[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just moved to the north and don't have any cold weather
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: bullshit.jpg (37 KB, 702x960) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
37 KB, 702x960
I just moved to the north and don't have any cold weather clothes I was interested in buying some milsurp stuff like boots, coats, uniforms is there any items you would recommend and where you can buy them.
>>
>>28347208
ex Soviet Milsurp. Ivan lives in some cold ass environments.

For stores it is a hit and miss.
>>
>>28347208
I'd suggest you not buy any of that stuff and go with civilian gear instead.

Wear multiple layers instead of one or two thick ones. If you're a bit chilly when standing still, your clothing is optimal for movement.
>>
If you want a milsurp jacket then the best place to look is a military surplus (army navy store). And don't get surplus military boots, take it from someone who's worn them, they hurt your knees and legs.
>>
>>28347240
I there any place online to buy that your would recommend?

>>28347241
I lived in Texas my whole life I don't know how to cold what should I buy that isn't too pricey and where can I buy online or B&M I literally only have shorts.
>>
>>28347273
>I lived in Texas my whole life I don't know how to cold what should I buy that isn't too pricey and where can I buy online or B&M I literally only have shorts.
Can't help you with that senpai. I've no idea of any American online shops. Just that if you're going to be outside for any extended periods of time, wear layers, something that let's sweat through it closest to your skin and wool and synthetics over cotton. Cotton is worthless when wet. Won't keep you warm at all.
>>
>>28347273
Thin cotton socks underneath, thick wool socks over.

Cotton T shirt underneath, wool short or sweater over.

That'll do for starters.
>>
>>28347349
Wool under, cotton over as socks breathes better though.

>Cotton T shirt underneath, wool short or sweater over.
Cotton on your skin is a bad idea if you're going to be moving at all. Won't retain any heat at all.
>>
>>28347381
Everything Phil says is a bad idea. He's a particularly retarded trip who only posts in threads to give bad advice or try to get a rise out of the easiest board to troll.
>>
File: 1411649784750.png (115 KB, 244x237) Image search: [Google]
1411649784750.png
115 KB, 244x237
>>28347469
I prefer to think positively of people, so I've always just assumed he's a bit dumb.
>>
>>28347487
I used to. But I just don't think it's possible. No one that dumb could actually function in society. Unless he's like 30 and lives with his parents, mooching off them.
>>
>>28347208
Invest in layers.
>TOP :
>Undershirt
>Shrit (preferably long sleeves)
>Hoodie
>Leather jacket (preferably 1 size bigger than the hoodie)

>BOTTOM :
>Comfy pajamas
>Jeans over pajamas
>Thick socks
>Boots
>>
Hmm, /out/ used to do a Clothing General... before we became a bunch of hippy faggots who only talk about being naked or knives for some reason.

As others have said, layering is always your best bet. Preferably with a synthetic or wool undershirt. Jeans are fine, but if you're expecting to be /out/ in the rain and cold, they'll just absorb water and hold that cold water against you.

If you wanna go milsurp OP, I recommend an M65 with a liner if you can find one for under $70. Any more money, and you could buy some good Gore-tex. I wear one reguarly in the winter with an undershirt, a waffle top, one of my Dickies shirts from work, maybe a hoodie or my cheapo anorak as well if it's icy rain like tonight.

Just go to your local surplus store and see if anything is worth your time.
>>
>>28347241
>I'd suggest you not buy any of that stuff and go with civilian gear instead.
A agree with this for the most part. And get some hand and toe warmers.
But buy one of these, this is some legit great gear and the best 20 bucks I ever spent on cold weather gear. It's got a face tab to grab when wearing thick gloves so you can pull it down or up, and the mouth area is actually breathable.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/612474/military-surplus-combat-vehicle-crewman-balaclava-new-condition-nomex-olive-drab
These guys don't have one in stock, but ebay etc does. Just posted for an example.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.