[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SP2022
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8
File: SigandGlock.jpg (57 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
SigandGlock.jpg
57 KB, 1024x768
K why the fuck do people act like the sp2022 doesn't exist. Fuck it's glorious.
>sig
>lightweight
>fairly compact about the same size as a g19
>good ergonomics
>non striker fired da/sa goodness
>poor fag friendly
>40 and 9mm options

Why is this unicorn ignored?
>>
>>28373769

Listen, I've owned a lot of 9mm pistols and while the SP2022 is decent VALUE (at $400) it has a lot going against it.

>extremely top heavy
>bulky in all the wrong dimensions and relatively short barrel for size
>trigger is uselessly heavy in DA and mushy in SA, and brakes way against the frame
>mediocre grip shape and uncomfortable texturing

I got mine for $390 brand new and couldn't sell it fast enough. The quality was pretty good but I've never felt a gun that felt so top heavy and found the trigger just unacceptable for a range toy.

I've since moved on to a Sig P320 and am very happy. Basically, the SP2022 showed me that (to me) DA/SA is a meme for a range toy other than revolver. I wanted to like it so much but it's proportions and weight are just all wrong.
>>
i cc the 9mm version daily. a lot of people that don't know better think its one of the more expensive models.

i like it, but the mags are kind of expensive
>>
>>28373769
I've never been able to drop the cash for a Sig, so I've never even looked twice at them when at my LGS.

>although looking at them online now it is pretty affordable
>>
>>28373907
mine was $400 out the door with 2 mags and the better sights. i spent another $120 on the threaded barrel for reasons.
>>
>>28373941
>reasons
I can't think of a bad reason.
>>
>>28373769
Because the p226 exists.

but yes, the sp2022 is very underrated
>>
>>28373993
i bought this badass cleaning kit off amazon. other customers also bought fram oil filters for some reason, weird
>>
>>28373941
I know the reason. And I approve
>>28373993
That's because there are none
>>
>>28373856
>top heavy
>bulky in all the wrong dimensions
That's basically all Sigs, but the polymer frame on the P2022 just makes it worse. The thick front end feels like shoving a brick into your pants for IWB carry.
>>
It's a good gun. I actually like the grip a lot. Trigger is alright and frankly if the gun is front heavy enough for it to be a problem, I suggest you go see a doctor about that massive muscle degeneration in your arms.
>>
File: 1390141146832.jpg (193 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1390141146832.jpg
193 KB, 800x800
>>28373856
>DA/SA is a meme
>>
File: 1449536746785.jpg (103 KB, 500x315) Image search: [Google]
1449536746785.jpg
103 KB, 500x315
>>28373769
cause its cheap and if youre buying Sig you want to know what youre buying is of good quality. Theres nothing worng with it, but its like when some company acknowledges poorfags and makes a cheap version of something but still sells it under their name so they feel good about themselves
>>
File: 1445762050140.jpg (46 KB, 552x368) Image search: [Google]
1445762050140.jpg
46 KB, 552x368
>>28374428
>tfw no lightweight compact single stack da/sa inbetween a 239 and 224
>>
>>28373769
I personally prefer the 2022 to the 226, yet I own two 226s and no 2022s.
The 2022 is just better looking.
>>
>>28374440
Kinda like the VP9 but not a piece of hot garbage.
>>
The SP2022 is much more appealing online than it is in your hand. That is, unless it's literally the only gun you've held. Quality is fine though.
>>
File: gtfo.png (171 KB, 333x313) Image search: [Google]
gtfo.png
171 KB, 333x313
>>28373856
>DA/SA is a meme
What the fuck?
>>
>>28374428

Everyone always thinks DA/SA is cool in a semi-auto until they actually get some hands-on and experience with a Striker.

I'll make an exception for great DA/SA guns with a revolver-like SA trigger but it's just added size and complexity that makes the rear bulky and weight high.
>>
>>28374597
>but it's just added size and complexity that makes the rear bulky and weight high

And then you run into that one bullet that just won't go bang in your striker fired pistol but went off find in a DA/SA gun.
>>
>>28374647

Any competent trainer would tell you to cycle the gun. Your scenario just doesn't happen with most centerfire ammo let alone quality defense loads.
>>
>>28374647
My failure to fire drill is rack the slide, get back on target, pull trigger again.
You party on with that mickey mouse shit.
>>
>>28374695
But I wouldn't need to cycle the gun in a DA/SA because the round fired on the first hit. This scenario happens all the time with budget ammo and while extremely rare on quality defense ammo the possible exists it can happen with it as well.

The pencil test is the easiest way to demonstrate the difference in spring power between hammer-fired and striker-fired guns.
>>
>>28374738

You honestly think weak primer strikes is something that wouldn't have been addressed by Glock/Sig/Walther/etc?

And at what cost is a harder primer strike when DA is downright unshootable on most out-of-the-box DA/SA semi autos.
>>
File: 02a.png (789 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
02a.png
789 KB, 1200x675
>>28374820
>DA is downright unshootable
>>
>>28374820
lol what a nigger
"weh weh weh the trigger is unshootable"
holy shit do you have the finger strength of a six year old girl? OR are you for some reason going to decock the FUCKING HAMMER on a gun you are supposed to carry cocked and locked?
I have never experienced such stupidity
>>
>>28374893

Fudd.
>>
File: buck angel.jpg (94 KB, 1536x866) Image search: [Google]
buck angel.jpg
94 KB, 1536x866
>>28374908
>>
>>28373769
It's ignored by glocksuckers because it's a better gun than the G19. It's ignored by sig owners who bought a metal sig first because >cheaper = bad.
I like it enough. I'm still going to buy a 229. But for what it cost it's a great little gun to throw in my glovebox.
>>
>>28374945

You're more qualified and experienced than even the 'lowly' Yaeger? Post your resume.
>>
>>28375037
Did Buck change his last name to Yaeger?
>>
File: fear.jpg (110 KB, 525x391) Image search: [Google]
fear.jpg
110 KB, 525x391
>>28375028
>it's a better gun than the G19
>>
>>28375065
It's not a striker fired Austrian hi-point. So yeah, it's better.
>>
>>28375125
>It's not a striker fired Austrian hi-point. So yeah, it's better.

Hi-Points are striker-fired
>>
>>28375138
I'm drunk on fireball enhanced eggnog, and I'm already regretting it.
Forgive the redundancy. But yeah. It's better than a g19. It's hammer fired. It's DA/SA, it's much more comfortable to hold, and it's Sig, rather than Glock.
>>
>>28375210

>Glocks are the only striker-fired guns

Seriously get some experience with more guns than one. I remember when I first found /k/ and idolized the USP then later discovered DA/SA isn't nearly as cool as some people cracked it up to be.
>>
>>28375037
ditch 1 yaeger 0
>>
Seems like a great gun for all intents and purposes, but is kinda in a weird middle ground as far as appeal is concerned. If i was going to buy a sig, I would get what sig is known for. Steel framed DA/SA pistol.
>>
>>28375345
>I would get what sig is known for. Steel framed DA/SA pistol.

Except a large majority of their metal frames are aluminum alloy.
>>
>>28375356
Shows how much I know about sigs. Regardless they seem pretty fixed on metal frames. For me, it would be like buying a Kalashnikov that operates with Direct impingement. Or a Polymer revolver.
>>
>>28375345

They are good guns in that they're pretty good quality and are reliable, but I have yet to find someone who didn't find them unwieldy and didn't dislike the trigger.

I'd recommend one if it feels alright to you but go hold one first. I ordered mine online and sold it within a week. Night sights were great, though.
>>
>>28375319
I have experience with striker fired guns. I own a glock 20. I prefer DA/SA.
>>
>>28375735
same though I own the baby glock & previously owned 27
>>
Former Frenchfag gendarme here. French police, border control and Gendarmerie all use it as their service pistol, so I know quite a bit about it.

In all honesty it's not a bad gun, but it's as a civie you could probably buy a better quality sig. I know I like metal frames better (we had old frenchmade 92fs copies too). Polymer frame is ok to save weight when you have to carry your gun allday everyday but it really has no point for a range toy or home defense.

It's true that it's top heavy (so not too good for followed up shots) and I didn't like the feel of the D/A trigger, too long and squishy (but its weight is rather standard, 4.2kg if I remember well). S/A felt OK in the other hand, but it's a matter of preference anyway.

The grip felt a little too big in my hand (while for other guys it was the opposite of course) and I liked the berreta's one better, but all in all the ergos are well thought out (for right handers anyway).

The gun breaks down easily so basic maintenance is quick. Construction feels solid (the gun is supposed to be used by french forces up to 2022), but some barrels showed traces of rust rather quickly... it shouldn't be a problem for a non-service pistol though.

It has the accuracy you'd expect from any gun of this kind, but I witnessed quite a few times ejection problems at the range (could be because of old ass ammo used at the range or bad maintenance). Recoil felt a little snappy for a 9mn.

Tl;dr good but I don't see the point beside value/price ratio
>>
>>28376164
my 92 is my home defense gun. the is the cc, but its a 40.
>>
>>28376164

I think this post sums it up really well.

>Top-heavy
>snappy, because above
>DA trigger is long, heavy and stacks badly
>SA trigger is super spongy and 'bouncy'
>Frame feels very dated and not ergonomic

Slide quality and barrel were very nice but everything else felt thrown together. I need to go hold another 226 but I don't recall them feeling all that much better.
>>
>>28373769
because it's shit
>>
Do you live in AL op?
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.