[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my uncle passed away (killed himself) and left behind a bunch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: sig.jpg (6 KB, 295x171) Image search: [Google]
sig.jpg
6 KB, 295x171
So my uncle passed away (killed himself) and left behind a bunch of shit. Among the shit was some handguns. Split between my brothers and myself, one for each of us. I got a sig p229, it's fucking nice and the handgun that my uncle kept by his side at all times. The more I think about it, i want to sell it though. Something about keeping a handgun that belonged to a family member that i loved (that killed themselves) just doesn't seem right. I'd rather sell it and use the money to buy a handgun that i can learn and use myself. Better memory that way. So, here's my question:

>can i sell this mofo?

I live on the state line between the volunteer state and the state that has very lenient gun laws. My understanding is that in the volunteer state, you have to have a handgun registered. I know that in my state, you don't. Will i run into trouble trying to sell this gun in my state with very lenient gun laws? Surely a gun can't be registered to a dead guy, but then i'm in possession of an unregistered handgun. Confused.

pic related its the handgun in question. It's a great piece but i just don't want to keep it.
>>
>>28347905
What did your brothers get?
>>
Fuck what your uncle did, it's yours now and you are the sole person responsible for what sort of symbol it turns into.

Don't sell it.
>>
>>28347905
Ask your brothers if they want it. Maybe they aren't big floppy pussies.
>>
>>28347905
Dude, you really think your uncle would want you to sell it? Don't you think he'd rather you keep it to remember him by?
>>
What state? tennessee and.......?
>>
>>28348178
And MS. And for everyone objecting to this, my brothers are happy with what they got, and we had another very close family member do the same thing. Tired of the memories. I'm pretty picky about the stuff of theirs that I keep around. It's my choice really. I just want something of my own that I can learn and use. Knowing my uncle, who helped us learn gun safety and shooting when we were young, this is exactly what he'd want
>>
I've googled plenty but can't find anything specifically on inheriting weapons from a state where registration is required, in a state where it's not. It's established op is a bloo bloo pussy but answering my question may help someone who isn't.
>>
>>28348235
i dont think you have to register anything in TN
>>
>>28348307
Ok I'll do some more research on this, I was pretty convinced you did. Thanks for the help
>>
>>28348235
Keep it. Even if you never shoot it, keep it. You can always buy another gun.
>>
>>28347905

I can understand not wanting it if he killed himself with that same gun, but otherwise there is zero reason to sell it, ya dumbass.
>>
>>28348375
I doubt it is but it could be. Not here to argue morals was just wondering about the legality of it
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.