[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Russia & Taliban share intelligence against ISIS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 2.png (172 KB, 500x337) Image search: [Google]
2.png
172 KB, 500x337
>http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/24/europe/putin-taliban-isis/

What is the end game for Putin here?
>>
He wants to break the CIA's stranglehold over the Golden Crescent.
>>
>>28392886
the same as US with mujahideen
>>
>>28392886
the USA is currently having a proxy war with itself in syria, and you're worried about Putins actions?
>>
>>28392928

>Proxy war with itself

notsureifrussiandisinformacionorjuststupid.jpg
>>
The Russians aren't currently at war with the Taliban. Both groups are at war with ISIS. They are able to come to a mutually beneficial arrangement by helping each other. Thats how international politics works.
>>
>>28392886
How bad are things going in Afghanistan? How strong of presence does ISIS have in Afghanistan?
>>
>>28392966
They're trying, but most tribal groups have seen what happened to the Bedouin and wont even give them a look in.
>>
Mutually Russia is trying to oust US influence in the ME. This is obvious due to their support for Assad and Iran. Now their trying to gain more influence n the region through the Taliban. Next is probably the Kurds and Iraq
>>
>>28393010
Kurds as in Peshmerga?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOY4Ka-GBus
very relevant
>>
>>28393036
Yup, Kurds are a mix right now. Some support Assad but want more independence, some want a Kurdish state. Iraqi Kurds if I recall are pro Turkish.
>>
>>28393036
Also pesgmerga want an independent state as well. It would be a strong interest for Russia if they can support free kurdistan. Gain more influence.
>>
>>28393010
I wouldn't say oust the US.
Looks like Russia is just letting the US have the shitty real estate they already fucked up and by helping Syria, it makes them look better to other countries in the ME.
>>
>>28392886
Afghanistan won.
>>
>>28392938
>Warhaschangedmgs4.mp3
>>
>>28392886
Keep his sub base, establish a track record as a trustworthy ally.

Ultimate endgame is regaining the Buffer Zone, this just happens to be a convenient detour
>>
>>28392938
both, stupid russian vatnikski vaggot.
>>
>>28394454
Putin is trying to save face before getting his face kicked the fuck in by the US. Can't wait to watch Russia collapse again.
>>
>>28394432
>warneverchanges.msi
>>
>>28394877
Okay.
>>
File: russian bs.jpg (48 KB, 634x395) Image search: [Google]
russian bs.jpg
48 KB, 634x395
>>28392886
>Russian Foreign Ministry [...] said ...
>ukrainian space nazi hoholo ufo shot down MH17
>no russian soldiers in ukraine, only on vacation

a russian government agency is spreading lies and disinformation again?
totally unexpected!!
>>
>>28392886
Alliances are good if the have a beginning, an end and a purpose.
Putin wants to destroy ISIS to keep Assad and Taliban wants to destroy ISIS because it's a threat to them.
>>
>>28395674
>pyotarish andreivich what do you have to say to Russian troops spotted in Ukraine ?
>What ?nyet nyet they are on vacation

My sides
>>
>>28393068
>Iraqi Kurds if I recall are pro Turkish.
Aren't there fellow kurds getting bombed? Are they even united in their Kurdish identity?
>>
>>28396508
This picture should clear shit up
>>
>>28395674
nice meme
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2836245/Report-slams-new-surveillance-photos-released-Russian-state-broadcaster-MH17-shot-shoddy-fake.html
>>
>>28392886
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/sep/02/david-petraeus-bright-idea-give-terrorists-weapons-to-beat-isis

>"The latest brilliant plan to curtail Isis in the Middle East? Give more weapons to current members of al-Qaida. The Daily Beast reported that former CIA director David Petraeus, still somehow entrenched in the DC Beltway power circles despite leaking highly classified secrets, is now advocating arming members of the al-Nusra Front in Syria, an offshoot of al-Qaida and a designated terrorist organization. Could there be a more dangerous and crazy idea?"

I stop giving a shit about Syria as soon as I read this. Petraeus is a trained professional and should honestly know better. But it kind of speaks volumes about the mentality that likely has infested the armed forces.
>>
>>28399350
>But it kind of speaks volumes about the mentality that likely has infested the armed forces.
Alternatively they don't quite buy into "everyone is a terrorist" position, that /k/ and their favorite dictator like to parrot.

>know better.
Well he does seemingly know more than you. Militias have always be more effective than their government counterpart, at fighting various terror groups, be it Taliban in Afghanistan or AQ in Iraq.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.