[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know that if you shoot somebody in self defense, you must kill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
I know that if you shoot somebody in self defense, you must kill him and not just incapacitate. Let's say a person has broken into your house and is trying to murder you. You shoot and injure him to where he is not a threat, but is still alive. Against all odds, you have run out of ammo and you are not able to get more or another gun, so shooting him again is out of the question. What do you do? Beat or bludgeon him to death? Call the police?
>>
>>28342245
>I know that if you shoot somebody in self defense, you must kill him and not just incapacitate.

No numbnuts, you shoot to stop a threat. Once you're no longer in danger you stop shooting.
>>
>>28342268
I have been told that it is extremely unwise to maim an assailant and not kill him.
>>
>>28342295
The fuck outta here
>>
>>28342317
No u
>>
You are fucking retarded lmao

Is Christmas break over yet?
>>
>>28342295
It certainly looks more like a murder with a dead guy there
>>
>>28342354
Why don't you enlighten me instead of being an unhelpful faggot
>>
>>28342245
shoot to incapacitate. killing is an excellent way to do that.

don't shoot to injure, unless it's to injure their heart or brain
>>
You shoot to kill. If you don't kill, it's ok, you've stopped the threat. But you don't shoot to wound, because there's a good chance that you could kill them. Understand?
>>
>>28342295
By people who don't understand what they're talking about.

You shoot until a threat is neutralized. Killing someone may be part of that, but if it's obvious that you went out of your way to kill someone after they're no longer a threat then you might be in hot water. Just avoid saying that you were shooting to maim after the incident, because that could lead to some hard questions about whether or not you really thought you were in danger.

YMMV depending on state, city, etc. but just don't be a pleb and you ought to be good.
>>
>>28342370
>>28342373
>>28342385
That's all I wanted to know
Thanks
>>
>>28342295
>>28342245
if you feel that youre or someone elses life, limb, or eyesight is in danger, you use lethal force to stop whatever they are doing. That is Lethal Force, you intend to kill them. Youre not seal team 6, dont overthink a self defence scenario. If someone is using deadly force you should respond would deadly force.
If they are stealing your lawn knome you shouldnt use deadly force.

Its really simple
>>
>>28342245
You do not shoot to kill or wound, you shoot to stop threat - if the bad guy die in the process of you stopping the threat it is unfortunate for him.
>>
>>28342434
your*
with*
>>
>>28342245
There's two things that you need to know in a self defense scenario

>Aim for the A frame
>pop pop until the nigga drops

That's literally it. If he dies, fuck it, he brought it on himself. If he lives, call 911 (call 911 ANYWAY to be honest), request an ambulance and honestly hope he just bleeds out before they get there. Never touch the person you've shot, never render first aid, even if you know it, and never touch their weapon.

If you render first aid and he dies, the family may have a case for negligent care or something similar. If you touch the weapon, things get iffy with the prosecutors as they attempt to imply there was no threat because your prints are on the weapon. If you touch him there's even more shit that will happen from prosecutors.

Simply aim for center mass and squeeze your trigger until he falls down and stops moving. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>28342434
What if I consider my lawn gnome a loved one?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.