes inawoods too!
Alsoway knew that guy was /k/
>>
>>28408124
>Also, it was an interstate sale, done in person.

If it was face-to-face, that's illegal.. but I won't tell if you won't.
>>
>be 20
>go to similar range as op pic about 5 miles up a one lane dirt road innawoods
>can hear distant gunfire in woods
>shoot and leave like a normal person

What the fuck is with you guys.
>>
>>28408431

Clarksville.
>>
>>28407370

Tell him to fuck off.

You having a gun at a gun range is not probably cause for him to search you or the gun.

Also; you should never answer any questions from police under any circumstances where you do not have a lawyer present.

If he pushes the issue and makes a move for your weapon then you have two options, let him take it and file a lawsuit if you survive the encounter or shoot him.

>>28407897
Well there is the NFA registry but yea not a registry as such for every gun that everyone owns all over the country. However, thinking they don't keep a database of every gun anyoneone purchases or transfers through an FFL is pants on head retarded. They keep that shit forever despite what the 'law' says. Laws only apply to the underclass. The government is by definition above the law as evidenced by practically every court case ever.
>>
>>28407370
That looks like a dominion arms outlaw with the 12 inch barrels which would mean op is canadian. Unless it's the 20 inch version sold in usa and it just looks short. Or its a sbs but op said none of his guns are registered
>>
>>28407370

>cop asks "those guns yours?"
>"sure"
>"alright, have a nice day"

unless you have a receipt from when you bought the gun there's no way to prove it's yours. but that fine because no one is going to ask and the only way they would know it's not your is if the dude you stole it from remembered the serial number and reported it to the cops
>>
>>28409088
Or pic isn't related because I grabbed it off google.
>>
>be 20
>have 8 handguns and 14 rifles
>cops show up at range
>keep shooting
>shoot the shit with them about various models I have
>let them shoot them

>be shooting C93 with 40 round magazines in a state with 15 round limit
>FBI agent shows up at range
>let him try the C93
>he loves it
>cops pull up and watch people shoot
>mag dump as fast as I can
>they give me thumbs up

Wow OP sounds like you need to not be a faggot
>>
>>28409217
>become range buddies with cops

Well meme'd
>>
>>28409241
Not range buddies but they enjoy guns as much as I do
>>
File: 1439924974294.jpg (56 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
1439924974294.jpg
56 KB, 722x349
>>28409217
>20
>22 guns

Were they inherited?

I'm 19 and I can barely afford to put away $100 for an AR build.

>tfw no grandpappy to give me all his funs
>>
>>28408008
Ya know it would be fairly easy to educate her on the subject. Why haven't you done this?
>>
>>28409321
>Were they inherited?
My father bought me a mosin nagant for my 18th birthday but other than that ive purchased all of them
>>
>>28409321
Shit man I'm 21 and I have 15, I spend about an average of $300/mo averaged out I'd guess on guns. It's easy man, just don't have a McJob.
>>
>>28408475
He had lived in North Dakota for six months as a good faith resident by that point, even if he hadn't transferred his licensing.
>>
>>28407370
>>Fuck slugs

Look at this fucking idiot.
>>
>>28408995
>Tell him to fuck off.

>Officer, it is the duty of this citizen to inform you that these weapons were legally obtained. At this time, I must ask you to fuck off, sir!
>>
>>28409604

I'm just saying the law is gay. If you're giving a gun to a friend, it's not the gov'ts business.
>>
>>28409354
>Ya know it would be fairly easy to educate her on the subject.

I've tried. For years.

She refuses to hear me out. All of her views on gun laws come from cop shows, and she dismisses anything to the contrary. She's dismissed the atf.gov website, because it's on the internet and therefore "anyone can write whatever they want on it".

You're massively underestimating how hysterical and irrational the average middle aged suburban mother can be. When they have a conviction there is absolutely nothing that will sway it. Except Oprah.
>>
>>28410434
>She's dismissed the atf.gov website, because it's on the internet and therefore "anyone can write whatever they want on it".

I find it absolutely amazing that these statist and or fascist dick-suckers outright dismiss facts FROM THE GOVERNMENT that tell them they're idiots.

But OH SHIT, THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD TAKE ALL THE GUNS
>>
>>28407370
>(None of them are registered to me, all bought second hand)
There's no national registry.
Why the fuck do people think this is a thing?
>>
>>28407431
As someone who's under 21 and owns a handgun, what would happen if a cop were to find me with it at the range? It's always in the back of my head when I go to the range, it's public and ran by the DNR.
>>
>>28410559
Depending on where you live nothing.
>>
>>28410434

Just tell her, "OK Mom, how do I go about registering them?"
>>
File: PFR.jpg (113 KB, 807x716) Image search: [Google]
PFR.jpg
113 KB, 807x716
>>28408008

>Get pic related
>Write down all your info in it.
>Ta-da, you've created your own registry courtesy of the ATF.
>Your guns are now "registered".
>>
>>28410657
This actually isn't a bad idea. I wrote all of the serial numbers of my guns out in a .txt file and took pictures of them and put it all in a folder. I have several copies, two of which are with me daily on my phone and my keychain flash drive.
>>
>>28407415

See la shoot out

How did they get those guns, fag?
>>
>>28410522
cuz muh NCISSUVLSD day time television where they solve every liquor store robbery by backtracing the rifling of the pistol the generic white criminal and enhancing the VHS security feed 86x to see the mole on his left asscheek and confirming that he owns a the very custom race gun used to rob that store with the gun registry system.

duh

they set most of these procedurals in shitholes like chicago where there used to be a total ownership ban in the city and a carry ban in the state. Or shitholes like commiefornia (Southland) where da police notice an evil clean cut white man CCing from 50 yards and arrest him for ankle carrying. Idiots think the whole country is like that.
>>
>>28408008
>mom holds her breath before opening basement door
>warm haze of NEET fumes wafts past her
>smell of rotten food, fermenting pissbottles, body odor and crystallized semen stains fills the kitchen
>"JIMMY DID YOU LOOK FOR A JOB TODAY?"
>"no mom"
>"DID YOU SHOWER TODAY?"
>"no mom"
>"DID YOU AT LEAST REGISTER YOUR GUNS TODAY?"
>"NO MOM GAWWD"
>"YOU KNOW YOUR COUSIN TOM, THE JUNKIE? HES ENGAGED TO THAT STRIPPER"
>"yeah, and?"
>"I'M JUST SAYING MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET ADDICTED TO A DRUG, IT'D GIVE YOU SOME MOTIVATION"
>"I can't mom cuz if I got caught with drugs and guns its federal charges or something"
>"WELL WHY DON'T YOU TRADE THE GUNS FOR SOME DRUGS?"
>"MOMMMMMMMM!"
>mom runs out of fresh air in her lungs to screech
>slams basement door and runs outside until house airs out
>>
>>28407370
Op what range are you talking about.

Another fine member of the Clarksville community.

Montgomery County Shooting Complex is nice, just a bit of a drive. Never had a problem out there before. The RO's are god people. Don't act like a jackass and you'll be fine, Cops wont bother you unless you like a moron.
>>
>>28410885
>Montgomery County Shooting Complex is nice, just a bit of a drive. Never had a problem out there before. The RO's are god people.

I was out there this past monday and the one guy with the beard who putters around on the gator was being a passive aggressive dick.

Anyway, what letter does your first name start with? I may know you.
>>
>>28410810
fake and gay

cum doesn't crystalize, it turns into more of a dry wood glue looking substance with a masculine scent, impossible to remove from many surfaces without a chemical cleaner.
>>
>>28410885

i guess the piss (urea) crystallizes and the semen ferments?
>>
>>28407370
What kind of shithole do you live in where you have to prove ownership of your guns to not get arrested for having them?
>None of them are registered to me
Do you even live in America?
>>
>>28407370
>First thing to do
Yell: AM I BEING DETAINED? in the officer's face as loudly as possible to make sure he hears
>Second thing to do
Refuse to give your ID under any circumstances
>>
>>28408008
Even in California having a grandfathered handgun or rifle not on the registry is perfectly legal.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.