[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So the word marine has it's roots in the fact that they're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: Friendcomputer.gif (13 KB, 267x238) Image search: [Google]
Friendcomputer.gif
13 KB, 267x238
So the word marine has it's roots in the fact that they're based off the water -- maritime soldiers if you will.

So shouldn't we call soldiers in space cosmolines?
>>
cosmilitia
>>
>>28349046
Dumboline
>>
>>28349046
>maritime
>marine
>cosmos
>cosmine

You must have done terrible on standardized testing.
>>
>>28349046
Cosmoline sounds a little like communist. Therefore it must be communist!

I'm no communist spy, friend computer!
>>
>>28349097
or I'm stretching just hard enough to get a joke referencing preservatives...
>>
>>28349110
I'm reporting you to the hygiene officer for not doing your hourly colonics.
>>
>>28349046

God no, The navy will probably be in a space role in the far future anyway.
>>
>>28349117
See, it's lacking, because a much more natural joke would have been cosine.
>>
>>28349148
I thought about that and also astrorine and while astrorine sounds like something you'd use to deaden your gag reflex and give tinglies for blowjobs, that's just too much setup.

Maybe I could have typed it out in a stereotypical Asian voice to hide the l/r swap...
>>
the reason that the major space warfare arm in scifi media is usually a Navy is because you navigate space in space...ships.....ships...in space...and who performs ship to ship boarding actions or traditional assault from ship to land?....marines...jesus please tell me you haven't reproduced
>>
they're called space marines op js
>>
Meteorines
>>
File: 4chan.jpg (70 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
4chan.jpg
70 KB, 1000x667
>>28349200
I have. Twice.
>>
wtf is kek
>>
>>28349429
a nonstandard off-the-shelf knockoff of CLP
This thread is obviously about liquids for caring for your weapons.
>>
>this niggas haven't read space war
http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/spacewarintro.php
>>
>>28349517
I have but the realities of anything to do with space (basically how we're pretty much stuck on earth unless we can digitze personalities and broadcast them to waiting robot bodies), space war can't really happen and if it does it'll be uncool as hell, and yeah, we'll likely never meet another intelligent species all fucking blow.
>>
>>28349391
Bullshit
>>
>>28349598
>uncool as hell
Speak for yourself, faggot.
>>
>>28349965
Oh WOW, we might get to send poor people to mine asteroids day! And their lives will be literal hells! Man I can't wait for that future!
>>
>>28350045

>i have read all of space war
>but let's cherry pick the parts that aren't actually about war itself.
>>
>>28350063
Those are the parts that make space travel blow ass.

Should I point out the whole shit about it's impossible to hide, heat'll likely kill you before weapons, and there's almost no point to actually fighting in space? Or did you miss all of that and just start rubbing your dick after he had to handwave any reasonable reason to fight in space? Or maybe you somehow think all that shit stops being true after you get into a battle?
>>
>>28350165
>only like warfare when it's FAIR AND BALANCED
>>
>>28350812
The fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>28350840
you sit here and bitch about how i like theoretical warfare because it triggers your autism because it's not ~FLASHY~ or ~COOL~ enough.

like, seriously, stop posting, user. just because it's entirely theoretical doesn't mean that people can't enjoy it, faggot.
>>
>>28350920
You've got some major problems guy.

Also, it's not so much that I bitch about it not being flashy as much as IT WON'T HAPPEN EVER. This is one place where it flat out does not matter if the science is hard as diamonds or softer than your little dick after your mom gets done jerking you off because there is literally no possible future where going to war in space will be worth it for either side. Hard scifi space battles are just as much wankery as Jedi fighting Klingons. Even moreso now that automation and drones are a serious thing. Amusingly because of all of the difficulties of just not dying in space, much less getting weaponized platforms in space, along with the distances involved and lack of single point unique resource deposits, hard scifi space battles are far more unbelievable than soft scifi.
>>
>>28351743
>it won't happen so it's not cool!
>you have problems!
ok
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.