[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://medium.com/war-is-boring/in dia-s-new-russian-fighte
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: DSC_0115redflag2008-su30mki.jpg (220 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0115redflag2008-su30mki.jpg
220 KB, 1800x1200
https://medium.com/war-is-boring/india-s-new-russian-fighters-have-serious-engine-failures-41fd7edbe94c#.65mafe7gf

>India’s New Fighters Have Serious Engine Problems
>SU-30MKIs constantly break down

>In the past decade, the Indian Air Force has bought hundreds of Su-30MKI fighter jets from Russia. Some of Moscow’s most advanced export fighters, the warplanes should have helped New Delhi strengthen its military.

>But it turns out, the twin-engine jets have failure-prone motors. Their AL-31FP engines break down with alarming frequency.

>In March, Indian defense minister Manohar Parrikar revealed the propulsion problems.

>There have been no fewer than 69 investigations involving engine failures since 2012, according to Parrikar. Between January 2013 and December 2014 alone, the Indian Air Force recorded 35 technical problems with the turbofans.

>At the end of last year, the Air Force’s fighter strength dipped to just 25 squadrons—its lowest in recent history. India has an officially sanctioned requirement for 42 fighter squadrons, and maintained 32 until recently.

>As New Delhi withdraws its older MiG-21s and MiG-27s from service, the total number could fall to just 11 squadrons by 2024.

>Casting an eye toward Pakistan and China, a parliamentary committee in New Delhi has argued that 45 fighter squadrons are the minimum India needs to cope with the demands of a “two-front collusive threat.”
Either way, that means India needs a lot of Su-30MKIs—and the jets have to work.

Why is India such a non-power.
Why is Russian export shit so crap.
>>
>>28359111
> war is boring
Get the fuck out.
>>
>>28359117
>shoot the messenger

how about reading the article. its source is the indian military themselves.
>>
I highly doubt the Indians are really good at jet engine maintenance.
>>
>>28359161
They arent.

This is why they still send every single AL-31FP back to Russia for mere overhaul.
>>
>>28359161
This x1000. Shitting in your new Ruskie fighter is a great way to make it not work
>>
>screw Russians on new deals, cut price in half
>we are sorry comrade streetshitter, maybe you are in needing of new planes?
>>
>>28359188

Could they turn that shit is some kind of fuel ? Curry based food would make for a wonderful methane based in-flight resupplying.

>Indian fighters range: 5 times earth's circumference
>>
File: vbPCKyp.jpg (65 KB, 500x462) Image search: [Google]
vbPCKyp.jpg
65 KB, 500x462
>>28359111
Image is India in a nutshell.

On the other hand, the AL-31F series has indeed a somewhat troubled history since the Soviet times. Lack of investments and technological decay has prevented the definite ironing out of all issues to this day. Russia's waiting for the next gen engine (to be installed on te T-50) for a good reason...
>>
>>28359298

>Russia's waiting for the next gen engine (to be installed on te T-50) for a good reason...

Do they have the funds or even capability to develop a new engine though?

Russia didn't made any technological advance (except for missile and nuclear) in any field since Soviets.
>>
>>28359298
Well, actually if you just kept adding more ladders to the pile it would be enough eventually.
>>
>>28359161
This.

They have a tons of differents types of planes, that's just ridiculous.
>>
>>28359111
>Indian "production"
>Indian "maintenance"
>Is Russia's fault
Hindu shill, please. Go shit in a river or something.
>>
>>28360932

>Jet engine
>Indian production

No country will give jet technology to possible costumer nations. Developing the engine is the hardest and most expensive part of developing military aircraft for developing nations.
>>
>>28360062
I think hes run out of ladders.
>>
>>28359161
Russian provided oil and forced lubrication suck on the AL-31FP provided for the MKI. They've tried to redesign, but they aren't getting anywhere close to the theoretical 1000 hours between overhaul they are supposed to.
>>
>>28362040
>Developing the engine
Pretty sure about fuel systems production licensed by curry, and it is more then enough for engine fuckup.
>>
>>28359111
>India
>What is maintance?
>>
>>28359111
The problem isn't the plane.

It's HAL's level of engineering and a poor supply chain with the OEM.

Also >warisboring
>>
>>28362040
>The AL-31FP is built in India by HAL at the Koraput facility under a deep technology transfer agreement.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_AL-31#Summary
Stop posting.
>>
>>28365836

>Russia gave the their most advanced engine design in tech transfer

Russia is fucked if they need the money from that. I am not even joking or baiting.

AL-31 is Russia's most advanced jet engine, if they are willing to give it's tech for money than they can't compete with US any longer. You won't ever see US giving out their most advanced engine tech to anyone.

Hell, even the ''build under licence'' agreement regarding US techs are about engines that has been replaced such as F404 from 70s technology.
>>
>>28359111
Slavaboos are hilarious.
>make shit aircraft and engines that make the Chinese look good
>blame it on the purchaser
Topfookingkek, Russhits confirmed for trash
>>
Slightly related:
>On 14 October 2014, an IAF Su-30MKI on a >training mission crashed 20 km off Pune >Lohegaon Air Force Station. Wing Commander >Sidharth V Munje and his co-pilot Flying >Officer Anup Kumar ejected safely. A court of >inquiry has been ordered to investigate the >accident. In early November 2014, a team of >Russian experts came to India to evaluate the >IAF Su-30 fleet, which was grounded after the >crash.[90] Findings indicated that the Su->30MKI ejected both of its operators without >prior warning due to a fault in the ejection >system. Before this incident, Indian Air Chief >Marshal Arup Raha stated that the MKI fleet >was experiencing "problems".

Can you imagine the terror in suddenly being ejected from a plane with no prior warning?
>>
>>28366964
> balticfag/nigger confirmed
> Turn 360 degrees and leave 4chan
>>
File: 1409073929685.jpg (8 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
1409073929685.jpg
8 KB, 224x225
>>28366970

Pajeet, I am thinking actually pooing in the loo this time. Do you think I can convice my family to the same?

Rashaar, are you fucking serious? Why do you abandon our sacret duty to maintain our designated shitting streets?

>I know Pajeet, I know but I was think- AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>28366970
The plane's Environmental Control System couldn't handle the curry-poo smell any more, and told the ejector seat to fix it.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.