[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sig P938 SAS thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: p938 sas.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
p938 sas.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
Thoughts? Everyone seems to think this is either the god tier subcompact for ultimate conceal-ability or an overpriced less than reliable pistol. Money is not an issue with me, but getting spotted with my carry piece is (I would lose my job at a minimum). I am thinking whatever gun I get will end up being ankle carried since I wear a tailored shirt + suit daily. I am not worried so much about being able to get to the weapon instantly (like in a robbery situation) so much as I am worried about an active shooter situation (have been within 50 meters of a workplace shooting recently and no longer give a fuck about my workplaces rules).

My carry piece when I'm not at work is a Glock 19 in a Crossbreed supertuck...it conceals well, but not to the level I need at work.
>>
>>28339677
>god tier subcompact for ultimate conceal-ability or an overpriced less than reliable pistol
It's really neither. I have one, and only carry it when I'm dressed like you describe (which is rare for me)

It's tiny and would conceal even in a fitted shirt with a decent IWB holster, so you wouldn't even have to ankle carry. Slip a spare mag in your coat pocket and you'll be good.

Anyway, they can be found on sale online for $500, but are usually $550-600, so it's a lot of cash for what you get: thin, all-metal framed, night sights, SAO, 6+1 9mm "baby 1911"

But have you actually tried concealing a Glock 26 or 43 in your suit? One of those might be a better choice if your primary weapon is a G19.
>>
File: 938sas.jpg (81 KB, 1024x759) Image search: [Google]
938sas.jpg
81 KB, 1024x759
its bretty gud, its my daily pocket carry/backup
>>
>>28339909
also, use the 7 round extendo clips.
>>
I have been renting it a few times at my local range and I've really enjoyed it. I would chalk it up to my general lack of experience but I prefer shooting it to the Shield, the full-size M&P, or... a full-size Beretta (don't remember what kind).

Like you, I also tuck in my shirt on a daily basis and (maybe like you) I'm a small dude so I've been looking at the P938 for a carry gun.

It would be my first handgun though. Any reason I shouldn't go ahead with it?
>>
>>28339863

The G43 is actually the other pistol I am considering. The 26 is ok but a bit thick. At 6'3" and 160 lbs, I am trying to get as slim as possible.

The need for concealment really can't be overstated. I work in a very lucrative but very close knit work community where firearms aren't really thought kindly of (or they just expect private security to be the ones with them)- if the wrong person caught me with my CCW I may very well be banished from an entire industry in certain sectors.
>>
>>28339677
Love mine, I have the Extreme.
>>
They are nice for sure. My boss carries his daily. My carry sig is a p239 9mm which suits my needs better.

That said my favorite pocket pistol is the kahr k9. Amazing gun thats metal but also striker fired with a long but very light trigger. On paper seems weird but in person it's one of the best gun purchases I've ever made.
>>
My roomier has the 93i and I carry an LC9S. Objectively, the Ruger is a better gun for the money. Trigger is lighter as I'd the gun. It's also thinner. I found the Sigs recoil to be snappier which confuses me. Maybe it's just that it's louder.

I like my LC9 better to be honest , fan.
>>
>>28339677
I have a 938 SAS and love it, 500+ rounds and the mainspring housing seems just fine. I've had a couple malfunctions of the same kind using cheap Perfecto brass jacketed 115gr where the hammer fails to lock back. I'm wondering if they were light loads, I've never had a single malfunction of any kind using my carry ammo, HST 124 +P, though.
>>
Thought about an XD-S 45? Super concealable and you get 7 rounds of 45 ACP instead of 9mm. Depending on how your pants are tailored you can even pocket carry it.
>>
File: 014.png (1 MB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
014.png
1 MB, 640x1136
>>28340441
It's the ammo. The only time I ever had my 938 Extreme misfeed was with "perfecta"
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.