[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone here describe how you got your first gun? Bonus points
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: 1103[1].jpg (25 KB, 825x160) Image search: [Google]
1103[1].jpg
25 KB, 825x160
Can anyone here describe how you got your first gun?

Bonus points if your family is/was anti gun. Did you have to hide it? If so, how?
>>
>>28360291
I used part of my sign on bonus.
>>
>>28360291
i done stole my first gun from terrorist ay-rabs, did a backflip into the ventilation system and walked a tightroap across a vat of ay-rabian acid. i sold it for 10 bucks and a hand job though.
>>
>>28360314
Neo Scavenger what what?
>>
>>28360314
There needed to be a picture/gif accompanying that. 5/10
>>
>>28360291
I bought it at a store on sale, watched videos on youtube for proper form and technique, and then went and taught myself how to shoot. It's not exactly rocket science.
>>
>>28360291
This a twist on an old K classic.
Underage faggot asks how to buy and hide shit from his mom.
>>
I worked at a Chevrolet dealership, and a tow truck was bringing in some Cobalts for the ignition recall. Tow truck hit my car, I got 2k, and I fixed my car and used the remaining money to put together an AR-15. I don't plan on ever getting rid of it.
>>
>>28360291
I bought my first raifu when I was in the Army, a Serbian AK. My parents had been staunchly anti-gun but I guess I just wound up with the gun gene. When I ETS'd, I walked back in the door, pulled Agnieszka out of her gun case and was all like "Yo mom! Check out my AK. Isn't this thing fuckin' sweet? She's my little ethnic Cleanser!"
>>
>>28360291
>be 6
>get given single-shot 20ga for Christmas
Guess I had it pretty easy.

Or if you mean first legally-owned-as-adult gun,
>18th birthday
>son, all those guns I bought you for the last 12 years?
>they're yours now. Go buy a safe, I need the room in mine
Also pretty fucking easy
>>
>>28360291
20 gauge shotgun as a gift for my 11th Christmas from my mother. My first five guns were all either gifts or handed down from family members.
>>
>>28360291
Grew up shooting with dad. Mostly pistols. Ocassional high power or shotgun. Never thought much about budgeting for a firearm. Off to college Lawrence, Kansas. Gradjeeated. Work in town. Buddy from work invites anon to party. All cool until 2-3 am. Asian from out of town nobody knows tries to get into party. Buddy/host tells kid no and to leave. Go to refill beer at keg. Asian walks around outside apt to the back. Dumps a mag through the wall into the living room dance party. Loud music. Don't realize what's happened until people start falling to the floor. Find closest victim. Girl, early twenties shot twice. One in each thigh. 6 others are hit. Bro that invited me got shot, too. Asian kid arrested a week later. Multiple counts assault w/ deadly weapon, 1-2 attempted murder. Must've been on a visa idk. News article said he got deported and 7 years. He was like 27 years old. Decided to buy a piece and take ccw. First piece was glock 19 from lgs. #didnotproofread
>>
>Walk inna Fleet Farm
>Put $80 on counter
>Walk out with a nugget

Living on my own at the time so I just put it in a corner of my room. Family's always been pretty pro gun/hunting so I've been around guns most of my life.
>>
>18
>walk inna dunhams
>"let me see your nuggets"
>"which one?"
>"all of them"
>rub my hands over the shellac
>lick cosmoline from the bores
>make sweet finger love to each
>mmm
>this one has chosen me
>fling $150 at register man
>bayonet child in lacross gear
>moonwalk from premises
>return to place of sleep
>boil parts while nude in kitchen
>get yelled at

it's a common izzy 91/30, getting sick of the length but can't bring myself to sell it.
my mom thought I was going to shoot up something, but with each new gun purchase after became gradually less concerned.
>>
>>28360291
Went to store, plopped down cash, bought it.
>>
One of my teachers from school was super into guns. During my senior year, I'd eat lunch with him and shoot the shit about movies, books, and guns. Eventually tell him I want to buy my first gun. Decided on a Mosin Nagant since it was cheap and I like old bolt actions . He mentions "Hey, I have a C&R license. You can ship it to my house so you don't have to pay an FFL fee." Sure enough, he receives it, cleans it for me, and even gives me a 20-pack of 7.62x54r in a little paper wrapper. He took me shooting, and to a gun show with my best friend, too.

Thank you, Mr. M. You are based as fuck.
>>
>Turn 16
>Step dad says "hey come here"
>Go in garage
>Gives me SKS with a bunch of extra shit

>Turn 18
>Go to gun show with step dad
>Buy SMLE
>He buys a bunch of 5.56
>When we get home he gives me all of the 5.56 he bought and one of his ARs
>>
>>28360291
My family isn't "anti-fun", but they're not really pro-fun either. No one hunts, no one shoots for fun. My dad has a few old .22 rifles, couple of shotguns, and a couple of low power handguns. Only reason he has those is they are either his from his younger days, or inherited from his brother and father. Anyway, I say that. to say this. My first gun was(is) a Marlin Glenfield Model 50 Bolt action 12g. It was given to my grandfather by my father, then he got it back when he died. When I moved out on my own, he gave it to me for home defense. Not really a suitable gun for that, but hey...what can you do?
>>
I've yet to buy a gun in a gun store. Gonna do it when I buy my first handgun in December.
>>
I went and bought it. The end.
>>
>>28360291
My parents kicked me out for a year when I got my nugget. Now they're pro-gun as fuck and I'm working with my dad to get his CPL
>>
Family is liberal and anti-gun but isn't opposed to me shooting guns

Shot a .22 and a shotgun at boyscout camp as a kid

Many years later friend (who browsed /k/ long before I did) took me and others out shooting. Shot mosin, SKS, AK-74 and some handguns.

8/10 would be a hasguns if had money
>>
>>28362168
>My parents kicked me out for a year when I got my nugget.

Christ your parents were pathetic.
>>
Asshole neighbor threatens to kill me and everyone in my house. Just loudly screams it for a few weeks then starts banging on our door randomly and calling cops on us for bullshit reasons.

Get first gun I could without having to go through waiting period, which was an M44, not at all suited for HD. (CA, back in the day c&r long guns could be sold ftf no paperwork)
>>
Wake up, go to living room, wrapped box, open box, first gun
Best Christmas
>>
File: spear collection.jpg (58 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
spear collection.jpg
58 KB, 720x960
Moved my grandmother out of her house. Found my late grandfather's .22 single shot cooey. My Grandpa bought it in 1946 and my Dad restored in with my Grandpa so there was a lot of sentimental value. This was in Canada where you needed a license to own a firearm which neither of us have. If we were caught with this rifle on the drive home it carried a minimum four year jail sentence.

So I got my license and I bought 8 more guns. First firearm I purchase was a K31.
>>
What kind of pussy hides guns from their family? Or anybody for that matter. Own that shit. Fuck'em all.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 500x374
>>28360291
>first gun
>go to gunshow set on buying SKS
>browse, find the one
>"can i buy gunz plz?"
>"sorry kid gotta get WAC membership"
>walk to register booth
>"sorry kid gotta have parent/sponser
>"but i'm 18"
>"k see if the dealer will sponser you"
>go back to dealler,can't sponser ppl
>back to booth "soo dealer cant sponser me"
>one sec
>hey -insert name- wanna sponser this kid?"
>ask me if i comit crimes
>"hadnt planned on it"
>30 min later get registration and buy SKS
>>
>>28364802
same guy. Mum is weary of gun but aware of purchase, dad not aware
of raifu
>>
>>28360291
Bought a 10/22 with money from my first job after high school. Dad threw a fit, but mom didn't care.
>>
File: b3952b3e4c97ac826a69116eb8295f91.jpg (588 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
b3952b3e4c97ac826a69116eb8295f91.jpg
588 KB, 1920x1200
>Acquire currency through employment
>Use currency to acquire proper permits
>Research firearms, technique and consider a safety course
>Take remaining currency to a fun store and purchase firearms and ammunition
>take permit(s), firearm(s) and ammunition to an appropriate place and shoot them
>be old enough that you don't live with your mother, or a man of enough agency that his wants, needs and opinions are respected by his peers and family.

Goodluck out there son.
>>
>>28360291
Got 10/22 for Christmas when I was 14
>>
>>28360291
>8 years old
>have only ever fired a .22 and a .223, only even a couple times at that
>grandpa gives me a break action single shot 12g
>never look back, shoulder is now extra strong

Twelve gauge is where its at, and anybody who says otherwise was born with two vaginas.
>>
>>28360291
>sneak an ar15 with a plastic case into my room
>now own three guns without parents knowing

lmao
>>
>>28360291
Got a shitty job as a security guard while I was in college, but it paid decent. So I went and bought the cheapest shotgun I could find that was on sale.

Stevens 320 for like $170 after taxes at Big 5. And then I hid it in the closet for a year and a half until I quit college and joined the military.
>>
File: Good morning Anon.png (874 KB, 1920x5000) Image search: [Google]
Good morning Anon.png
874 KB, 1920x5000
>>28360291
>Be me
>20 years old
>Get a work in Pizza hut
>A month after I get my first pay
>Go to the local store and get my gun
>The end.
>>
>>28361597
Pretty much this, except first was/is a JC Higgins bolt action 16ga
>>
>>28360291
Got a tax refund, and spent it on a revolver. With my next gun, my dad gave me enough money to buy a gun that I could CC with, as I bought him his own CC gun.
>>
>got interested in guns in my late teens
>mom says she doesn't want guns in the house
>fast forward to one month ago (21 now, living at home and going to school)
>ask for a gun again
>she says yes
>picked up my 10/22 yesterday
>>
>>28360291
Tax refund.

Went and bought a Mosin with all the trimmings.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.
>>
File: 1437335730187.gif (721 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
1437335730187.gif
721 KB, 500x200
>got my license
>friend was going to Alberta for a but where they've got really good selection of milsurp
>ask him to keep an eye out for a No5 Mk1 for me
>returns a month later saying he had a box for me
>open up a great condition No5 with bayonet
>mfw

>still have it on my wall, the bore is still shiny
>>
>>28360291
>Be adult
>Live in my own home
>Go to pawn store
>buy gun
>store it in closet
>mother mentions I should go hunting on her brother's property
>>
I come from a very liberal family, I am definatly a Lefty but I have loved guns as long as I can remember. I had a relative upstate who was an avid gun collector, and ever since I visited him at age 3 I've been interested in guns and conflict in general.

I remember walking into a modal shop at 4 and my dad offered to buy me a plane I wanted an a-10 he bought me an sr-71.

My dad is a hard core pacifist, but he still offered to buy me my first gun, he's of the Vietnam era and I still have never gota straight answer what he was up to at that time. Draft dodging? Fighting? I hhaven't the feigntest idea where it comes from.

I actually got my first gun 3 years ago, a crappy 12 guage I got from my gfs dad.
>>
>Canada
>Did PAL course with dad (I really wanted guns, he just wanted to do it for fun)
>Got PAL
>Immediately upon finding it in the mail go out to buy a 12GA
>Originakly planned on spending <$500 on a basic but good pump
>Okay maybe this $800 Benelli instead
>Decide on an 870P Marine Magnum for $950
>Go to buy it
>Sold
>Only other 870P is a Max, costs $1,300
>Fuck it, drop the money for it because I've decided I want a Police Magnum
>Bring it home
>Show dad and brother
>Keep it in closet for first while after
No pic of it on phone though
>>
>>28360291
Moved out at 18.
Bought gun.
Kept in apartment.
Family anti-gun, but not the vitriolic spaz kind.
They found out a few years later.
A little tsk-tsk, to which I said I don't particularly care what they think.
They stop caring.
In mid-late 30s now, and it's just accepted that I'm the guy in the family with guns.
If they have incidental questions about firearms, they ask me.
Circle of life and shit.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.