[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/,i'm buying a PPS-43 parts kit and i was wondering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: pps.jpg (92 KB, 800x571) Image search: [Google]
pps.jpg
92 KB, 800x571
Hey /k/,i'm buying a PPS-43 parts kit and i was wondering what i need to do to make it into a "pistol" variant or a SBR. Pic related it's the kit.
>>
>>28337784
Give the ATF 200 dollars and let them fuck you for a couple months
>>
>>28337798
/spoiler/ Does the ATF have to know /spoiler/
>>
A barrel may be tricky to find, do you have any idea where you will get yours?
>>
>>28337784
Are you going to machine your own barrel from a barrel blank ?
>>
>>28338196
there are barrels and a repair kit at http://www.indianapolisordnance.com/pps43.html
>>
Do you know how to reweld a receiver/adjust the bolt and FCG to semi auto/make it clisee bolt with a free firing pin/add rails to the interior of the receiver to prevent you from using an unmodified bolt?
because if not there's no point in even buying it or making it an sbr (unless the atf doesn't need to know)
>>
>>28338315
*closed bolt
>>
>>28338315
You would need to drill the bolt out and install a firing pin + spring. Then you'd need the appropriate FCG to make it function as a closed bolt weapon.
This is not something that can easily be done if you have little experience with gunsmithing or metalworking in general.
You're better off asking for advice on Weaponeer.
>>
>>28338406
i know very good gunsmith to do that he actually mills too and has a ffl i was thinking about checking the price of just buyin one from io inc website
>>
>>28338282
Just that order and you've almost spent as much as it costs to get an assembled PPS-43 pistol.
>>
>>28338857
true i will just ask my gunsmith how much it is to buy it off of IO inc website
>>
>>28338814
The real point of a parts kit is assembling it yourself. Plus you'd have to either do it all on your own or buy a new receiver. Because if you make a homemade gun (reweld from properly demi led kits count as home made) you yourself have to actually do it
>>
>>28337875
Yeah, unless you want to end up in prison
>>
>>28338931
more or less a joke im not that stupid
>>
>>28337784
Just get the pps43c pistol and call it a day, or pay 200.00 extra and tinker with the stock to make it work, either way more practical then trying to do it yourself
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.